What are your MUST-WATCH pre-trip movies?

the1nonlysinger

DH & I try to rewatch as many Disney movies as possible before our trips. I'm sure we're not the only ones who do this! What Disney Movies do YOU have to watch before you journey to the World?

We generally watch the Pixar movies rather frequently so right now we're trying to focus on the ones we haven't seen in a while. (I'm sure a few of the Pixar movies will sneak in there though- so many favorites included in that category!!) So far this weekend we've watched Bambii, Dumbo, Snow White, Aristocats, and The Little Mermaid. We have so many left to watch! 25 days left to cram them in ;-)

rodserling27

Peter pan is my all time favorite. Nothing makes me feel more like a kid again then that movie - plus then the ride is a must. I didn't realize it by my DD asked me the other day (while watching pan) why is the little mermaid in the ride but not the movie?? LOL

I'll head over to Martin's site now Thanks!!!!

What does Lilo and Stitch have to do with the Kona Cafe?

RP
Nothing whatsoever other than the fact that it takes place in Hawaii. . . and there's a statue of Stitch (I think) in the Kona Cafe.

Upvote 0

awoogala

We usually watch our photopass cds on the tv, then we go on youtube on the big tv, and watch ride videos.
Then we drive, and watch tons of other disney movies on the 18 hour drive!
This week we watched all four fairy movies, and toy story 1 and 2 ...tomorrow as we pack the car, I will put on toy story 3...

Upvote 0

awoogala

We don't really go out of our way to watch any particular typical Disney or Pixar movie before heading to the World, but we will watch a few here and there. Like others have mentioned, we do tend to watch a lot of Disney-esque videos on youtube.

The movies we tend to try to watch before a Disney trip are the documentaries. The ones we have enjoyed the most are "Frank and Ollie", "Walt: The Man Behind the Myth", "The Boys: The Sherman Brothers Story" and "Waking Sleeping Beauty". While watching Disney movies or videos of WDW is great, these documentaries give you an idea of how the movies and place we all know and love have come to be.
we watched all of those this month, too!

Upvote 0

wsmith1978

Mary Poppins
The Little Mermaid
The Lion King
Snow White
Beauty and the Beast
Peter Pan

On a side note, I just saw Pocahontas for the first time recently and I was blown away!! My God, what animation! The visuals were breathtaking. A new favorite for sure.

Upvote 0

the1nonlysinger

Original Poster
We have been cramming them in! 5 days til we leave, yet so many still to watch! Managed to add in Alice in Wonderland, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Finding Nemo, Cinderella, and Fox and the Hound... I still really want to watch The Lion King, Monsters Inc, The Toy Story trilogy, Peter Pan and Tangled. Doubt I'll make it, but one can dream...

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
DH & I try to rewatch as many Disney movies as possible before our trips. I'm sure we're not the only ones who do this! What Disney Movies do YOU have to watch before you journey to the World?

We generally watch the Pixar movies rather frequently so right now we're trying to focus on the ones we haven't seen in a while. (I'm sure a few of the Pixar movies will sneak in there though- so many favorites included in that category!!) So far this weekend we've watched Bambii, Dumbo, Snow White, Aristocats, and The Little Mermaid. We have so many left to watch! 25 days left to cram them in ;-)

We don't really have the same list - its kind of like what is going on at the parks at the time. For example, Little Mermaid and the new Snow White ride will be open for our next big trip, so we will rewatch those. When we finally have our baby and go on Dumbo (its the one ride we won't ride on that we are saving to do as a family) we will watch that. My Dh had not seen Princess and the Frog or Tangled so we watched those so he would know the two new princess since the last time he had been there.

Upvote 0

Bama14

Starting at 100 days out from our trip, we will change Friday family dinner/movie/game nights to a family Disney movie night. Everyone takes turns picking their favorite movie week by week. I always at some point pick Little Mermaid, Monster Inc., and Toy Story. Muppets, Pirates, and (my son's favorite) Tower of Terror, are always in there at some point too. BTW my 100th day out is Tues, let the Disney movie countdown begin! :)

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Dumbo - as the "Baby Mine" lullaby make me cry - in a good Momma way.

Same here. I still find it difficult to watch both Dumbo or Bambi; but, for trip prep we watch Peter Pan, Cinderella, Lion King, and we have a 'Song of the South' CD we found on Amazon several years ago for $75! We definitely watch Brer Rabbit get tossed in that briar patch!

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

I am trying to give my daughter little hints that we are going in 30 days without her knowing. We usually watch a Disney movie on Friday nights. We watched Tinkerbell (the 2nd one) this week. Watching Disney shows and other things. She is also a little concerned about flying so I have been asking her if Mickey sent us flights we should go?

Since we are staying in the Royal room at PORS, we will definitely be watching Princess and the Frog. Trying to get her to want to watch Alice In Wonderland. We have the staples on the iPad for the flight: Cinderella, Little Mermaid, Aladdin. For her, it is a flavor of the month. No clue what we will be seeing before we go.

Upvote 0

Animaniac93-98

I actually avoid watching Disney animated movies throughout the year (unless a re-release just happenes) until just before going to WDW (or DL), when they all get viewed together. I specifically save Sleeping Beauty for last as it's my favourite, makes it more of an "event" and signals I'm going the next day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom