What’s the deal with All Star refurbs?

Minthorne

So Pop is completely done correct? And Movies is partially done? What about Music? And I’m assuming Sports is last on the list? We are a value family and I was really hoping for refurbished rooms on our next trip :(

Pop is complete. Movies I believe all the rooms in Fantasia, Toy Story and Love Bug are complete. Music and Sports are not started at all. I stayed a couple night in Love Bug last December and I really liked the new room design.

DisneyDreamer08

Pop is complete. Movies I believe all the rooms in Fantasia, Toy Story and Love Bug are complete. Music and Sports are not started at all. I stayed a couple night in Love Bug last December and I really liked the new room design.

Thank you! We love Pop but I’m worried once the gondolas open, the price difference between Pop and All Stars will be more significant. So we may be switching to Movies!

Missing20K

Are Disney hotel renovations what would be considered Level 1?

They are never adding or removing doors or re-configuring the spaces are they? It's just furniture, fixtures and finishes and soft goods, correct?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If it's logistics, I can sort of understand that. Sort of. If it's actually about money... I don't have the words. 🤬
If the real reason was money then I am right there with you.

There is however a big construction labor shortage in Florida right now. They might have been paying a premium for labor due to this and decided to put things on hold until other projects get finished up and they could get a more scale wage price on labor.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

They are never adding or removing doors or re-configuring the spaces are they? It's just furniture, fixtures and finishes and soft goods, correct?
In most cases, that is all that is being done. There have been exceptions, (DVC switch at AKL, Values suites at the All Stars, etc), but most refurbs range from fresh paint and carpet to a full out strip to the walls and start over.

Minthorne

I guess that's possible. Has this been done before, preview a new hotel at a different location?

Yes the SSR preview center has had models of BLT, Aluani, etc. in the past. I toured in 2010 and the BLT room there had a mural outside of the windows of fireworks going off over the Magic Kingdom.

lazyboy97o

It depends on the project. EPCOT also uses project cost to determine levels instead of project area.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
how do i request a refurb'd room - can i put that in online somehwere? I requested a Mighty Ducks room because I thought the refurb would be done by this month (and next).

Minthorne

how do i request a refurb'd room - can i put that in online somehwere? I requested a Mighty Ducks room because I thought the refurb would be done by this month (and next).

Call and put the request in. However, I did this in December and when I was checking in I wasn't assigned a refurbished room. I asked at that point and they were able to switch me, but I had to wait a bit longer for the room to be ready.

tissandtully

Which is weird because hotel refurbs are something that’s done industry wide and something Disney’s always done as part of a cycle. Why even start part of this then stop?

There are guests now requesting the new rooms and there is only a select number of them.
Not really, they can continue to charge a sometimes $300/night rate during peak season and not spend the money on making the rooms nicer, basic corporate math.

tissandtully

Wrong. Amazing how much misinformation people spread on here. The Wilderness Lodge has been thoroughly renovated. Here's a picture of the original rooms (I stayed in one) and today's rooms are completely different:
Original:
Todays:

I suspect DAK has also been renovated.
DAK DVC has definitely been done.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If the real reason was money then I am right there with you.

There is however a big construction labor shortage in Florida right now. They might have been paying a premium for labor due to this and decided to put things on hold until other projects get finished up and they could get a more scale wage price on labor.

Ah, that's entirely possible, I forgot about the labor situation. So if that's what's going on, I can understand.

Dr.GrantSeeker

I was told that it was stopped purely because of money. TDO basically said we have way too many projects going on right now. They don't want to be putting any more money into these resorts (All-Star) since they are building a handful of new hotels. I was also told that the room referbs for All Star's is on hold indefinitely.

I want to mention, this information was given to me last year, shortly after the room refurbishments halted at All Star Movies. Since yesterday I did some digging and have been told that they are no longer on hold indefinitely, but shall resume again in the Spring.

TrojanUSC

AGAIN. Wrong. Please stop spreading misinformation.

If you take the time to look at the pictures I posted above (in initial response to your post), you'll see that the rooms at WL were completely and totally remodeled.

Is is that hard to say "oops I guess I was wrong?" Disney renovates according to industry standards and keeps rooms in generally excellent condition for the occupancy rates they endure...
[/QUOTE]

Do let me know the last time the DAK Lodge rooms were refurbished, or the Y&B rooms were refurbished prior to this most recent refreshment.

They are NOT on an "industry standard" timetable. The practice for 20+ years was to wait until the rooms are totally out of date then do a barebones update.

Fairy32

Maybe they are waiting because this time of year is really busy for all stars with the cheer competitions? Or maybe they realized that type of resort needs two actual beds for all of the groups that travel there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom