What are your favorite things to do at Epcot's World Showcase?

stuart

Well being from Scotland one of ma favourite things is obviously hanging around the UK area. What was great last year was that i managed to get a free coke cos i had been waiting a while :sohappy: . What else? Oh yeah the bar maids, especially the Scottish ones lol, more chance with them :animwink: . Oh and yeah its one of the best places for sitting watching illuminations, drinks right there for you, and great place to meet folk, especially from back home. I think you can see a pattern emerging here.

And of course Canada where there is O'Canada - always great to look back and see what Cnada was like in 1981/2 lol. And of course Off Kilter...brilliant and have been every year we've been there. Cant wait till we get back!

CAPTAIN HOOK

Globe Girl said:
By the way, this is my first official post. I am a long time Disney freak and a long time faithful reader of these forums. I am really looking forward to being a part of them! :)
Welcome on board :wave:
Globe Girl said:
Personally I love getting fish and chips at Harry Ramsden's
Me too :slurp:

Zed

Fish n Chips at UK, The American Adventure, the Reflections of China Circle-Vision 360 movie in China, El Rio del Tiempo in Mexico, Maelstrom in Norway,the model rairoad/garden at Germany,and sitting a little off the path, under the shade of the big trees at the International Gateway and people watching.

s2jrston

I like to enter through International Gateway about 11:30 and stroll over to Chefs de France for lunch, walk it off counter-clockwise around WS, enjoying the breeze off the water and staying in the shade. I'll almost always have a camera and take lots of pictures. I'll make a point to see the slower paced shows and try to relax as much as possible. I like to pace myself while in WS so that I can hang around till Illuminations or whatever show is being presented as the finale. I ounce saw some of the nutcracker performed in a veil of mist and was moved to tears.

-s2jrston

Bachy

i may just be bias but i love the view from the seats by the pub in the UK, overlooking the lake in the middle. Sitting there in the evening, a couple of hours before illuminations, when the suns setting is just nice! Also the UK looks immaculately clean, thats how you know it must be disney! ha ha!

LMW

I love the British Invasion (beatles cover band)! It amazes me how good they are! I also look forward every year to eating at the Japanese steak house and then walking over to Mexico and getting a fiesta margarita to enjoy during Illuminations.

PrtyPlnnrJC101

Just went to Epcot this past Thursday and it had been a good 6 or 7 years since I had been last. I'd have to say my favorite part was the Voices of Liberty show. They are all AMAZINGLY talented vocalists. I had chills throughout the entire show, and the acoustics in that building make it even more magical.

stuart

Oh yeah, what i never said before, the fish nd chips are great too...just need some good ol' HP brown sauce for them. And the official (soft) drink of Scotland - Irn Bru. Little bit of trivia, Scotland is the only country in the worl where the number 1. soft drink is not coca-cola or pepsi. Its Irn-Bru a sorta orangeade thing. Available at 'Scotch Corner' in Kissimmee

polynesiangirl

We spend more time in the Japan store (Mitsukoshi) than anywhere else usually, but we love all of World Showcase. The French bakery is legend in my family and so we always, always have to stop there at least once (we like to pick up food there for breakfast, as they have excellent bread.) I love champagne so I usually get a glass while we're in the France area too.

Mexico is great, and we love the ride because it's so wonderfully cheesy. We've also eaten at San Angel Inn several times now and we've been pleasantly surprised every time.

EpcotGrl

The Maelstrom is the "Oh, I'm at Epcot!" moment for me...have to do it every time.

Exploring the Museum and Fez House at Morocco; it's very calm and lovely and hardly anyone notices that you can go inside :)

Taking a well-deserved break behind Canada, getting cooled down by the mist off the waterfall...just lovely

The trains at Germany. I have the greatest series of pictures from when a pigeon landed in the set-up and made it look like an old horror movie...we made up dialog and everything! :animwink:

tazhughes

I love the Mexico pavilion as well, I know the boat ride is not a favorite of most but I ride it several times every trip. That whole pavilion is Disney Imagineering at it's best, you really feel like you are immersed in the country. I enjoy the Maelstrom as well, but one thing we did last time for the 1st time was the cathedral at the front of the Norway pavilion, I always thought it was just for architecture, but inside there is information on that type of cathedral in Norway and the history of those cathedrals, it was really nice. Nine Dragons used to be a must do for me every trip but the quality fo their food has gone down hill a bit. American Adventure is an absolute must several times per trip and the performances before the show (either American Vybe or Voices of Liberty) are phenomenal. The Japanese pavilion is beautiful as well and I love to walk around the museum in the back there is always something interesting on display. The oysters with pearls that you were looking for are in the shop on the ground level. This pavilion also offers some of the best food. I love to just walk around the Morroco pavilion you feel like you have been immersed in the streets and there is definitely a sense of escapism there.

JROK

I too suggest seeing American Adventure if you haven't yet... it's one of the jewels in EPCOT... and I also enjoy pin trading from country to country... and playing with the diabolos and flowersticks in China... gotta love EPCOT...

Spaceship_Rob

Best Epcot World Showcase experience

Epcot is my favorite Disney park. I think that the World Showcase is the best of Epcot.

My wife and I were there this past Thursday. We had a wonderful time exploring both Future World and the World Showcase. We'd just finished a delicious sushi dinner in Japan and had fun watching Illuminations! from the Japan pavilion. We took our time and walked over to Morocco as the crowds thinned out.

I've always liked the theming of Morocco, how once you make that first turn away from the main sidewalk, you're immersed in the architecture. Most other pavilions you can see the main walk from most points inside. This for me is a great example of how moving a couple of feet can make a huge difference in my perception.

We went into the museum and Fez house, which to me always smells of almonds. It's a good, sweet smell that always hits home. For the first 15 minutes or so, people would poke their heads into the building, but after Epcot had emptied out, it was quiet. We sat on the fountain and just stayed in the moment. We could hear clearly the background sounds of the house, the people talking, water running, etc.

We stayed there probably 30 minutes. It was amazing how quiet and peaceful it was. We didn't talk, didn't discuss all the hundred and one things that fill the normal day. We just sat and held hands. If I could, I'd capture one of those moments forever.

AndreainNY

EAT - all countries!!

DRINK - All....well....almost all - can't say I am a fan of plum wine....countries!!

SHOP - all countries!!!

Illuminations!

I think that about covers it!

TheDisneyGirl02

I love just walking around the world! Stopping in the different shops and the two rides in Norway and Mexico. I must say I really enjoy Epcot, it has to be my second favorite park behind the MK.

TheDisneyGirl02

Tara Mae

What I like to do at World Showcase:

Eat at the Yakitori House, get funnel cake and go sit in the theater and watch the show *whatever it may be*, that little Chinese eatery, fish and chips...oh, drool...American Adventure, Maelstrom, El Rio del Tiemp, Maelstrom again....the Canada show, walk through the shops, watch the shows, such as the Krystos, the Off Kilter, the statues *which are no longer there*....'family fun'!

diveteam

I would say the Maelstrom at Norway, followed my Mexico and China (to be honest I enjoy all the countries :lol: ).

Mark

SirGoofy

I have to eat at either China or Italy, or sometimes both :slurp:. I also have to go on Maelstrom and El Rio del Tiempo at least once. But my favorite thing in WS is American Adventure. It gives me goosebumps every time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom