What are your thoughts on the wand?

Wilt Dasney

Original Poster
Seriously, it's time we just got this all out in the open. I'm sick of all this dancing around the topic. :shrug:

Nemo14

Well, as Andy Warhol said at the announcement of the new HP attractions at Universal, "Mr Eisner, take down that Wand."

raven

I'm not trying to sound negative but do we honestly need another wand thread? I did a search for threads with "wand" and there are 500 threads now. Isn't that enough to discuss a stupid piece of metal that is soon to be gone anyway? I'm just sick of signing on and seeing "Wand this and Wand that" everywhere. Please tell me there's something better to discuss pertaining to WDW at the present time.

no2apprentice

My thoughts? On the wand? Okay...

Did the design of the wand, hand, and word "Epcot" really fit with the inspiring design of the geodesic sphere? Eh, not really.

Did it help identify the park to hundreds of thousands of people who were first time visitors to the park and really don't understand all the conflict about the wand? Yep.

Did it take away from the vision of EPCOT Center? No, for the true EPCOT as Walt envisioned was never built. Sorry, but it wasn't.

Will the sun still rise, the flowers bloom, and the birds sing when the wand is down? Yes, and the sun rose, the flowers bloomed, and the birds sang all the years the wand was up, too. Get the point?

Is it worth getting your knickers in a knot either way? No.

Final thought: love, peace, and rocky road ice cream.:D

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I thought it was a visual extravganza, as much spectacle and colour as the state opening of parliament.

Im sure Elton John would like it too.

jt04

I'm not trying to sound negative but do we honestly need another wand thread? I did a search for threads with "wand" and there are 500 threads now. Isn't that enough to discuss a stupid piece of metal that is soon to be gone anyway? I'm just sick of signing on and seeing "Wand this and Wand that" everywhere. Please tell me there's something better to discuss pertaining to WDW at the present time.

Wand?......What wand?....Theres a wand????:confused: I actually think it is a conductors baton.

jiminy.cricket

Did it take away from the vision of EPCOT Center? No, for the true EPCOT as Walt envisioned was never built. Sorry, but it wasn't.

This is so true! I don't know if I would have liked the idea of Epcot or EPCOT being built (it would seem like a waste of money), but it was a risk, and now it's my favorite park!

Will the sun still rise, the flowers bloom, and the birds sing when the wand is down?

Yes, in the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room.

MKCP 1985

it is a well documented rumor that the money being spent to take down the wand had previously been budgeted to provide each animatronic a squirt of grease, a costume cleaning, and an hour with Lucky (not necessarily in that order). :cool: Now, they will all have to go without, and for what? :( The humanity! :mad:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think Wandy is probably one of the Astros most talented up and coming pitchers....

ph_434643.jpg

JimboJones123

wand
One entry found.

wand

Main Entry: wand
Pronunciation: \ˈwänd\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, slender stick, from Old Norse vǫndr; probably akin to Old English windan to wind, twist — more at wind
Date: 13th century
1: a slender staff carried in a procession : verge
2: a slender rod used by conjurers and magicians
3: a slat six feet by two inches used as a target in archery; also : a narrow strip of paper pasted vertically on a target face
4: any of various pipelike devices; especially : the rigid tube between the hose and the nozzle of a vacuum cleaner
5: a handheld device used to enter information (as from a bar code) into a computer

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom