What can I videotape ????

Since1976

Brian_B said:
talk about massive thread ressurection...better late than never!

while we're at it I'll respond to the original question:

It's hard to tape Alien Encounter nowadays, because the cast members there are so darned picky about it. Also, it doesn't exist.

-Brian

You owe me a new keyboard.

geoffa

Video taping

dizpins14 said:
do not tape Alien Encounter cause the cast members get really mad if you try to. I almost got thrown out of the attraction. My camera has to power down and I was turning it off when they asked but they thought it was still on and started yelling, stuff like that. This past trip that happened to someone else. Funny thing is they say no flash photos not no photography at all.
If a cast member "yelled" at me I'd be right down to Guest Relations. I think you may mean they asked you assertively. If they have stated no photography or video then I think you should obey the rules.They can ask you to leave the ride. Re the phrase "no flash photography" implies that if you've a decent camera you CAN take pics but be sure not to annoy other guests when doing so. I filmed American Adventure / Hall of Presidents etc and it all came out great - the only problem is people who cough or sneeze or kids that chatter. I also filmed Ariel's show at the Studios. Alien Encounter is a NO NO. If you're going to film on rides like Big Thunder Mountain then you do so at your own risk and if the camera fell and hit anybody you would be liable. If you want to film on Kali rapids at Animal Kingdom then ENSURE your camera / video is in a totally waterproof camera bag made for the purpose - otherwise you'll be buying new equipment. Roller coasters are out for obvious reasons.. One thing I do is buy the souvenir DVDs / tapes and intercut them into my taping at the editing stage. You cannot video films but I did get some great footage (secretly) in the 360 degree Oh! Canada at Epcot. I also have the full (WDW) show of Fantasmic.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There are ways and means for almost everything. Just don`t a) distract other guests and b) put anyone, especially other guests, at risk.

And understand sometimes no means no for a good reason!

MissVickie

videos

The majority of the attractions in any park esp. ANY DISNEY parks all have spiels or signs with what is and isnt acceptable...
Stich is a NO-NO
Carousel of Progess is also a NO-NO

now see i find that funny about carousel of progress because i was at magic kindgom last oct 2nd and i rode it and there were about 30 people on it and people where taking photos like crazy and nobody said a word and the only other thing i remember from it was the song "its a great big beautifullll tomorrrow......" and having to walk my girlfriend outside and prove too her that the building rotated and not the stage lol.

colliera

Only recently

coastermaster83 said:
now see i find that funny about carousel of progress because i was at magic kindgom last oct 2nd and i rode it and there were about 30 people on it and people where taking photos like crazy and nobody said a word and the only other thing i remember from it was the song "its a great big beautifullll tomorrrow......" and having to walk my girlfriend outside and prove too her that the building rotated and not the stage lol.

CoP only became a no photography in recent years. For the majority of its run there were not restrictions.

dh999

Anyone know why they banned video taping of CoP? I have e-mailed guest relations a couple of times trying to find out why and I have never gotten an answer. I did find an old tape of it that I had shot back in 1993, but then ending is different. One CM told me there was no video taping allowed of Soarin or the pre-show of Soarin because it is new and they are trying to keep it from being all over the internet for a while. I can understand that, but CoP has been around ever since i started going to WDW in 1990.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
We taped CoP in 1990, 95 and 2001 - seems like it`s only a recent event. Hopefully it`s because it is staying put (surely if it were closing one CM somewhere would recognise the importance of taping it)

Either that or a complete DVD is coming out for when they destroy it. Heaven forbid!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom