What bugs you most when at WDW

makonyy15

Although we're on vacation, my family still tends to rush only because we like to get the most out of our day. It's not that we push in lines, budge or 'strongly annoy' others by any means. We just simply move swiftly by some people, with excuse me's as we go. So i feel there's a difference in rushing and budging, but I understand where you're coming from. People who let their kids run wild and they then cut in right along with their kids really pushes my buttons:fork:

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
Another thing that bugs me & this may not bug some of you because you may not know what I am talking about. I am a huge pin collector & when I go to Walt Disney World I love purchasing new Disney World pins & going to Pin Trading Night on Friday's at the Contemporary. Well whenever I am at the Magic Kingdom I always go to a pin talk by Scoop Sanderson. For some of you who have seen him, Scoop is the Reporter for the Main Street Gazete & sometimes takes place in opeing the Magic Kingdom when there is no Extra Magic Hour. Well at the last few talks I been to I noticed that a lot of kids who may be around 5 - 8 years old, always give Scoop gifts (pictures they drew or pic of them & Scoop). Well he usually gives those kids what I would like to call high end hard to get pins. Well since some of those kids are young the parents usually take pins from their parents. What I am getting to is that I think the parents told their kids to give him those gifts so the kids can get good pins for their parents. Well I feel that is a shame because I think those people are s__________g up & that is one thing I hate. You may not think of it being a big deal, but as an avid pin collector I think it's a very big deal.

I also see the same type of parents who tell their kids to trade for certin pins of Cast Member lanyards because they could be wearing a Green lanyard, which is only meant to trade with kids & once the trade is complete the kids hand the pin off to their parents. Basically the kids are being used as bate so the parents can get good pins they are not allowed to trade for by Walt Disney World's rules of trading with Cast Members.

bsandersjr

WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:
Another thing that bugs me & this may not bug some of you because you may not know what I am talking about. I am a huge pin collector & when I go to Walt Disney World I love purchasing new Disney World pins & going to Pin Trading Night on Friday's at the Contemporary. Well whenever I am at the Magic Kingdom I always go to a pin talk by Scoop Sanderson. For some of you who have seen him, Scoop is the Reporter for the Main Street Gazete & sometimes takes place in opeing the Magic Kingdom when there is no Extra Magic Hour. Well at the last few talks I been to I noticed that a lot of kids who may be around 5 - 8 years old, always give Scoop gifts (pictures they drew or pic of them & Scoop). Well he usually gives those kids what I would like to call high end hard to get pins. Well since some of those kids are young the parents usually take pins from their parents. What I am getting to is that I think the parents told their kids to give him those gifts so the kids can get good pins for their parents. Well I feel that is a shame because I think those people are s__________g up & that is one thing I hate. You may not think of it being a big deal, but as an avid pin collector I think it's a very big deal.

I also see the same type of parents who tell their kids to trade for certin pins of Cast Member lanyards because they could be wearing a Green lanyard, which is only meant to trade with kids & once the trade is complete the kids hand the pin off to their parents. Basically the kids are being used as bate so the parents can get good pins they are not allowed to trade for by Walt Disney World's rules of trading with Cast Members.

:lol:
That's funny too!

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
bsandersjr said:
:lol:
That's funny too!
It may sound funny but it's not funny when your taking advantage of your own children in order to get some pins. Yes I know there are hard to get, but come on using your kids as bait that's just wrong in my book. If these parents have enough money to spend on a trip to Walt Disney World & enough money to invest in pins, because it's an expensive hobby. Then I am sure they could spend a little more money on pins & get them off Ebay.

bsandersjr

WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:
It may sound funny but it's not funny when your taking advantage of your own children in order to get some pins. Yes I know there are hard to get, but come on using your kids as bait that's just wrong in my book. If these parents have enough money to spend on a trip to Walt Disney World & enough money to invest in pins, because it's an expensive hobby. Then I am sure they could spend a little more money on pins & get them off Ebay.

I see.
That's what I found funny.
Parents "pimping" their kids for pins.:lol:

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
bsandersjr said:
I see.
That's what I found funny.
Parents "pimping" their kids for pins.:lol:
If you have kids & were a pin collector would you do that to them, so you can get a pin that you really need to have?

Valawen9

bsandersjr said:
One thing I can't stand is when people, not kids, but older people sing along with the music in Philharmagic.

You would've hated it during Night of Joy then...practically everyone in the room was singing along.:D

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
Another thing I forgot to mention happened a few years ago. My family & I were waiting by the entrance for Frontierland to open, so we could right to Splash Mountain. We started talking to this guy & his family. I forget the reason, but he mentioned that WDW get's a lot of foriegn visitors (people from the UK, Japan, etc). Well the way he said it was like those people shouldn't be allowed there & then my Dad tells me that maybe we should have said to him, well did you know that your speaking with forigeners from Canada? I wonder what his reaction would have been?

shmmrname

A lot of things bug me when we are in WDW, but after a couple seconds I usually realize it's not really worth it at all to be mad. I mean, I'm in WDW, isn't being here worth any frustration that could possibly come up.
Patience is a virtue, that's what I've had ingrained in me I guess. And as far as most transgressions against good manners, yes they can be annoying, but at worst they are minor details in what will probably amount to quite an amazing trip anyway.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
BRER STITCH said:
3.) Strollers. 'Nuf said!

:)

While exiting Fantasmic one night back in DEC, heading back to the gate.... I was hit a total of 4 times by strollers. (twice by the same lady) :mad: :fork: :goodnevil

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom