What Classic Disney movies, do you think should have a ride at DW

Obviously, for me, The Lion King.

I remember Tahu gave me this link to a fan imagineered attraction dubbed "Pride Mountain." An attraction like his would be perfect in MGM or DAK. The plans for this attraction are so detailed and attention to detail is brilliant.

I know this isn't the Imagineer thread but I just wanted to share this:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22010&highlight=lion+king

Wow. I just read through that and it was absolutely amazing. :D

CThaddeus

1. TRON, definitely. If any movie made sense in either Tomorrowland or Future World, this is the one. This could be absolutely mind-blowing, with state-of-the-art 3-D computer effects, realistic audio-animatronics, etc. I'm talking Spider-Man plus here, with a completely immersive environment starting out with a deres-ing sequence moving you from the real world into the game world.
2. The Nightmare Before Christmas - Often discussed on these boards, I love the idea of an attraction devoted to this movie. Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland has proved just how good and popular this could be. The Studios could use a great E-ticket, and I think done right, this might work.
3. Monster, Inc. - A GOOD attraction dedicated to this movie. It would be a roller-coaster style attraction which could weave in and out of Monstropolis, the door storage areas, and the real world.
4. Aladdin - Again, a GOOD attraction dedicated to the movie. This time, we're talking a wild ride controlled by the Genie (since this is my fantasy, Robin Williams WILL do the voice). Since he's unpredictable, there would be different sections he could send you to each time you ride. One time you might end up trying to escape from the Cave of Wonders. Another time you might have to go up against Jafar, another time you'll race through the streets of Agrabah, and so forth. It might require a lot of space, but since it's different all the time (there could even be different things that might happen within the plotline the Genie throws you into) it would have a great re-ridability factor.
And to wbt06, I think Bedknobs and Broomsticks is better known than you might believe. It's on TV pretty frequently (it was on Hallmark just a few days ago) and it has been released on DVD a couple of times. I think it might make a great attraction, too, especially with the idea of the bed jumping from location to location, allowing someone to "start" the attraction by twisting the bedknob and saying the magic words, and the great music. This could be a tour-de-force of Audio-Animatronics, rivalling Splash Mountain.

mharrington

Oh, I really do not know, maybe...

• The Little Mermaid (need I say more?)
  • Pinocchio (bigger and better than DL)
  • The Incredibles
  • Fantasia (not as a dark ride, but as maybe a boat ride at the mythological area long slated for AK, or maybe as a better scene from GMR)

Astronaut Jones

Oh, I really do not know, maybe...
  • The Little Mermaid (need I say more?)
  • Pinocchio (bigger and better than DL)
  • The Incredibles
  • Fantasia (not as a dark ride, but as maybe a boat ride at the mythological area long slated for AK, or maybe as a better scene from GMR)
The Incredibles really could be pretty cool, hadn't thought of that one.

RandomHero914

There are honestly a countless number of movies which I think would translate very nicely into a ride of sorts, although one film in particular would without a doubt have to be The Nightmare Before Christmas. I know many people may not view this as a "classic" (or possibly not even an honest-to-goodness Disney movie, for that matter)... but I believe that they could do an amazing job with dedicating an entire ride solely to the movie. There is a lot that could be done with incorporating the whole different-holiday motif, and the unique artistic style of the movie would truly be a sight to see up close.

DisneyWood

1. Condorman
2. Darby O' Gill & the little People;

I think that both would make for interesting rides for all parties involved. However, I realize that a lot of people probably haven't even heard of these movies. Anyways, I think they would be good, even though it will never happen.

dazzer68

i think some of the earlier disney films should be treated better with better rides ie snow white, peter pan, yes they are good rides but they should be so much better.and a bambi attraction should be there.

mattnyc78

I second ALADDIN. I think it's one of the only films that would truly lend itself perfectly to an attraction like that.

I also think that something truly beautiful could be done with my favorite Disney film, SLEEPING BEAUTY. It has the perfect mix of fantasy and darkness to make a really incredible ride in my opinion.

dazzer68

I second ALADDIN. I think it's one of the only films that would truly lend itself perfectly to an attraction like that.

I also think that something truly beautiful could be done with my favorite Disney film, SLEEPING BEAUTY. It has the perfect mix of fantasy and darkness to make a really incredible ride in my opinion.
its ben done at disneyland paris
the castle is sleeping beauty you can walk round the whole castle and go up to the galleries and look out through the stain glass windows and go outside and look at the turrets overlooking fantasyland, and you can go in to the dungeons under the castle to the dragons liar where theres a huge aa dragon in the dark with jusr glowing water and dripping of the cave very spooky!then the dragon roars really loud! its a Beautiful castle much better than the wdw one

hauntdmansion79

I would love to see the almost built Little Mermaid Ride they showcase on the DVD come to the parks one day. It's one of the best ride concept and layout I've seen! I know they already have the Little Mermaid show at MGM but I'd love a ride.

I would also love to see an Aladdin dark adventure ride. Again, they do have the carpets in Adventure Land, but the movie deserves a full ride.

Marry Poppins would be great! Word has it they almost did.

Lastly, (not really a Disney movie but...) I would like to see a Muppet ride, that would rule supreme!

hauntdmansion79

Obviously, for me, The Lion King.

I remember Tahu gave me this link to a fan imagineered attraction dubbed "Pride Mountain." An attraction like his would be perfect in MGM or DAK. The plans for this attraction are so detailed and attention to detail is brillant.

I know this isn't the Imagineer thread but I just wanted to share this:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22010&highlight=lion+king

I love Disney fans. That ride concept is AWESOME! Get this guy a job at imagineering ASAP!

Imaginationeer

I would love to see rides based on Aladdin and Hercules. I just think something with an ancient greek theme and giant animatronics would be awesome.

jimmieglen2006

The Secret Lab Ride from Emperor's New Groove would be amazing. Shame that movie didn't do that well, though.
I have always thought that the lab ride would be an awsome indoor coster.
also a great narnia dark ride would be awsome.
i know its not a movie but a cool disney tv ride maybe a studio back lot type tour of all the disney tv shows made past nad present. like sets of lizze mygwire to the new stuff like suite life.

psifreek27

Aladdin Coaster style cave of wonders ride in Adventureland or morocco in Epcot

Mermaid Lagoon with TLM Dark Ride in it AND the Little mermaid TDS show in Fantasyland

Nightmare before Christmas dark ride in MGM

Incredibles Coaster style at MGM

Brother Bear River Rapids ride at Canada pavillion in Epcot

Mulan show at china paviliion similiar to pocahontas and her animal friends at AK or Belles story corner in MK

Scaled down version of Mary Poppins broadway show to replace Beauty and the Beast at MGM...or....Both shows with similiar simplistic themeing airing at different times during the day...

There is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much disney could be doing...

and isnt!:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom