What activity at WDW is so over priced that you won't do it?

Princess Kaylee

Everyone has their own opinion of what's overpriced at WDW. Most times it's determined by what you enjoy doing.

For me it's MVMCP at about $100.
&
Disney Quest, the only time we have been is when we had premium annual passes that included admission to DQ

It would be nice to hear what activity you feel is a great value

For us it's staying at a deluxe resort. We only sleep, and shower at the resort so it doesn't really matter where we stay. We stay at All-Stars because we would rather put our money into nice meals.

Punky

For me personally, I'd say BBB and the parties. I say BBB because I basically wasted money. My daughter didn't get her hair done because I made her a wig & I purchased her dress before our trip. I paid for her to get make-up and the experience I guess. The dessert party was a waste to me because we had so much junk that day that it was just tooooo much.

Kristamouse

I would say parties as well...we enjoyed the MNSSHP twice in 2007 and 2008 but the price back then was like $37.50. I also think that was before the nonnexpiration tickets so we would get a 10 day ticket and get 2 trips out of it by chill at the pool until 4:00 and then going to the party. Saved us a ticket day.
Pretty sure not many upgrades have been made to justify the price increase in mNSSHP.

khollandagg

I think the Value Resorts are a great value (surprising, I know). When I go we are at the hotel room so little anyways, spending most time out and about at the parks, that its totally worth it to save some pretty significant dollars.

Otterhead

Sadly, the Halloween party. I used to really enjoy it – it was decently priced, the CM's gave out tons of candy, and the park was beautifully empty (comparatively). Now it's much more expensive, the candy is minimal, costumes are much more restricted, and it's as busy as normal business hours. No longer worth the price.

The Dining Plan is still worth it, if just for the reduced hassle, but the deluxe ("platinum"? I dunno what they call it now) plan is just bonkers. I had friends who did it once -- three table-service meals per day -- and it was incredibly expensive, ate up most of their day with time in restaurants, and was way way way too much food.

wdwfan757

I still think the parties are a decent deal on a travel day. Fly in in the afternoon, get to the park at 5. 7 hours, the crowds are pretty low (even if they're not as low as they used to be), and I can generally get all of my favorites done, catch the holiday fireworks, all while dressed in costume.

For me its the dining plan. Before every big trip, I plan all my meals into a nice budget spreadsheet and the dining plan never comes close to saving me money. I'm much more of an appetizer person than a dessert person, so maybe when they start letting you do apps instead of desserts on the regular plan, I'll change my mind... but otherwise, no way.

I'd also add the illuminations and wishes dessert parties to that list. Illuminations at least throws in some ethanol, but you definitely dont need to pay to have a good viewing location. I can see how Wishes may be a better deal now that they're at the rose garden, but Wishes doesn't really require you to be near center and they show the projection show twice on a lot of nights. That star wars fireworks party though... worth it.

Otterhead

For me its the dining plan. Before every big trip, I plan all my meals into a nice budget spreadsheet and the dining plan never comes close to saving me money. I'm much more of an appetizer person than a dessert person, so maybe when they start letting you do apps instead of desserts on the regular plan, I'll change my mind... but otherwise, no way.
You can convert your desserts to apps on the regular plan. My friends and I did it all the time on my trip last month. They often have a section of apps, salads, or soups to choose from, but that's a nice perk they added this year.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Cabanas in Magic Kingdom, Ferrytail Fireworks (all you can drink with all the diesel fumes you can suck down and no where to sit and one small bathroom),
Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen because even if its free, its not worth it.

thomas998

I'll pay for the parties so long as it isn't on a night I expect them to sell out because then its very crowded and not worth it.... But to me the dessert viewing of fireworks have gotten to cheap on the dessert to make it worth while... Also not a fan of any of the higher end restaurants especially the "ethnic" ones because the food is really always a tamed milder version of the food it is supposed to be yet priced at a level that makes you gag.... Of course there are also some low end items that are just way out of whack with reality - corn dogs comes to mind because while I will pay a higher than normal price for a good corn dog at a state fair, Disney's version aren't that good but cost more than the over priced state fair corn dogs....

Otterhead

the "ethnic" ones because the food is really always a tamed milder version of the food it is supposed to be
I'm guessing you've never eaten at the restaurants at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, at Tiffins, Skipper Canteen, Tangierine Cafe or other excellent "ethnic" restaurants; is there one you had in mind that was poor? I've heard very mixed things about Spice Road Table.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom