What a night....

astewart

Original Poster
I had quite the night tonight...
After classes today I was out with one of my friends...and she ended up running into another car...I figured that nothing else bad could happen today...but boy was I wrong. There is a really bad storm here on PEI today. The wind gusts are up to 130km/hour. I was on my way home and my heart dropped...right beside my house there was trees on fire (some had fallen into the power lines and started the fire)...about 100 feet away...and as my luck would have it the wind was blowing in the direction of my house. Then to make matters worse...the power went out. So in the dark I sat...with a fire really close by and was home all alone...I was not a happy camper. The power didn't come back on when they got the fire out...so my boyfriend and I (He had since gotten home from work) decided to go for a drive...as we didn't have the heat on in the house all day and it was freezing cold. We took a drive through town and the power is out everywhere, trees were down everywhere and there were fires in a lot of places. We ended up at my mother's place where we warmed up and then headed home. Since I got home the power has gone out 2 times..looks like it is going to be a long night still.... anyway...thanks for letting me vent...im still pretty shaken up from having that fire so close...

The Mom

Premium Member
What a dreadful night! I'm glad to hear you're safe now...hope the power situation gets straightened out soon!

Tramp

Originally posted by astewart
I had quite the night tonight...

Forget the boyfriend, he'll cut and run at the first sign of peril.
You need an old dog like me to snuggle up next to you for protection & warmth. :lookaroun

Tink

Re: Re: What a night....

Glad to hear you are ok! Not having electricity is a real problem - you wouldn't be able to come and visit us! :)

astewart

Original Poster
Thanks guys!!
Everything is back to normal now...they are still working on cleaning the island up. All the beaches got pretty washed up, but hopefully mother nature will put everything back in it's place. This was the first time ever that they had to close the confederation bridge to all traffic. It is the only way out of the province (well except for the ferries...but they stopped running early in the morning)..I saw a lot of fottage on then news tonight..it was a pretty big storm for this part of the world and it did a lot of dammage.

I can live without having power, it was the fire in the forest next door that really got to me...im terrified of fire...i didn't sleep at all last night...kept dreaming about more fire...hopefully tonight I will sleep better...

Again, thanks for your thoughts...can alway find love and support on this forum :O)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom