What attraction do you wish was still around that you could experience with your children/SO?

jloucks

Another vote here for 20,000 Leagues.

I was very young when I first visited WDW. Shoot, it should have just been called Magic Kingdom as that was all that was there.

Anywho, of the handful of things I remember, that one was one. It was super cool and very memorable.

Splash Mountain was another, but it is still there so... yay!

DfromATX

Splash Mountain is my favorite ride, and I’m disappointed that it is changing. But a bittersweet memory will be that I was able to take my four year old daughter on it before the re-theme. She barely made the height requirement.

She loved it and calls it her favorite ride now. She won’t remember it when she grows older but I’ll tell her all about it and we’ll have the pictures and videos. It was the best way possible to give it one last ride.

I love Splash too and I was upset - heart broken - at the announcement of changing it. With that said, I have come to terms with it and I will give the new one a chance. I bet your daughter will like the new version. It seems more aimed at today's kids. Hopefully it'll be good!

Sbk1234

Absolute number one is Horizons!! All time greatest theme park attraction anywhere EVER!

After that, I'd say the original Journey Into Imagination, Maelstrom, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, World of Motion, Body Wars, Cranium Command.

Goofyernmost

I was lucky. My very first trip there was with my children. We saw it together and set our opinions together. For years after they grew up they said I was obsessed with the place and I was pretty deep into the place. They have not been as willing to spend the money to go there as I was and I think have only made two trips each without my presence and that means that my grandkids don't even have the exposure that my kids had. They have lost interest and because of that their children have lost it as well. So over the years we have gone from 4 people going regularly down to one (me) and now down to zero. I took my whole family there in 2008 and I think the grandkids have only been twice since then. I have one grandchild born in 2011 that has never been. It's hard to see the joy that I once saw no longer a part of their lives.

That said, however, I have no regrets. Our first trip was a perfect storm. We didn't have a lot of money but we all had a great time, perhaps to great because none of them were ever able to recreated the fun, memorable time we had that first trip in 1983. (including myself)

RobbinsDad

I'd say Horizons but I'm not sure my kids would appreciate it - different times, different contexts.

So I'll go with Tapestry of Nations.

Goofyernmost

We need to get real, when most of us experienced Epcot (i.e. Horizons) it was fairly new technology. The omnimovers, the animatronics the projection of what life would be like in the future was new. Today, everything that Horizons shows us has either happened and turned out not worth thinking about or can be duplicated by an app on a smartphone. It was exciting and mesmerizing. It would not have the same impact on today's kids that it had on us or my children. When I took my grandkids to Epcot in 2008 they were mildly interested in the rides because they were rides but the three attractions that they kept insisting that we do more than once was ToT, RcRC and Test Track all of which still remain. No one ever wanted to go to the others more than once. The youngest at 6 years old loved, loved, loved Test Track. Even though she is going to be 20 this coming August she still talks about how much she loved Test Track.

Weather_Lady

Mr. Toad's is the one I miss the most.

The best part of our Disneyland trip some 3 years ago was getting to take our kids on Mr. Toad's, Snow White, and the [revamped] 20,000 Leagues. While they weren't the same as the versions we'd grown up with, they were close enough to bring back many happy memories.

Sbk1234

An old and now extinct Tomorrowland attraction that would scare the pants off many, Alien Encounter. It eventually morphed into a hideous attraction starring Stitch:banghead:
I remember Alien Encounter. I never thought it was all that scary, although it was wonderfully suspenseful. While I didn't really mind the Stitch attraction too much, it was a poor replacement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom