What Classic Disney movies, do you think should have a ride at DW

Mary Poppins of course! She really deserves her own attraction. As many of you may know, there was a Poppins attraction originally scheduled for Fantasyland at WDW. There is supposed to be several designs for Poppins rides sitting in the vaults at Disney.

She is my favorite. I painted her on wood and put her outside in my yard for Christmas:

pop.jpg

poppins.jpg

Mimi

A dark ride based on Alice in Wonderland would be awesome!

I totally second this!! Chances are I will never make it out to DL but I really want to see this ride!! I think it would be great to have it in WDW! Also I think that we need a Sleeping Beauty Attraction. A magnificent movie... with very little to show for it in WDW. Desperately needed!!!

Chickapin Chick

I totally second this!! Chances are I will never make it out to DL but I really want to see this ride!! I think it would be great to have it in WDW!

Alice in Wonderland at Disneyland is just plain cool. It's incredibly colorful and lively, and as someone mentioned earlier, it takes place indoors and outdoors within a two-story show area.

Anyway, my vote for a potential attraction based on a Disney movie would go to Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Guests would board brass-framed beds and travel, for example, to The Island of Naboombu, Professor Brown's mansion, and Portobello Road. I would be beyond stoked to see the Imagineers bring the suits of armor and other medieval characters from the movie's finale to life. Can you imagine hearing them chanting[SIZE=-1] "Traguna Macoides Tracorum Satis Dee?" It would be so wonderfully thrilling. That's my favorite part of the movie; I rewind the last half an hour over and over.

But, alas, I know this will never happen. Bedknobs and Broomsticks is often regarded as a poor man's Mary Poppins, and it's just not beloved enough by most people to be made into an actual WDW attraction. The movie has a fan in me, though. It's one of my all-time favorites. In fact (please, no one throw stones at me for this) I love it more than Mary Poppins.

I suppose I'll just have to stick with my constant rewinding.
[/SIZE]

ThumperDude

I went on Alice in Wonderland when I was 11. Then again in '96. I still enjoyed it. Funny thing, I walked right passed it several times before I reconized it. The trees had grown so much in the last 25 years. It's even more magical riding among the trees during the outside part.
Anyway...
Fantasia would make a great dark ride. Not sure about the design of the cars, (perhaps a bucket with a broomstick in the back?) but an overhead track would be fun.
Also, The Lion King. Intregrate some, (not alot,) video screens showing the classic film images with actual set pieces and AA figures. We could ride in a carcouse, (sp?) of a dead water buffalo. Then when the rides over, all the children could receive paper gold crowns while us adults would get a turkey leg to chew on. (a real one)

wbt06

i love Bedknobs and Broomsticks. as a child i thought marry popens was no good. BBis my alltime favorite disney movie. they could make a very fun ride out of it. but allas hardly anyone knows about this movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom