What are your MUST-WATCH pre-trip movies?

the1nonlysinger

DH & I try to rewatch as many Disney movies as possible before our trips. I'm sure we're not the only ones who do this! What Disney Movies do YOU have to watch before you journey to the World?

We generally watch the Pixar movies rather frequently so right now we're trying to focus on the ones we haven't seen in a while. (I'm sure a few of the Pixar movies will sneak in there though- so many favorites included in that category!!) So far this weekend we've watched Bambii, Dumbo, Snow White, Aristocats, and The Little Mermaid. We have so many left to watch! 25 days left to cram them in ;-)

GoochDSA

We don't really go out of our way to watch any particular typical Disney or Pixar movie before heading to the World, but we will watch a few here and there. Like others have mentioned, we do tend to watch a lot of Disney-esque videos on youtube.

The movies we tend to try to watch before a Disney trip are the documentaries. The ones we have enjoyed the most are "Frank and Ollie", "Walt: The Man Behind the Myth", "The Boys: The Sherman Brothers Story" and "Waking Sleeping Beauty". While watching Disney movies or videos of WDW is great, these documentaries give you an idea of how the movies and place we all know and love have come to be.

Upvote 0

nc_disneyfreak

we so do this as well lol...what i do is this....about 3 month before our trip (12 weeks) we make a list of disney/pixar movies we want to watch before we go. We pick out out one movie to watch every fri. or sat. night for a total of 12 diff movies....we call it the WDW movie festival countdown..(cheesy i know) it gets us excited! i also watch youtube vids and come on here to read trip reports

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
we so do this as well lol...what i do is this....about 3 month before our trip (12 weeks) we make a list of disney/pixar movies we want to watch before we go. We pick out out one movie to watch every fri. or sat. night for a total of 12 diff movies....we call it the WDW movie festival countdown..(cheesy i know) it gets us excited! i also watch youtube vids and come on here to read trip reports
Mine starts at the 180 day mark we have a pretty large collection and we also watch the Star Wars movies to get us in the mood for SWW at HS

Upvote 0

nc_disneyfreak

Mine starts at the 180 day mark we have a pretty large collection and we also watch the Star Wars movies to get us in the mood for SWW at HS

never done sww as of yet...weve been twice so far and both times have gone the last part of april into early may...(just love flower and garden fest at epcot and perfect weather) but good idea on the star wars movies...geez all this disney talk makes me want to get on a plane lol...i tend to stay away from the forums till about a year out from our trips (which will be in another3 months) but im getting ancy lol...472 days!

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
never done sww as of yet...weve been twice so far and both times have gone the last part of april into early may...(just love flower and garden fest at epcot and perfect weather) but good idea on the star wars movies...geez all this disney talk makes me want to get on a plane lol...i tend to stay away from the forums till about a year out from our trips (which will be in another3 months) but im getting ancy lol...472 days!
SWW gotta do it once if your a fan!! My ds even goes in costume! Got in the parade last time!

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

phew, good topic!

honestly we've never watched a film before our trips, we always watch Youtube and Martin Videos. I like learning some historical aspect of an attraction and then maybe when we head down we'll see something we learned about... whether it be a structural element or a hidden mickey.

Upvote 0

RickP330

phew, good topic!

honestly we've never watched a film before our trips, we always watch Youtube and Martin Videos. I like learning some historical aspect of an attraction and then maybe when we head down we'll see something we learned about... whether it be a structural element or a hidden mickey.

What are Martin Videos? This seems in line with the type of thing I like to read / watch before I go!
RP

Upvote 0

rodserling27

What are Martin Videos? This seems in line with the type of thing I like to read / watch before I go!
RP
Martin (Marni on this forum) makes the BEST and most outstanding tribute videos about attractions and areas around WDW. I highly recommend you head over to http://www.martinsvids.net and start watching right now! They are really a site to behold.

As far as pre-trip movies, I have made documentaries about three of my last 6 trips, two of them are with my sister (who is accompanying me this time as well) so we will probably watch those together to get pumped and laugh about silly inside jokes.
I don't usually watch Disney films before the trip, but this time I will watch movies that co-incide with dining plans on my upcoming trip. So that means I'll probably watch:
Lady and the Tramp (Tony's)
Beauty and the Beast (Be our guest restaurant)
Lilo and Stitch (just because I'll eat at the Kona Cafe)

I'll probably also watch "Cinderella" since I just got that on Blu-Ray over the holidays.

and I still need to see "Pete's Dragon." Elliot has always been my favorite float in the MSEP but I just haven't gotten around to watching the movie yet. This time I will!!!

Upvote 0

flipadeeflop

I like to watch movies I either haven't seen in a while or haven't seen at all!
This time we watched Cinderella before we went, since I got it on Blu-ray. It was the first time we'd seen it since we were children, so it was fun to familiarize ourselves with the story before seeing the castle again!
I also like to theme the movies we watch to the rides we plan on as must-dos, like I plan on watching Peter Pan again before we go so we can have a whole new sense of what the ride is about!

Upvote 0

RickP330

Martin (Marni on this forum) makes the BEST and most outstanding tribute videos about attractions and areas around WDW. I highly recommend you head over to http://www.martinsvids.net and start watching right now! They are really a site to behold.

As far as pre-trip movies, I have made documentaries about three of my last 6 trips, two of them are with my sister (who is accompanying me this time as well) so we will probably watch those together to get pumped and laugh about silly inside jokes.
I don't usually watch Disney films before the trip, but this time I will watch movies that co-incide with dining plans on my upcoming trip. So that means I'll probably watch:
Lady and the Tramp (Tony's)
Beauty and the Beast (Be our guest restaurant)
Lilo and Stitch (just because I'll eat at the Kona Cafe)

I'll probably also watch "Cinderella" since I just got that on Blu-Ray over the holidays.

and I still need to see "Pete's Dragon." Elliot has always been my favorite float in the MSEP but I just haven't gotten around to watching the movie yet. This time I will!!!

Peter pan is my all time favorite. Nothing makes me feel more like a kid again then that movie - plus then the ride is a must. I didn't realize it by my DD asked me the other day (while watching pan) why is the little mermaid in the ride but not the movie?? LOL

I'll head over to Martin's site now Thanks!!!!

What does Lilo and Stitch have to do with the Kona Cafe?

RP

Upvote 0

Zipadeelady

We also start our movie marathon about 3 months before we go. Our must sees are Snow White, Lion King, BatB, and Monsters Inc. Crap I forgot Incredibles, Peter Pan, Toy Story and Emperiors New Groove. This year were going to have to add Tangled and Pirates. I better start now my trip is in 11 months :eek: Crap I forgot Up, Brave, Cinderella and Finding Nemo!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom