What activity at WDW is so over priced that you won't do it?

DVC4bestvacations

Original Poster
Everyone has their own opinion of what's overpriced at WDW. Most times it's determined by what you enjoy doing.

For me it's MVMCP at about $100.
&
Disney Quest, the only time we have been is when we had premium annual passes that included admission to DQ

It would be nice to hear what activity you feel is a great value

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
images(6).jpg

wendysue

The Halloween and Christmas parties for sure, but even park tickets in general are now too expensive for me. Last trip we stayed at POP, but only went to Disney Springs, Boardwalk, mini putt, etc. Then we visited some sites elsewhere. Had a great time though, even not going into the parks.

Schneewittchen

I can agree, the Halloween and Christmas parties are ridiculous. Not worth it to me at all.

I started planning a weekend trip to WDW to celebrate my son's birthday in mid November. It's a quick 1.5 hour flight. When I realized one of the park days would be ruined by MVMCP, we planned a trip to DL instead. So yes, to avoid paying an additional $400 for tickets, we flew across the the country.

GlassHalfFull

Having been to a VMCP, on a NON sellout night.. I can tell you that it is very nice to be able to walk onto rides with little/no wait.. reminds me of the 90's/early 2000's when you could walk onto most things and just relax without worrying about it being too crowded during non peak seasons. I have not been on a sellout night, but if you want to experience MK specifically with new shows, and much less of a crowd, I think the Halloween and Christmas parties are great if you go to the early in the season weeknight ones.

SSH

Also agreed on the $100 parties - will never buy again, but used to love them at $50-70. Won't pay for a dessert party or dinner package, just to buy myself a better viewing spot for a 15-18 min show. I can see the worth on a longer production like Candlelight Procession though - especially if one has health issues and can't stand at all or tires easily and needs to be comfortable while watching. But as long as I'm healthy, I'll probably opt for my chances with standby and splurge on other things instead.

Still a great value for me personally: value resorts. I think they offer a lot of bang for the buck if you catch a decent discount or off-peak price. The 2 complimentary hours of nightime EMH at night is the only way we get a full evening at MK during all these hard tic holiday events, which is super important to us. You get many of the same great onsite resort benefits like bands, transport and parking privileges at lower cost. Resort fees are built in, so you don't get nickel and dimed to death after paying the room rate.

I also love the "tacky" decor - it's fun, bright and quintessential Disney. What can I say? I'm immature - I like cartoony.:joyfull: And the happy feeling we both get from staying in the Disney bubble relaxes us - even if it's Motel 6 level vs nicer mods and deluxes. :hilarious:

zurgandfriend

My DW and I wanted to treat our god daughter to “My Disney Girl’s Perfect Princess Tea.” The one adult and one child price was $333.64. Instead we took her to Cirque du Soleil, let her pick out whatever she wanted in Mouse Gear and we took her to dinner at the California Grill for less money.

Minnesota disney fan

I must be cheap, because to me, the price of admission alone is a lot. I just can't justify the dessert parties, special Halloween and Christmas party nights, expensive extra tours, cabanas (ick), or any extra ad-on that I feel is too expensive for the return. But, thankfully, we are not all the same:) I know families love the themed party nights and that's great. But for us, we do what is offered with the price of admission and are happy. We have been to WDW several times and seen it all, so the extras hold no interest for us.

Susan Savia

I don't get the Mickey pretzels (now $6.00) any more. Seems crazy to buy one for myself, husband and son for $18 and they've shrunk considerably. We carry a snack instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom