What did you do?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Participated in a local 8km walk, for which there was also a 10km run. Happy not to have done the run which must have been brutal - at two different points there was a gain and loss of 650+ feet and at least a third of it was on forest pathways next to a river so there were tons of tiny stones (this type of terrain was also part of the steep up and down portion of the route). Three different devices logged the walk as 9+ km, so I think the run must have been 11+ km; I know the starting loop that was runners only was .5 km because I ran it yesterday and the other runners only loop was well over a 1 km (I pass by that area frequently in nice weather when I choose not to take the bus into town).

Texas84

21 mile week last week. 3-5-3 then 10 on Saturday. 35F on Saturday morning! But sunny so not too bad. Almost warmed up 20 degrees during the run. Had to shed the gloves and unzip the jacket by mile 4.

Also doing the Power 90 sculpt workout 3 times a week to get some core work in before Dark Side.

JillC LI

Back in NY after a weekend in Texas. Squeezed in a hilly 4 mile run while there. Did another 4 miles this morning on flat ground and it felt so much easier even though it wound up being nearly a minute per mile faster.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Just got back from my week-long SW cruise. I planned on working out, doing a little running, but managed to catch a bit of a cold. Needless to say, my workout clothes came home clean....and I gained 5 pounds. :(

Picked up plenty of SW stuff, heard a lecture from the head of VFX at Lucasfilms, watched every film, got to hug C3PO, had an absolute blast! Am I ready for this coming weekend? Not really...but that's okay. I've done it before. :p

LAKid53

Premium Member
After hour training session, 2.31 miles on the TM. Haven't really done much over the last two weeks. But the swelling in my feet and ankles that happened during the cruise last week has gone. Never had that happen before. And I mean swollen...like I couldn't get my running shoes on swollen. Like I couldn't see my ankle bones swollen. I haven't had swelling like that since I was pregnant with my daughter. Weird. Happened a day after I woke up sick our first day at sea.

Two more training runs until this weekend. :) Gonna be a hot race weekend - highs are expected to be in the low 90s. :eek: Hydrate, hydrate....

Time to finish my taxes...and finish laundry so I can repack and head back to WDW!

dreamfinder

Sat was 7.5 outside pushing DS in the jogger. Was only going to be a 5k-ish, but he feel asleep at mile 2 and everyone knows not to wake a sleeping kid. Felt like I was running into the wind no matter what direction I ran. Yesterday was bike, today was 2.56@2i, 1.25@8, 1.31@7:30. Really need to push that back down now that race season is upon us again.

Congrats to all the Boston runners yesterday, and huge props to the American runners who put a bunch in the top 10.

LAKid53

Premium Member
A gentle 2.84 miles in the 80 degree Florida weather. Wanted my last training run to be in temperatures close to the races.....

@Texas84, I expect we will be running under yellow flags this weekend. Don't remember it being this warm last year....

Texas84

A gentle 2.84 miles in the 80 degree Florida weather. Wanted my last training run to be in temperatures close to the races.....

@Texas84, I expect we will be running under yellow flags this weekend. Don't remember it being this warm last year....

Seem to recall it was pleasant last year.

Hope for a nice breeze and some clouds for the back of the pack. Probably about 80 for the final finishers. If it gets hot slow it down folks. Might also help to carry hydration and fill up your bottles at the stops.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Seem to recall it was pleasant last year.

Hope for a nice breeze and some clouds for the back of the pack. Probably about 80 for the final finishers. If it gets hot slow it down folks. Might also help to carry hydration and fill up your bottles at the stops.

Already packed some bottles.

This hazel eyed, dark hair, pale skin Irish/Welsh/Scottish girl is also worried about burning. In addition to hydrating, I'll be slathering on sunscreen....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom