What 1 thing would stop you from going back to Disney.

bgraham34

Original Poster
If Disney did one thing to the parks or services that you love, what is the one thing that would prevent you from going back to Walt Disney World. Lets try to be serious.

I think this is a hard question to answer. But I thought if Disney charged you more money to go onto a E ride I think I would be real mad.

Jorma

As it stands now the ever increasing price of park admission has kept me from visiting as often I would like. As much as I love WDW, if I can't afford the rate, I won't go.

Epcot82Guy

I think I am to that point that if a few more replacements come out on the cheap and trite, I will seriously consider taking a long break from WDW. The track record recently has been less than spectacular, and it is coming at the cost of some great attractions. If the attractions are only speaking to children (actually pandering to children), there is no reason for me to spend that money any more.

Yellow Shoes

^^^I'm with Jorma.

Discounts are getting harder to come by, which is a good thing for Disney. I'm glad that their business is recovering.

However, as the weather gets cooler here in Kansas, I am scared to death of my gas bills, which will easily be $250 during the coldest months.
That $750 could be put to better use for:
4 nights at a deluxe resort
8 nights at a value
3 6-day hoppers
7 dinners for 4 at sit-down restaurants
300 Mickey bars!!

To better answer the original question, I don't think any one thing would make me forsake Disney. What I do find disturbing is report after report that chronicle tiny erosions in the level of Disney service that we expect.

I'm not talking about unreasonable things like "There was a hair in the bathtub at Pop and they refused to let me move to GF concierge."

It's more things like trash in the queues, peeling paint (especially in Toon Town, where all the little paint-eaters hang out), not enough staff at counter service places to keep the tables clean, street performers disappearing, etc.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Jorma said:
As it stands now the ever increasing price of park admission has kept me from visiting as often I would like. As much as I love WDW, if I can't afford the rate, I won't go.

Per day, park admission is cheaper with MYW then it was previously. Just buy the tickets in bigger blocks, even if you only use 4 days at a time, buy them in 10 day increments.

bigkidz895

the one thing that would prevent me from visiting Disney... hmm...

:drevil:

MONEY!!!!!

But even that's not a problem - I'll be the lucky winner of the $340,000,000 lottery drawing this Wednesday. No worries mate! :lookaroun

sheilaro

bgraham34 said:
If Disney did one thing to the parks or services that you love, what is the one thing that would prevent you from going back to Walt Disney World. Lets try to be serious.quote]
bgraham34 said:
I'd have to say if they reverted back to extreme mis-treatment of character CMs .... I'm new to the post so that old thread that was recently brought back to resurrection about Disney previously making the character CMs share undergarments was extremely shocking. :eek: As much as I love Disney, there's no way I could run happily and gleefully about at the parks knowing what the character CMs were experiencing.....don't think I would run up and hug one of them, either! :lookaroun

CTXRover

Jorma said:

Thrawn made a good point above. With the new pricing structure, Disney has actually made a way to make the per day price for a ticket cheaper than it has been in a long, long time. The only big downside is that you must be able to put all that cash forward at once, which may not be easy.

A 10 day ticket with the park hopper option and the No expiration option so you can use those days whenever you want costs $332.00 or $33.20 a day. That is almost a 45% savings from the price of a one day ticket for 10 days. Its a really good deal...you just need all that extra cash upfront.

**But of all the things (beyond physically not being able to go), I would agree that cost would be the one thing that would keep me from going.

CTXRover

Epcot82Guy said:
I think I am to that point that if a few more replacements come out on the cheap and trite, I will seriously consider taking a long break from WDW. The track record recently has been less than spectacular, and it is coming at the cost of some great attractions. If the attractions are only speaking to children (actually pandering to children), there is no reason for me to spend that money any more.

I know SGE turned out to be a dud in most people's opinions and the current temporary replacement for the 10 year old defunct 20K ride was disappointing, but what other recent changes do you think were cheap or trite? I know everyone's likes and dislikes are different and there have been little changes here and there in entertainment that may be seen as a downgrade, but I think all these more recent changes were high quality stuff that outweighs the bad and all of which really don' seem to pander to just children:

Buzz Lightyear for DreamFlight
Philharmagic for Legend of the Lion King
Wishes for FITS
Mission:Space for Horizons (or an empty, falling down building)
Soarin' for Food Rocks
Lights Motors Action for facades of 80's TV show houses
Everest for empty land
Crush n' Gusher for empty land, etc.

Jorma

CTXRover said:
Thrawn made a good point above. With the new pricing structure, Disney has actually made a way to make the per day price for a ticket cheaper than it has been in a long, long time. The only big downside is that you must be able to put all that cash forward at once, which may not be easy.

A 10 day ticket with the park hopper option and the No expiration option so you can use those days whenever you want costs $332.00 or $33.20 a day. That is almost a 45% savings from the price of a one day ticket for 10 days. Its a really good deal...you just need all that extra cash upfront.

**But of all the things (beyond physically not being able to go), I would agree that cost would be the one thing that would keep me from going.

Well said. It is the initial outlay of cash that is the issue. I have relatives in Florida that my family and I visit usually once a year. During these visits we normally take two days to visit WDW. The 10 day ticket would be cheaper over a 5 year period, but coming up with the $1328.00 (family of 4) just for park tickets in any one visit is more than I can do.

Burgstressera

Yellow Shoes said:
To better answer the original question, I don't think any one thing would make me forsake Disney. What I do find disturbing is report after report that chronicle tiny erosions in the level of Disney service that we expect.

I'm not talking about unreasonable things like "There was a hair in the bathtub at Pop and they refused to let me move to GF concierge."

It's more things like trash in the queues, peeling paint (especially in Toon Town, where all the little paint-eaters hang out), not enough staff at counter service places to keep the tables clean, street performers disappearing, etc.

I have to agree with Yellow Shoes here. I am concerned with the current state of the parks and hotels.

When I was there is July, my husband and I rode HM in the evening right before the park closed. I was shocked at the amount of trash thrown on the floor as you boarded the Doom Buggies. I mean there was trash every where you looked. I was so upset. :cry:

Just about everytime I went into a public bathroom at the Yatch or Beach Club they were a wreck.

Epcot looks bad - chipped paint, dirty, stained carpets. Things are just old and worn throughout the park. It was disappointing to see my favorite place in such bad shape.

I know of Walt Disney's passion for perfection or "plussing" as he used to call it - I can only imagine what he would think of WDW if he saw it today.

Don't get me wrong I still love Disney, but there are things that just should not be the way they are. Things that Walt Disney himself simply would not tolerate.

If the parks continue to decline - I may lessen my trips - just because I can not mentally handle watching it deteriorate.

For me this has two answers.

What would make me stop going, is as others have said money. If it reached the point I could no longer afford it then of course I wouldn't go.

However, if you are asking what would make me WANT to stop going, well that's a lot harder. Even if it got too much money, I'd still want to go, I just wouldn't be able to afford to.

What would make me want to stop going? Hmm, the only thing I can think of isn't directly Disney related, but weather related. If the weather kept getting worse to the point where it was more hurricaine than not I'd no longer want to go.

I was there through Jean (I think it was Jean, the one after Ivan) and though it wasn't as bad as some have been we were confined to quarters for 24 hours huddled in the middle of the hotel room so as to be away from the windows. Luckily we weren't effected apart from the cerfew, but it did get a bit scarey for a while.

tracyandalex

ditto for us. the main reason we don't go very often is because of the money. if we lived close enough to go on the weekend then it wouldn't be such an issue. i also don't like the prepay thing they do. for now we suck it up and go as often as possible.

tracy

CaptainMichael

Burgstressera said:
I know of Walt Disney's passion for perfection or "plussing" as he used to call it - I can only imagine what he would think of WDW if he saw it today.
He would say, "It makes sense." It is no longer one park like Disneyland orignally was. In Walt Disney World, there are 6 parks, dozens of hotels, etc. Not only is there an increase of area to be cleaned, but Americans have also gotten lazier and have a tendency to litter. Today's world is really different compared to the world Walt lived in.

The only thing that can stop me is death!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom