What are your favorite things to do at Epcot's World Showcase?

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
After planning my next disney trip I noticed that we are spending more time in Epcot than any of the other parks.. we just love it :)

Our favorite things are :

Mexico - I love being inside the big pyramid.. the feeling that your outside altho your inside is cool.. and the fountain is lit up awesomely. The restuarant inside is also cool to see but they dont have the best food.

El Rio De Tiempo - the boatride in mexico I like alot.. i like how its kind of tucked away inside that pyramid and you look up at the people eating dinner.. and the lighting effects in that last area are so awesome.. oh and also the song somehow gets stuck in my head lol.

Germany - I like everything Ive seen in germany.. the little shops.. the way the buildings look.. the BIERGARTEN!! MMM :)

But... thats about it for my world showcase hotspots.. I was interested in what everyone else looks forward to there.. so I can add some ideas to our plans of what not to miss :) For example my wife read somewhere that in France has these good "fruit tarts" that she wants to try somewhere in the pavilion.

Oh.. and I read on some website that Japan has a spot that sells little oyesters with pearls in them that u can buy?

tnemgif

The Norway ride (Maelstrom, I know I didn't spell that right...) and the whole France pavilion including the Chefs de France restaurant:slurp:

ballewclan

I definenty stand for hours in germany (i think) watching the miniature railroad and looking at all the details :D Oh and also the restaurant in Italy is amazing...:slurp:

tink38

The Pub at the UK has a very good atmosphere. There is a bar maid there named Anne. She has waited on us since our honeymoon in 1989. She's the best! I don't really like beer, but DH loves the Bass Ale and Guiness Stout. (Again the spelling).

The Japanese Pavillion is good for sushi and saki (cold and hot). We had a great time there in "03. You can get appetizers there that are fabulous and the atmosphere and service are great!

Globe Girl

Personally I love getting fish and chips at Harry Ramsden's and eating them in the garden behind the UK pavillion. It is usually very peaceful and a nice place to eat out away from the crowds. Also, I enjoy watching the World Showcase Players. They are always so much fun. :lol:

I have been the Japanese pavillion and seen the oysters. It is really neat. They let you pick one and they shell it right in front of you and you can use that pearl to make a necklace or get two and make earrings. My sisters each got a necklace and they are really neat.

By the way, this is my first official post. I am a long time Disney freak and a long time faithful reader of these forums. I am really looking forward to being a part of them! :)

WeLComeHomE OKW

the world showcase is definately one of the coolest places in WDW, i have actually a pretty good amt of favorite places that ive explored over the years:

Mexico: I love the restaurant and the entire authentic atmosphere, the rides kinda weak....but everyone has their favorites

China: I love the restaurant Nine Dragons (i think its called), its delicious but alil pricey...but overall a great dining experience! (especially the repetitive music played in the background)

Norway: You gotta love the little string of shops in Norway as well as the Maelstrom ride or however u spell it. that ride has always been a disney classic for me (it even got fast pass for a while, does it now?)

Japan: I just love everything about Japan...their shows are awesome, the shop is crazy cool with pearls, awesome candy, a candy designer, the drum thing is awesome, they have interesting exhibits and the upstairs restaurant is always a cool way to end an evening (the one where they cook in front of you)

America: American Vybe or Epcot Vybe!!! Whatever its called these days, they are one of the highlights of my trips there. Up beat and great voices...they sing all the big songs in american history. even though i loved them more when they sang a cappella, they are still awesome. the show inside america is a great sleeping spot

UK: I love the band.

Canada: Also has a great restaurant and the Kilts band is awesome! U gotta luv 'em.

Thats all i can remember right now...i think i covered mostly everything but u gotta love Epcot...the world showcase also has alot of cool character events that are fun for the kids, and appropriate meet and greets for characters that could be from the different areas (which i loved as a kid)

Garrett

DisneyMarg

Globe Girl said:
Personally I love getting fish and chips at Harry Ramsden's and eating them in the garden behind the UK pavillion. It is usually very peaceful and a nice place to eat out away from the crowds. Also, I enjoy watching the World Showcase Players. They are always so much fun. :lol:

I have been the Japanese pavillion and seen the oysters. It is really neat. They let you pick one and they shell it right in front of you and you can use that pearl to make a necklace or get two and make earrings. My sisters each got a necklace and they are really neat.

By the way, this is my first official post. I am a long time Disney freak and a long time faithful reader of these forums. I am really looking forward to being a part of them! :)

Welcome to the boards, Globe Girl!

surfsupdon

Two things:

1) Slipping into World Showcase from the back (from Yacht Club) in my bathing suit and just heading to my favorite country for lunch, then heading back to the pool.

2) Being in Japan for the video dance party and awe inspiring New Years Eve Fireworks.

dvcnut39

I really enjoy walking through each country. My favorites are Japan, Mexico, and Norway. My wife loves going through the Hummell shop in Germany. She still wants me to get her one of the $27,000 ones. Finally, you can't beat Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. What a way to end a perfect day.

1disneydood

Slamming down several 1/2 yards before watching illuminations.

Talking to the "nice" CM's in Norway and UK. :slurp:

Shopping for things for my home which I can't buy anywhere else. I mean really really shopping for hours at the pavilions. Mexico, China, and Japan are my favorite shopping stops but Every pavilion has great goodies.

Refining my picture taking skills during the day by snapping thousands(2 gigs) of pics.

wdwmarly

Our recent trend is to take a plush Disney character and having a cast member take a picture with it in every country. :)

It's great to see their reactions and the poses they make!

BSikor

Take it easy

I love to just take it easy. Sometimes start a conversation with one of the exchange students. As a local, when you become "of age" its a tradition of sorts to go "Drinking around the world". Now my wife and I relaxe.

<b><u>Must do's:</b></u>
Yakitori House - Shogun Combo, Shrimp Udon, Salad
Kaki Gori snowcone in Japan
Take a stroll through Mitsukoshi
Napoleon, Chocolate Mousse, Proviviet or Coconut Pyramid at the French Pasticcerie
A glass of Bourdeaux and a glass of Vouvray

<b><u>Sometime Do's:</b></u>
Walk around Mexico.
Get a little bite in China
Get a sausage and kraut in Germany.
Go for lunch in Alfredo's
Two words: Funnel Cake
Stop for a bite at the Tangerine Cafe in Morocco
Lunch at Les Chefs de France

tracyandalex

i love shopping in every country. every time we go i try to get a little trinket from each country to remind me. we love watching the shows, i know it's kornie, but we pretend we are taking mini vacations in each country. of course our absolute favorite is deciding which restruant to eat in. :dazzle:

Sledge

Account Suspended
When I think of "the Norway ride" I never think of Maelstrom. :zipit: I apologize.

In WS the only things we ever spend time at is Norway and Mexico. Everything else is kind of boring to us.

MommytoMJM

My faves are:

Everything at the America pavillion (Especially the Voices of Liberty)
Chinese Acrobats
Taiko Drummers and food in Japan

Number_6

wdwmarly said:
Our recent trend is to take a plush Disney character and having a cast member take a picture with it in every country. :)

It's great to see their reactions and the poses they make!

I have a friend that lives down here and he loves all things flamingo. To that extent, he brings a bag with him to the parks whenever he goes and in that bag is a plastic pink lawn flamingo which he photographs in various locations. Also, if he ever gets his photo with a character, he takes the flamingo out, or when he meets up with friends for the first time, he makes sure they all get their pictures with the flamingo. It's really funny. It actually got him tickets to a football game from the ESPN club once. They said whoever does the craziest thing would get the tickets. He told them he would pull a pink plastic lawn flamingo out of his bag. They thought he was joking. When he produced the flamingo, they just started laughing and handed the tickets to him. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom