What are Florida's Covid restrictions in relation to attractions?

Chi84

Premium Member
I think this is primarily a Disney news site. Not only are news stories only published when they can be verified but there are also a number of posters who have proven to have trustworthy sources for breaking stories.

Of course planning trips is behind many of the threads but I don’t see it as a planning site primarily, like for example Touring Plans.

As for what brings people here, or rather keeps people here, when they no longer visit.. well perhaps a love of Disney parks? Not everyone has the means or opportunity to go often. And even those who have decided that visiting the parks are no longer for them can still have an enduring love of Disney.

There is also the community aspect of the site. People may take a break and return to the forum. Or simply hang out because they have built up friendships over many years of posting.
That makes sense. If I weren't interested in taking frequent trips, I probably wouldn't be following/posting on a Disney website - even the general social and political stuff - but people are different.

nickys

Premium Member
That makes sense. If I weren't interested in taking frequent trips, I probably wouldn't be following/posting on a Disney website - even the general social and political stuff - but people are different.
I follow sites on winter sports without ever intending to actually take part. Not that I wouldn’t like to be able to give it a try but it’s somewhat unrealistic for me to go ski jumping. 😉

nickys

Premium Member
The jumping is easy....
The landing is hard.....
Actually I think you could argue the landing is easy - I mean you know you will land. Just not safely. And it would be letting go of the bar that would be the hardest impossible part.

To be honest I would love to get some cross country skis on. But I’ll settle for going back to Norway and just watching the experts in all disciplines. I’d be too embarrassed to try it there though, the 2 year olds would be faster than me. 😁

correcaminos

No.

Kingdom Konsultants are a site sponsor.

Maybe you’re thinking of the DIS? That’s run by a travel agency.
Not quite. Their travel agency was an offshoot of it being a planning forum first. The travel agency is intermingled (site and TA owner is one and the same) but does not run the site and didn't exist until quite a few years after the discussion forum was created.

I do view this as a planning site first before info. YMMV

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not quite. Their travel agency was an offshoot of it being a planning forum first. The travel agency is intermingled (site and TA owner is one and the same) but does not run the site and didn't exist until quite a few years after the discussion forum was created.

I do view this as a planning site first before info. YMMV
Yeah...no. The site owner and the owner of Kingdom Konsultants do not even reside in the same country.

correcaminos

Yeah...no. The site owner and the owner of Kingdom Konsultants do not even reside in the same country.
I was talking about the DISboards, not this site and the sponsor. I was there at the early days of the DIS and ages ago supported Dreams Unlimited when they were run by administrators and mods of the site even lol They are both owned by the same person, like him or not.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I was talking about the DISboards, not this site and the sponsor. I was there at the early days of the DIS and ages ago supported Dreams Unlimited when they were run by administrators and mods of the site even lol They are both owned by the same person, like him or not.

Pete and John own Dreams, The Dis is just Pete.

jeanericuser001

There is one type of theme park you can go to with no masks. Water parks. The decorum with water parks is different than most other theme parks. You must wear a mask when entering the water park as well as any of the enclosed buildings but when you are at the water rides you are actually prohibited from wearing masks. There is social distancing though as well as temperature checks prior to entering the park. Currently Sea World Aquatica is the only open water park that is accessible until march. As for the water in the water park, it is heated to some extent but not significantly heated so make certain you go on a day when the weather is particularly warm or you may be in for a temperature shock as soon as you get wet. My suggestion is bring a towel with you then set it at a safe spot then go on the ride. Then you can after each ride use the towel to dry off and warm up. I myself have already gone once to aquatica this year and I can confirm they are indeed open. As for attendance, its quite minimal though you may want to come to the park after 12 as the park doesn't open all attractions until that time. As for what will happen after march start, disney will have blizzard beach open but likely it will have similar restrictions as will Busch Garden's Adventure Island.

Last edited:

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
There is one type of theme park you can go to with no masks. Water parks. The decorum with water parks is different than most other theme parks. You must wear a mask when entering the water park as well as any of the enclosed buildings but when you are at the water rides you are actually prohibited from wearing masks. There is social distancing though as well as temperature checks prior to entering the park. Currently Sea World Aquatica is the only open water park that is accessible until march. As for the water in the water park, it is heated to some extent but not significantly heated so make certain you go on a day when the weather is particularly warm or you may be in for a temperature shock as soon as you get wet. My suggestion is bring a towel with you then set it at a safe spot then go on the ride. Then you can after each ride use the towel to dry off and warm up. I myself have already gone once to aquatica this year and I can confirm they are indeed open. As for attendance, its quite minimal though you may want to come to the park after 12 as the park doesn't open all attractions until that time. As for what will happen after march start, disney will have blizzard beach open but likely it will have similar restrictions as will Busch Garden's Adventure Island.

It has been three years since I have been to Florida.............but I suppose I am missing something, did Busch Gardens open up a water park?

jeanericuser001

It has been three years since I have been to Florida.............but I suppose I am missing something, did Busch Gardens open up a water park?
The Adventure island water park has actually been around for decades. They constantly keep evolving the park so each new generation its a different park. Sea world has aquatica which is a bit newer but still a fairly decent park.

nickys

Premium Member
Is the site sponsor, Kingdom Konsultants a travel agency?
They’re one of the site sponsors, they sponsor the Resort forum oddly enough 😉, and the DCL forum. And yes they are a travel agency.

Other site sponsors are not travel agencies. Like DVC Resale Market. You can click on the links under the forum name.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
1. Since when is it abnormal on this board to ask Florida residents for some tips on things before you decide if it is worthwhile to book a trip to Central Florida?
2. Since you seem to live there, do you have any idea when Orange County is going to remove all of their restrictions?

It's not abnormal to ask Florida residents for helpful tips but honestly it seems that all you're worried about is whether or not the mask restrictions are gonna be lifted. They aren't going to stop with the masks because you apparently don't want to wear one in public.

cmwade77

It's not abnormal to ask Florida residents for helpful tips but honestly it seems that all you're worried about is whether or not the mask restrictions are gonna be lifted. They aren't going to stop with the masks because you apparently don't want to wear one in public.
My guess is Disney will keep it as a requirement until at least the end of this year for masks to be worn. I hope to be proven wrong, but that is my guess. I think other theme parks, especially outside of Florida and California may remove mask requirements sooner.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
My guess is Disney will keep it as a requirement until at least the end of this year for masks to be worn. I hope to be proven wrong, but that is my guess. I think other theme parks, especially outside of Florida and California may remove mask requirements sooner.
You mean like Disneyland ?

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
The Adventure island water park has actually been around for decades. They constantly keep evolving the park so each new generation its a different park. Sea world has aquatica which is a bit newer but still a fairly decent park.

Oh yes, am familiar with Sea World's Aquatica. Would like to visit that one.

The masks are part of it. I'd prefer the full Disney experience, such as seeing my kids smile and such and not having it look so creepy like we see in the ads now. I remember when people on these boards really emphasized just how important it was to see their kids smiling at the park. Been there, so I agree with that. I mean, you can't complain that people want to visit the park - and drop tons of their hard earned money - the way they are used to it. So people like me, north of the border, are going to ask for updates on this stuff because we want to know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom