What are your first childhood memories of Disney?

DizneyPryncess

Crying endlessly beacuse IaSW was closed for refurb.

It's my mother's favorite ride and she talked about it endlessly and when we got to the gates and saw it was closed I was inconsolable.

I did eventually get to ride it, but not the next trip in 1994 either.... I had to wait until 2000.

That's so sad! :( Every little kid should get to ride then while in Disney. Ironically enough, one of my earlier memories is getting stuck on that ride. I remember screaming to be let off after enough time. I still can't ride it without thinking about that kind of torture. The song was in my head for days.

HeatherK

I went in the end of June / start of July in 1993 when I was 5. I remember being deathly afraid of the hitchhiking ghosts at HM. Growing up, it was the only thing I really remembered.

I also remember thinking the monorail and spaceship earth were the same ride.

The last thing I remember is being afraid to meet the Ninja Turtles. They were my idols growing up and I was too afraid to meet them. I was able to meet other characters, but in all the photos you can see my clutching on to my older sister who was 9 at the time.

LiveyMouse22

I don't remember my first childhood memory at WDW because it was only like a few months after I was born so...:lol:. I do, however, remember the many times I would enter one of the parks and be thinking how hard it was to believe that I was really there in such a magical and happy place and I still get that feeling everytime I go:).
:sohappy:

I went to Disney for the first time when I was a freshman in high school with my German teacher and about 30 other kids. We were only there for about 2 days but from there are 3 things that trip I remember from the trip. My teacher was taking pictures while on splash mountain and the rabbit "yelling" at her for it, getting into a donut fight at the hotel with the kids in the room next to ours, and waking up the Monday morning we were supposed to be going home and eating Mickey Mouse pancakes by the pool while thinking it must suck to be the kids sitting in class at that moment. Although that was my first trip, the memory that sticks out the most to me is from my second trip. It was the first "real trip" and with my fiance and his family. I remember walking into the Magic Kingdom and hearing the music play and seeing the castle and the warm, happy feeling I got. After 5 visits, I still feel the same way each time I step foot into the park.

cococola44

Wow diggin up the memories, eh?

I went for the first time in 1987. I was about.... 3. We state in St. Cloud. I remember the 25th anniv. celebration parade and the shows. The music i still remember and the ride i remember most was Horizon's. Because of the pineapple smell...crazy right?

I didn't realy start to remember a whole lot until 89. I was 5 and we went twice that year. One time at St Cloud and then...Drum roll..... POLY!!! :)

I remember traveling through Okeefenokee (sp?) swamp before heading to WDW for the first time. The next thing I can remember from that trip was watching the subs from 20,000 leagues...ahh, memories...:D

Disney-Nautifan

My first trip to Walt Disney World was in 1999, when I was 7 years old. I remember this as being the best time I went due to me being so young and amazed at the theme parks. My most cherished memories was being on the Skyway at the Magic Kingdom, which is now an extinct attraction. It was very high and quite scary, but the views from the bucket were mesmerising, shame I didn't take any photos. I am just glad I rode it. :)

My other most favourite memory was sitting at the dufunct 20'000 Leagues Under The Sea lagoon. The waters shimmered a beautiful blue, the delightful sound of the spalshing waterfalls at the caverns, and the glimpse of what was coral reefs and seaweed in the water if I so correctly remember. :sohappy:
Shame I never got to see the Nautilus submarines or the ride in operation. :(

Good memories indeed!!

My first visit was in 1992 and I was 8 years old. I remember almost my whole trip. We drove down from South Jersey and it took us 19 hours. We left Halloween day. We were all so excited. I remember goin on Horizons and smelling the oranges, I remember goin to the Polynesian for the hawiian luau that is probably one of my most memerable moments, It was awsome. Oh yea, and seeing Cinderellas castle for the first time and getting every characters autograph possible. I still have my autograph book...:)

eddiemcgarrigle

I never made my first visit to WDW until I was 18. I like it so much that next May will be my twelth visit, not bad considering I'm 5000 miles away and visits to Florida from Scotland isn't exactly cheap.

foreverbelle

Honestly....

The car ride down from northern virginia. Me stuck in the middle seat of a tiny ford topaz because i lost out in the who gets to have the window view straw.
(Side note I always lost out. UMHMMM:mad:)

That is until
we discovered i get car sick...:hurl:

and then the window seat was all mine....:lol::lol::lol:

rlaeromech

Looking at the rockets in tomorrowland from the ground. They were like 5 gazillion feet in the air and there was NO way I was going to ride them.

I was 4, 1979.

Cynderella

I think the first time I went was 1989 which made me 6. I remember we stayed at the Disney Inn which had the Mickey head pool. I remember eating at Chef Mickey's when it was at Downtown Disney. I still have the red cup I got there with some sort of special drink. I remember I was terrified of Haunted Mansion - and I still dont like it very much today :D. I was also afraid of the Skyway because I'm terrified of heights. Its also when I fell in love with the Peter Pan ride and I absolutely must do it every trip no matter what! We never got to do 20000 Leagues because the line was always 2 hours + and my parents didnt want to wait with 3 kids under 6 - and I dont blame them!

look1angel

My first memory of Disney World was sitting in front of the TV back in October 1971. I was 2 weeks shy of being 11. I was completely mesmorized by all the excitement going on the day of the Grand Opening & wanting so much to be there among all those lucky kids. I grew up pretty poor (my dad left us & my little brother had just died from MD complications) I recall thinking how I would never, ever be able to vacation at Disney & only "rich" kids could go there. I daydreamed for days wishing I could go there. It was a very sad & empty feeling.

I made my first trip at the age of 31 with all three of my young children. I remember seeing the Castle from the Mono rail for the first time & getting a lump in my throat. As I came upon Main St. now staring directly at the Castle, it was there I cried & remembered the poor kid in front of the TV 20 years ago. It was truely one of the most happiest moments in my life.

I've been back to Disney now many times while my children were gowing up & became a DVC member back in Dec 08. My youngest is 23 & still goes to Disney with me & her step-dad. I am rich in blessings now & I thank God everyday. I can't imagine a better place to be.

TxNewsies

My favorite Childhood memory at Walt Disney World was from my very first trip back in 1986 when I was 8 years old. I kept thinking I was NEVER going to meet one of the characters. Towards the end of our trip, we happen to run into Goofy all by himself! I was simply ecstatic! Made my trip!

goofy.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom