What breaks you down?

jrogue

When I hear the song "Beauty and the Beast" I can't help but cry. Wishes, too! And the whole 8-min love sequence in UP. It's so beautiful.

But the WORST is when I'm leaving WDW and saying goodbye to the parks until my next trip. I made the mistake of getting a picture taken with Mickey before I left and I was sobbing the whole time. Mickey must've thought I was crazy :)

MissAlmyra

The ballroom scene in "Beauty and the Beast" is so elegant and straightforward, it always gets to me. Seconding about the feeling on the last day of vacation...it's always so bittersweet. No one ever wants to say, "ok, we're done"!
(For non-Disney, can I geek out for a moment and say series 3 of "Torchwood"?)

AllyInWonderland

Baby Mine on Dumbo

The beginning of UP

End of Toy Story 3

Lion King when Mufasa dies

Hunchback of Notre Dame

The little movie in One Man's Dream

SpectroMagic

Tapestry of Nations videos where the puppeteers are just so happy and then they dance with the little kids!

Brave when the mom as a bear loses her personality and Merida cries

And in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi when Darth Vader dies and then his ghost appears as Anakin (I know, I'm a geeky wimp :p )

OldYeller

The only thing that made me cry or well up lately was Captain EO(but those were tears of pain and agony as I sat through it). When I was a kid(in the 70s), end of Old Yeller, "Best of Friends" from Fox and the Hound, and the Mom scene from Bambi always reduced me to a sobbing mess

bethymouse

This may be strange, but CARS: the scene where Lightning McQueen ans Sally are riding around looking at Rte. 66 and remembering how things used to be.:(

luv

Terms of Endearment, Steel Magnolias, Click. I think that's it.

I do think Lion King has a couple very powerful scenes. I can only tear up once a decade, lol.

tracyandalex

Toy Story 3 - balled like a baby!
Lion King when Mufasa dies
Dumbo - I won't even watch it anymore
Hunchback - this one is hard to watch too
Tigger movie - had me a little teary when Tigger couldn't find his family tree
Bambi - when mom dies and when the dogs are chasing Bambi and his new mom

allgiggles

oh, and the end of Toy Story 3. total allergy attack ;)

OMG. I cried so much at that. I was such a mess that we had to sit in the theater even after the credits were finished so that I could get myself together enough to walk to the car (the kids were not amused by that). I held it together until we pulled out of the parking lot and then cried the whole way home. I haven't watched the movie again because I know I'll be a mess.

jmorri26

Baby Mine on Dumbo

I glazed over this as a kid and the first time I rewatched Dumbo with my, then, like 2 month old son in my arms *I*lost*it* I called my husband hysterically crying like "(sniff sniff sob) It's DUMBO...(sniff) He can't be with his MAMA... (sob) she's SAAAD sweetie!...(sob sob)"

I remember someone telling me Hook once you become a parent will make any father cry like a baby. Haven't seen it in a long time.

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
My little one loves the Tangled song too! She's been singing it since she was 2! As for tearing up, I have to say the scene at the end of Finding Nemo when Nemo tells his day he doesn't hate him...gets me every time.

ImagineerDude

The only time that scene from Lion King almost teared me up was during World of Color, mainly because WoC is amazing and it was my last night in DL.

Watching Main Street lights slowly disappear from the monorail on the last day of the trip usually hits me the most especially when we stay off property. Even the first sight of the castle gets me teared up except when Dream Along with Mickey goes on, then it gets me annoyed, but then I'm happy because I'm in Disney. :p

I get goosebumps just listening or watching Wishes on my phone. I can't help but smile :)

lsk

The beginning of Nemo. It came out when I was expecting our first child and we watched it in the theater and looked at each other with tears in our eyes. I still skip the movie forward to the 1st day of school scene so my kids don't see the shark getting the mom & babies.

journ116

In the parks:
@ EP: Illuminations: gets me every...single...time...
@ MK: Castle Lighting Show: I get goosebumps, but tears of joy, as the castle sparkles!
@ AK: Finding Nemo The Musical: especially right after Crush crushes his solo!

as for movies:

-I have to agree with many other posters, "The Lion King," when Simba nudges Mufasa and realizes he's gone...
-At the end of "UP," seeing Carl and Ellie's chairs sitting side-by-side with a pristine view of the Falls.
-"Pollyana," at the very end when all the townspeople come to her Aunt Polly's house to wish her well and say, "Thank you."
-And more recently, "Wreck-It Ralph," as Ralph is falling toward the Mentos, clutching the hand-made medal Vanellope crafted, and says the Bad Guys Anon motto, "I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." I showed this movie at my oldest DD's birthday and there wasn't a dry eye in the theatre!

allgiggles

In the parks:

as for movies:

-At the end of "UP," seeing Carl and Ellie's chairs sitting side-by-side with a pristine view of the Falls.

Oh geez...totally forgot about that one. I'm crying before we even hit the 10 minute mark in the movie; then again when Carl reads the last page in the scrapbook; and then again at the end with the closing credits and new scrapbook.

DfromATX

The only thing that made me cry or well up lately was Captain EO(but those were tears of pain and agony as I sat through it). When I was a kid(in the 70s), end of Old Yeller, "Best of Friends" from Fox and the Hound, and the Mom scene from Bambi always reduced me to a sobbing mess

Same here with Fox and the Hound and Bambi, plus Dumbo and Lion King.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom