What are your MUST-WATCH pre-trip movies?

the1nonlysinger

DH & I try to rewatch as many Disney movies as possible before our trips. I'm sure we're not the only ones who do this! What Disney Movies do YOU have to watch before you journey to the World?

We generally watch the Pixar movies rather frequently so right now we're trying to focus on the ones we haven't seen in a while. (I'm sure a few of the Pixar movies will sneak in there though- so many favorites included in that category!!) So far this weekend we've watched Bambii, Dumbo, Snow White, Aristocats, and The Little Mermaid. We have so many left to watch! 25 days left to cram them in ;-)

luv

The Haunted Mansion.

Ha-ha. I joke.

I always suggest Lion King. There is so much Lion King stuff and it is a wonderful movie.

If people are willing to watch more than one, I'd toss in BatB and LM. Maybe Stitch.

With DS, we always had pizza, popcorn and pop and watched a movie every Friday night. When our first Disney trip was planned, I added Disney movies to the line-up...not that we weren't watching the occasional one, anyway. But when we went, he had seen everything they refer to except Song of the South, I think. And we'd talk about what we would do on the trip. It was fun.

Upvote 0

Aurora1

DH & I try to rewatch as many Disney movies as possible before our trips. I'm sure we're not the only ones who do this! What Disney Movies do YOU have to watch before you journey to the World?

We generally watch the Pixar movies rather frequently so right now we're trying to focus on the ones we haven't seen in a while. (I'm sure a few of the Pixar movies will sneak in there though- so many favorites included in that category!!) So far this weekend we've watched Bambii, Dumbo, Snow White, Aristocats, and The Little Mermaid. We have so many left to watch! 25 days left to cram them in ;-)

I don't usually do movies, but I have a HUGE Disney Park Music playlist on my Grooveshark- everything from the Fantasmic! Soundtrack to the background music from the Haunted Mansion!

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Since we have young children who watch Disney movies and shows on a daily basis + we've driven to WDW our last couple of trips...we save the Disney movie pysch up for the ride. I actually have made us go a couple of weeks without much in the way of Disney movies- pre trip- just so it's all really fresh and exciting for the ride. I have a case that can hold about 25 movies...which makes room for a little of everything. I don't go 100% Disney on what I pack, but on this last drive we watched/packed the following Disney movies for our psych up...

Winnie the Pooh
Pocahantas
Toy Story 3
The Lion King
The Aristocats
Jungle Book
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas
Disney's Very Merry Christmas Sing A Long
Peter Pan
Toy Story 2
Finding Nemo
Aladdin
Beauty and the Beast
Snow White
Alice in Wonderland
Robin Hood
Tangled
Lady and the Tramp
Sleeping Beauty
Cinderella
Monsters Inc.

I also have some Phineas and Ferb vids on my ipod and of course there's Disney music on there as well.

Upvote 0

RickP330

We have Apple TV and can watch YouTube vids on tv. We spent Sunday am watching POV movies of different attractions. Little Mermaid and storytelling with Belle in the new FL and belive it or not I was amazed. My DD (5YO) would not even entertain any type of big roller coaster, but she watched the everest ride with the Yeti like two dozen times. She loved it and now actually wants to ride it! I can't believe it, I might actually get lucky enough to ride it with her this time!!! Anyway, watching the rides has us geared up to plan a new trip. We are looking at the end of august...
RP

Upvote 0

KCheatle

This is so funny!! I totally "prime" my kids for Disney World!! (I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this!) I have them watch movies that involve either characters they'll meet or rides that they will ride. For example, we always watch Peter Pan and Dumbo so that they get excited to ride their rides. We also always watch the Toy Story movies so they get excited to meet the characters and ride the rides! We try to watch all of the princess movies, the Lion King, and I make them watch the classic Chip and Dale cartoons (in fact, for Christmas we got them the DVD set of Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers). I like for them to know the actual personalities of the classic characters instead of the "pc" characters they now have on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I like the old Donald that loses his temper and the Chip and Dale who are ornery. So, I try to introduce them to the characters I grew up with and loved :)

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

Okay, did this with DSIL before her first trip, she was very, very deprived as a child. We have started our viewing on NYE by watching "The Secret of the Wings" and "Brave"- no small children in the house. Do you think this means we're getting old ?!:rolleyes: Anyhoo... I will be making a point of watching Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid at the very least. Maybe I will schedule a disney movie night every week until we go and see how many movies we can get through on nights where there is nothing on tv.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom