What dark ride should replace SWSA?

Thrill Seeker

Yes, it is 100% confirmed Snow White is going away for good. There is talk of the meet and greet going away at a later date and being replace by another dark ride, so hopefully this is true.

Personally, I am pulling for a Beauty and the Beast themed dark ride. I could also see Tangled, Alice and Cinderella as probabilities. Who knows what will come of it.

Walt Disney1955

Yes, it is 100% confirmed Snow White is going away for good. There is talk of the meet and greet going away at a later date and being replace by another dark ride, so hopefully this is true.

Is there a link? I mean, they "confirmed" things with the Fantasyland expansion and things changed right?

David S.

I agree wholeheartedly with everything Big Phil said and my first choice would be to keep the Snow White ride. However, since Disney has announced that this won't happen, I think eventually having another classic dark ride in that building would be MUCH more preferable to using such a prime attraction location for a meet and greet, and would help take away some of the sting from losing Snow White.

Pinocchio's Daring Journey is my first choice, if Snow White leaves. This is my favorite of the DL Fantasyland dark rides, and my second favorite Disney animated film. The characters, story, and music are timeless and IMO deserve better representation in the MK than just the Village Haus restaurant. The relative close proximity to Village Haus would also make this a great choice.

Alice In Wonderland and a reborn Mr. Toad's Wild Ride are my second and third choices.

If they would rather go in the direction of an Animated Classic that has never had a dark ride in a Disney Park before, I can think of several I'd enjoy, including but not limited to:

(Listed in order of film's release)

Mickey and the Beanstalk (segment from "Fun and Fancy Free" that the neighboring "Sir Mickey's" gift shop is already themed to!)
Cinderella
Sleeping Beauty
101 Dalmatians
Sword In the Stone
Mary Poppins
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin
Princess and the Frog
Tangled

Obviously, there are several others I did not mention that I would also love, such as Lady and the Tramp, Jungle Book, The Rescuers, etc., although I'm not sure how they would fit with the more "royal", European, storybook vibe of Fantasyland.

Rapunzel

Robin Hood. Great story for a dark ride. The archery tournament. The burning castle. The last scene with the wedding. Not to mention it's my favorite movie and drastically (IMO) underrepresented in the parks.

There are several underrated Disney movies I'd love to see made into an attraction similarly such as the Hunchback of Notre Dame (or perhaps bring the show back in some form at some park), Hercules, or Robin Hood. A very popular movie right now is Tangled, and quite obviously that would be my first pick. :p

powlessfamily4

Sleeping Bueaty was my favorite princess as a child so I would definitley pull for her. (We only had 3 to choose from back then)

Having said that, I think a villians dark ride would be AWESOME!! Now for all those who say it would scare small children, so would Space mountain and some of the other thrill attractions. You just wait until they are old enough to handle it. I think it would be a nice change up for teens also.

WDW_Princess

Since the ride is a "scary adventure", I think a Black Cauldron dark ride would be great, complete with an AA Gurgi. But, I guess no one knows what that movie is either. Then again, what children these days have even seen Peter Pan or Dumbo? Not many I am sure.

ght

I agree wholeheartedly with everything Big Phil said and my first choice would be to keep the Snow White ride. However, since Disney has announced that this won't happen, I think eventually having another classic dark ride in that building would be MUCH more preferable to using such a prime attraction location for a meet and greet, and would help take away some of the sting from losing Snow White.

Pinocchio's Daring Journey is my first choice, if Snow White leaves. This is my favorite of the DL Fantasyland dark rides, and my second favorite Disney animated film. The characters, story, and music are timeless and IMO deserve better representation in the MK than just the Village Haus restaurant. The relative close proximity to Village Haus would also make this a great choice.

Alice In Wonderland and a reborn Mr. Toad's Wild Ride are my second and third choices.

If they would rather go in the direction of an Animated Classic that has never had a dark ride in a Disney Park before, I can think of several I'd enjoy, including but not limited to:

(Listed in order of film's release)

Mickey and the Beanstalk (segment from "Fun and Fancy Free" that the neighboring "Sir Mickey's" gift shop is already themed to!)
Cinderella
Sleeping Beauty
101 Dalmatians
Sword In the Stone
Mary Poppins
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin
Princess and the Frog
Tangled

Obviously, there are several others I did not mention that I would also love, such as Lady and the Tramp, Jungle Book, The Rescuers, etc., although I'm not sure how they would fit with the more "royal", European, storybook vibe of Fantasyland.

I pretty much agree with all of your choices except Alice. Not that I don't like DL's Alice but I don't think they would be able to work the exterior parts into the SWSA show building so I fear it would be a stripped down version of the DL one. If they bring a classic over from DL I would go with Toad first (which they won't bring back but hey I can wish) and the Pinocchio. Of the new choices I like 101 Dalmatians, it would be nice to see something from that movie in one of the parks.

muse1983

I wouldn't hold your breath; you might invent a new shade of blue. Once FLE is completed, we're not going to see another new attraction in Fantasyland for at least a decade - 2024ish (if that).

After the expansion is complete we don't need to see another attraction in Fantasyland. It will be time for Disney to move on to Adventure and Tomorrow land as far as the MK is concerned hopefully.

Heck I might as well dream that they will just focus everying on the very uncompleted Animal Kingdom:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom