What could be done to help improve Space Mountain?

Timon

I'm a first day rider and every year since "75 I've ridden Space Mountain. So yes I love this ride.

I agree with all the outside building suggestions, classic Disney fantasy architecture.
BUT(Light your flamethrowers)
after 37 years I think the inside could be re-imagineered to feature classic elements while bringing SM into the 21st century.
1. Build a low building on the north side to house a new load/unload.
2. Scrape out everything, creating more room for two new coasters.
3. New queue goes thru coaster with space station view ports of coasters.
4. New Alpha - state of the art, anything goes. Target: Teens, coaster lovers.
5. New Beta - Very similar to the same features as the existing Target: Youth, Family
6. LIM launching
7.New WEDway track could weave through building with banked turns (minor thrills)

Technically this would be a new "E" ticket which Marketing could beat the drum for years, it would satisfy most guests except Fans of 1970's Tech.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Let's see...

Full track replacement (including brake system.)
New trains with onboard audio.
Exterior lighting package. (bonus points if they add neon...)
TTA segment enhancements.
Silent lift.
All the projection effects from DL and Hong Kong.
Paint the exterior (Looks awful now.)
Clean out any mold they missed last refurb.

That would be a good start..

Oh...and take out that trash bag!
(Kidding. I'm sure it isn't still there.)
This.

rsoxguy

I vote for on-board meals. The kind that come on trays, with little knives and forks, little salt and pepper shakers, and perhaps a mint to settle the stomach after eating an indiscernible dessert item.

erasure fan1

The one thing that needs to happen is to make the ride a lot less rough. Of course to do that you would need to rip out the old track. At that point I would love for them to just re-work the entire ride. Add a few more mid level thrills and a silent lift hill and you are golden. You wouldnt really have to alter the layout all that much either. So this way you could keep both sides as happy as possible.

I'm a first day rider and every year since "75 I've ridden Space Mountain. So yes I love this ride.

I agree with all the outside building suggestions, classic Disney fantasy architecture.
BUT(Light your flamethrowers)
after 37 years I think the inside could be re-imagineered to feature classic elements while bringing SM into the 21st century.
1. Build a low building on the north side to house a new load/unload.
2. Scrape out everything, creating more room for two new coasters.
3. New queue goes thru coaster with space station view ports of coasters.
4. New Alpha - state of the art, anything goes. Target: Teens, coaster lovers.
5. New Beta - Very similar to the same features as the existing Target: Youth, Family
6. LIM launching
7.New WEDway track could weave through building with banked turns (minor thrills)

Technically this would be a new "E" ticket which Marketing could beat the drum for years, it would satisfy most guests except Fans of 1970's Tech.

No flame-throwers here, but I do agree with Number 4. It needs something to attract teens. Maybe an on-board music system(plug an Ipod or Iphone in and listen to your own Music! Great Marketing Ploy!) I agree wth number 3. The current queue, including the next-gen, bores me. The games are not fun, and I coulld just use a smartphone to have even better games. I agree with number 6. It would get rid of that loud, obnoxiuos noise from the chain, while making the ride more exciting. The rest of them... Not loving them so much, but they are not bad ideas. I just don't fancy them.

the-reason14

Why not keep a classic a classic and build a new coaster somewhere else? :shrug: Surely Disney World is big enough for an extra coaster or two.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom