What are your favorite things to do at Epcot's World Showcase?

islandbeachnut

ssidiouss@mac.c said:
:)
Our favorite things are :

Mexico - I love being inside the big pyramid.. the feeling that your outside altho your inside is cool.. and the fountain is lit up awesomely. The restuarant inside is also cool to see but they dont have the best food.

Germany - I like everything Ive seen in germany.. the little shops.. the way the buildings look.. the BIERGARTEN!! MMM :)

I'm just the opposite of you, I LOVE the San Angel Inn & the food and I think that Germany has a beautiful pavilion, but not the best food. IMO!!

stuart

If only i was 21 (im only 18) and i would be able to sit back while enjoying a pint of Tennents....that would be good.....until such time it will be cokes especially free ones ;).

I only did it once and it is kinda gross because you don't know who has done it before you. Find a piece of headgear merch in each country and take a picture. We were dumb them.

lawyergirl77

One of my all-time favourite afternoons at WDW involved going around WS, eating and/or drinking a small something at every pavillion. It was surprisingly relaxing and so much fun!!! It's one of the things that makes WS so special to me - the ability to just meander and poke your head into exquisitely themed nooks and crannies.

Highland_Holly

stuart said:
Oh yeah, what i never said before, the fish nd chips are great too...just need some good ol' HP brown sauce for them. And the official (soft) drink of Scotland - Irn Bru. Little bit of trivia, Scotland is the only country in the worl where the number 1. soft drink is not coca-cola or pepsi. Its Irn-Bru a sorta orangeade thing. Available at 'Scotch Corner' in Kissimmee

Irn-Bru... made in Scotland from girders! Love the stuff! I have some in the fridge right now... and some HP as well! You are right... the food at UK Pavillion (Rose & Crown in particular) is great! I like making a late dinner reservation there and watching fireworks from the patio... a wonderfully "Epcot" experience. If we can't get late reservations there we do the fish & chips thing for lunch and then get goodies from the Boulangerie Patisserie in France and eat dinner along the water to view the fireworks. :cool:

Nice to meet a Scot...

Holly

Simba One

Globe Girl said:
Personally I love getting fish and chips at Harry Ramsden's and eating them in the garden behind the UK pavillion. It is usually very peaceful and a nice place to eat out away from the crowds. Also, I enjoy watching the World Showcase Players. They are always so much fun. :lol:

By the way, this is my first official post. I am a long time Disney freak and a long time faithful reader of these forums. I am really looking forward to being a part of them! :)
Welcome to the boards, Globe Girl!

BTW, if you go back to the UK garden, beware of the killer squirrel. Don't say I didn't warn you. :lookaroun

Epcot82Guy

Count me in as a WS Fan. I used to hate it when I was a kid (except for American Adventure and El Rio del Tiempo). However, I have come around. I've also noticed that I go back and forth as to where my favorite spots are. Each pavilion has some great spots. Epcot is just an amazing place across the board. I really don't like the people, though, that comment on details being changed for creative license. If you want reality, don't go to WDW I guess! :animwink:

Sapphire

Id have to say that my fav thing at EPCOT is the Food n Wine festival. There are so many of the dishes that I look forward to every year....the watermellon juice and tacos in mexico, the wiskey flan, peanut chicken, cous cous and hummus, beef stroganoff, cheddar cheese soup, maple fudge....just to name a few :slurp: not to mention all the specialty beers and wines....is it October yet??

Although this year, I believe that it runs from the end of Sept thru the begining of Nov...

My goal this year is to attend the "Party for the Senses" dinner...has anyone here done that before??

bgraham34

My favorite thing is grab a margharita from Mexico and go on the ride there. Next Hit Norway for that right. Then Germany for a beer shot and pretzel. Next France for a crepe and onto England for a Quinness.

My favorite is the Food & Wine Festival that is held each Fall. In addition to the Pavillions, you have 25 or so kiosks throughout WS that you can try yummy foods, as well as wines from that country. But, don't plan on doing all countries in one day, nobody's stomach is that big!! LOL!

Epcot82Guy

MickeysMagic said:
My favorite is the Food & Wine Festival that is held each Fall. In addition to the Pavillions, you have 25 or so kiosks throughout WS that you can try yummy foods, as well as wines from that country. But, don't plan on doing all countries in one day, nobody's stomach is that big!! LOL!

Ditto to that! F&W is great. It also adds such a kinetic energy to the WS promenade. Also, it seems to just get better and better with little touches added every year.

DisneyFreak529

The whole thing!! My husband is a really big fan of Epcot, it's his favorite park!

He loves to see each country and he loves to collect things each country. Every year it's something different buttons, flags, you name he has it!! Even when he was younger!!!

dixiegirl

donaldfan said:
IllumiNations!!

followed by "drinking around the world" -- such a relaxing day!
yes i love that too!! and eating around the world as well pretzels in germany,,,kaykigore (or however you spell it) in china...

Miss Bell

Funny, I was just talking about this to my husband the other day. I love being in the World Showcase in the time just before sunset. There is something about the quality of light at that time of day that is so beautiful. Then you stake out a place for Illuminations, ahh, heaven!

disney_nutter

Love going to the american adventure and listening to the voices of liberty and also going to the tea room in the uk and picking up my golden wonder crips and also xxx mints.

MiamiSpartan

Eating of course! I love the lunch buffets at Norway and Germany. I also like dining in Morrocco. Getting a little Lemoncelo in Italy is a must. For a nice rest, I like sitting on the park benches behind the Great Britain showplace. Last time we were there, they had a Beatles tribute band playing. They were actually pretty good.

S_Grise

Epcot is my fav. too. I adore the WS. Some of my favorite things that I didn't see anyone post are:
1. Taking pictures with the big trolls in Norway.
2. The wine flights in Germany.
3. The lazy stroll out of the emptying park after Illuminations. Especially looking back over the water as you cross the bridge out of the WS...sigh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom