What are some "Traditions" Your Family has when you go on a Disney Vacation?

TARDIS

At magic kingdom we always get dole whip and go to a certain spot to watch the afternoon parade, we also now always have dinner at Be our Guest since opening.Epcot we run to club cool and choke down a Beverly first thing when we get there. At animal kingdom our first ride is always on the safari no exceptions lol.

KraftServices

It's sort of a tradition that we ALWAYS have to wait for my mom to use the restroom as soon as we get to the front of Epcot. I don't know what it is, she never has that issue with the other parks, Epcot just always makes her need to go.

And it WAS a tradition for me to get a chocolate croissant from the Electric Umbrella at some point before leaving for the World Showcase.

We also always have to go on Thunder Mountain at night. We can go during the day too, but we HAVE to go on at night.

Also we have a tradition of referring to every fountain as "an upside down waterfall" after overhearing a confused teenager once like 14 years ago.

disneysince71

As DVC members we are lucky enough to go a a few times a year.
Our kids are almost grown but DIsney week they all get to feel like kids again and be together as a family.
Our tradition is togetherness and love. Great thread.

PaulaT

my girls are 14/12 and have been about 28times. This tradition started on or about their 4th trip, we were with other people and my girls wanted to try to pull the sword in the stone at MK, the boys in the group went first then my oldest. She pulled it up!!! Now every time we go she has to back and try to pull it and we take her picture trying (of course she has never done it again) but seeing her growing pictures over the years if fun

Doug Means

the closest thing to traditions we have...we MUST and i say MUST eat at O'Hana's, me and my daughter have started a certain photo remake in HS(MGM), and every trip we try at least one sit down dining that we have never done before. Other than that it's a great tradition to just relax and take it all in, we love it!

Todd H

Only real tradition we have is we always eat at a particular Shoney's on Interstate 75 for breakfast the morning we leave for Orlando. We fill up on the breakfast buffet so that we don't have to stop for lunch before we get to Orlando.

TARDIS

Club Cool has been a part of each of our trips too. What is it about Beverly? :confused: It's that weird thing where someone tells you something tastes terrible, and then you try it anyway!
I know right? But we have to do it one at at time so we can laugh at each others faces, maybe that's why lol.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Only real tradition we have is we always eat at a particular Shoney's on Interstate 75 for breakfast the morning we leave for Orlando. We fill up on the breakfast buffet so that we don't have to stop for lunch before we get to Orlando.

Ah Shoney's, when I was a kid that was the restaurant we would usually stop at on our road trips to Disney. Good memories! I enjoyed the child's portion of spaghetti many times. :)

bh_trade

We typically go to the parks every other year (last visit was 2013 however) but now with a high school junior and freshman, maybe 1-2 more family Disney trips are all we have left. Finding myself reminiscing about trips from a somewhat younger era, so today I created an account just to post in this thread and the following is our tradition . . .

We always get park hopper passes and do a day where we start out at Epcot, spending the majority of the day there until just before Illuminations, then grab a late bite to eat at the quick service area in the Land pavilion. Once Illuminations begins, we head to WDW via monorail, typically arriving right about the time the electrical parade begins. We then make our way through the parade crowd and try to hit Pirates, Splash Mtn, Big Thunder, and Haunted Mansion when wait times are somewhat minimal due to the parade. By the time we finish those, the crowds have thinned noticeably so then we head to Haunted Mansion and eventually Space Mtn., afterwards fitting in whatever else we could prior to WDW closing for the night. Was it exhausting? yes, but man do I have fond memories of those park hopper days!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
First night - Head over to Disney Springs to watch a movie and eat dinner in one of their Dine in theatres

When entering MK for the first time, head straight for the Emporium (my daughter is slowly turning her kitchen into a Disney kitchen)

Epcot - MouseGear for the same reason as Emporium

Last night - beer and bread pudding at Raglan Road, with an entree in between ;)

Morning we leave - breakfast at Whispering Canyons. Gotta have the skillet! We've visited Uni and stopped at Whispering Canyons for breakfast on our way home. If by chance we're staying at GF, then the GF Cafe for some pancakes.

Oh, and at least one hot dog at Casey's. I've jumped on the boat from WL to MK just to get a dog at Casey's.....

And of course, this:

MickeyIceCreamBar_MainStreetUSA_15-005.jpg

Attachments

• MickeyIceCreamBar_MainStreetUSA_15-005.jpg
    MickeyIceCreamBar_MainStreetUSA_15-005.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 23

danyoung56

Once Illuminations begins, we head to WDW via monorail, typically arriving right about the time the electrical parade begins.

Hey there, thanks for joining and posting. One little quibble - Epcot is a part of WDW. I think you meant to say that you headed to the Magic Kingdom via monorail.

Diesel Dan

We always have dinner at Trails End after We arrive at WDW. We always go to Magic Kingdom our last day. Every visit to Animal Kingdom we eat at Flame Tree. Always eat at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot. Can't walk by Mexico without buying a Margarita.

Sans Souci

First night is a stroll to Epcot for dinner at Tangierine Cafe and watching Illuminations.

Somewhere in there is a breakfast at Captain's Grille and a dinner at Flying Fish.

And I always get a citrus swirl.

Susan Savia

Our first day is always Epcot and upon entering the park we stop for a picture in front of our Leave a Legacy photo, then its on to Test Track, then Energy. We have lunch at Liberty Inn in World Showcase, catch the British group in the UK area, check out Mouse Gear and ride Spaceship Earth. Our last day is similar, but we stop in the Japan store so I can pick-a-pearl.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom