What’s the deal with All Star refurbs?

Rteetz

Original Poster
Maybe they are waiting because this time of year is really busy for all stars with the cheer competitions? Or maybe they realized that type of resort needs two actual beds for all of the groups that travel there.
Two actual beds? The remodeled rooms do have two actual beds. One bed just comes out of the wall.

World_Showcase_Lover007

I would not be surprised if the cost of the refurbs has spiraled out of control. The Value Resorts are sloppy construction so rooms are not as modular as is desired of a hotel.

There is an alternative point of view to this, whereby the All Stars are very solidly engineered and built. This comes from their “motel” design where the hotel room door/wall opens to the outside and is therefore exposed to the elements. To ensure efficient air conditioning and reduction of air loss, Disney made sure these building were well constructed. Spend a bit more now vs. a lot later mentality.

lazyboy97o

There is an alternative point of view to this, whereby the All Stars are very solidly engineered and built. This comes from their “motel” design where the hotel room door/wall opens to the outside and is therefore exposed to the elements. To ensure efficient air conditioning and reduction of air loss, Disney made sure these building were well constructed. Spend a bit more now vs. a lot later mentality.
It is not a matter of one's point of view, exterior corridors or the decoration of the resorts.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Pop is complete. Movies I believe all the rooms in Fantasia, Toy Story and Love Bug are complete. Music and Sports are not started at all. I stayed a couple night in Love Bug last December and I really liked the new room design.

Just stayed in Fantasia bldg at Movies last week. Two rooms, neither was renovated yet

Sandra Allen

We stayed in Love Bug Building 6 at Christmas and that building was refurbished. Going by the buildings that have new signage (the bit with the room number on). I think Fantasia Building 8 was refurbished, but Building 5 wasn't. So, my guess is, Buildings 10, 9, 8, 7 & 6 are the refurbished ones.

peter11435

AGAIN. Wrong. Please stop spreading misinformation.

If you take the time to look at the pictures I posted above (in initial response to your post), you'll see that the rooms at WL were completely and totally remodeled.

Is is that hard to say "oops I guess I was wrong?" Disney renovates according to industry standards and keeps rooms in generally excellent condition for the occupancy rates they endure...

Non DVC Disney Resort receive a soft goods refurb approximately every 3-4 years with a larger refurb every 7. The rooms at YB have received several refurbs over the years and 3 complete redesigns. AKL has also received a few refurbs but largely (not entirely) kept the same design so it’s significantly less noticeable.

nickys

Premium Member
I guess that's possible. Has this been done before, preview a new hotel at a different location?

Saratoga is the DVC preview centre. Any new DVC resort has model rooms created at SSR, usually a lock-off 2-bed. You can take a tour of the rooms, and they then have meeting rooms to go through the ins and outs of DVC.

For Copper Creek and the Poly Bungalows, they also did room tours on site. But when we bought Bay Lake, we went to Saratoga to see the rooms etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom