what are the chances Disney continues to invest WDW post 2022 to correct the deficiencies in the build out of the parks?

jaxonp

Ye
Wait until you see the attendance numbers for 2020. I think you will change you mind when you see how many people go to HS.

Numbers will go up but just as many people that will come to Star Wars will likely venture to the other parks increasing there numbers as well.

MaximumEd

I think they will build a 5th gate at some point. They have the land and it’s a safe bet that they can make a buck or two off it. As Universal continues to expand, they’ll answer. Just a question of when and to what extent.

capsshield

Each park needs to have a flow of new things coming to excite the guest to return and see what they missed. If the parks stagger the attractions / Rides then there is always something new for next and a lot of new every five years. At the rate Disney builds the costs to do this a pretty small, but the rewards are great.

Disney is in a much better place today than ten years ago, however they now have serious competition they didn't have 15 years ago.
I suspect you will see a small attraction / ride, and or a big attraction every year in at least 1 of the 3 of the parks.

The magic Kingdom will continue to need expansion because everyone wants to go there. These expansions will take longer and probably involve a people eater or two in addition to any E ticket type rides. Picture an Adventureland or Frontierland expansion similar in scope to the new Fantasyland both in time and costs about every 5-7 years and these expansions should run separate from the work done at the other three parks.

As for a fifth gate I guarantee it would be on the way already if they had the park rights in Florida to the Marvel IP "A" level characters.
Disney could easily fill half a park or more with themed lands featuring Wakanda, Latveria, Atlantis, Asguard, Attillian, and more.

A fifth gate means more hotels, restaurants, and time shares to sell.

Over the next 20 or so years I see 2 to 3 major MK expansions with about 4 big attraction and 4 small attractions for each of the other 3 parks and a fifth gate

The other parks will become MK 2, MK3, and MK4

bhg469

Disney has homogenized their 4 Florida parks so much, I don't even know what a 5th would be like at this point.

Unless they continue Eisner's legacy of copying the competition and build Disney Sea World.
I would expect them to copy their own Disney sea but I agree completely.

joshjoned

Maybe but I would argue Disney needs all the Parks as busy as MK in the future to meet the ever increase profit goals. I want them to do it for different reasons.:cool:

Disney doesn't want it's other 3 parks in Florida as busy as MK. Had they did, they could easily make it that way. There's a reason why they specifically have MK open the latest mostly every day, and have numerous attendance gimmicks like the Halloween and Christmas parties to inflate attendance.

That said, I see the attendance numbers becoming closer once everything in the other 3 parks is all done, but Disney will make sure MK remains it's "leader" in Florida.

Jayhawker

5th gate and another water park, monorail expansion to each confirmed!!

I know this would never happen for many reasons, but I wish the 5th gate would be DisneySea or something like it. That park just looks amazing. I have never visited Tokyo DisneySea or Japan for that matter, but from what I have seen and heard that park is absolutely unbelievable!

What theme do you believe the 5th gate will have? I know it may not be built for a long time (if ever), but does anyone have any ideas or wishes?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Disney doesn't want it's other 3 parks in Florida as busy as MK. Had they did, they could easily make it that way. There's a reason why they specifically have MK open the latest mostly every day, and have numerous attendance gimmicks like the Halloween and Christmas parties to inflate attendance.

That said, I see the attendance numbers becoming closer once everything in the other 3 parks is all done, but Disney will make sure MK remains it's "leader" in Florida.

I don't buy that at all. MK is the busiest park because it is the castle park. To a lot of the general public, MK is "Disney World", it's park everyone wants to go to. MK is open late, because it is the most popular park, it is no popular because it's open late. The parks have significant fixed operating costs, so the closer to capacity they operate them, the more profitable they will be.

Dunston

I would not want to see an entire new WDW park built under Chapek's supervision. I can't imagine he would approve a park with a unifying theme like Epcot, DisneySea, or Animal Kingdom, because none of those parks' overall theme is an intellectual property, or just a bunch of themed lands based on franchises.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom