What’s POSITIVE about disney recently?

celluloid

There are obviously a lot more things to complain about than there are to praise Disney for, recently... but what are those praises we can give in the past 5 years or so?

For me, a plus is the additions on Jungle Cruise. I enjoyed seeing the updates and new scenes, and it gave a classic attraction a small refresh without throwing out what made it good in the first place.

Another few honorable mentions would be Awesome Planet, Space 220, and of course Rise of the Resistance.

1.The parks being completely second hand tobacco free. Even if this is already mentioned I want to echo that is the best move for the industry.

2.I love the new security scanners. There is no more singling out feeling that the selective checks brought. It is the best guest service security set up they ever had. Once it gets to the point where it is more polished with show it will be the great standard.

MickeyLuv'r

I wish people would figure out that it’s less awkward to spilt your group across the two benches facing each other instead of all sitting on one bench facing the strangers across from you lol
This almost never happens on Universal's Hogwart's Express. I can't say it never happens, but it it rare. I can understand how/why it happens on the Skyliner though, because sitting in a row is the norm at WDW (Safari, Pirates, small world, Rafiki's Planet Watch train). People sometimes sit across on the Monorail. Even on Jungle Cruise, families are typically seated in a row/all on the same side of the boat.

Nottamus

I liked Harmonious (no where near as much as Illuminations)

points of light on Epcot ball
mobile ordering is great

AK kite show- although seems like 45 seconds long, it’s using that theatre again which hopefully leads to better and more permanent things

bag checks!!

Last edited:

dreday3

Let me add to my list....

We had nothing but positive interaction with the cast members. In fact, they kept complimenting my dresses! (that's important when you have a sister who kept commenting "why are you wearing a dress? blah blah blah" 😂 )

Our waits for the bus were bad, but when on the bus, they played trivia and told jokes!

Security at the parks is an absolute breeze right now.

The bartenders at Rix gave me a double glass of wine every time I ordered one to go but only charged me for a single!

Even with everything "different" due to pandemic, we still had fun and we are cutting our normal 3-4 year break between trips to just 1.5 years this time and going during Flower/Garden in 2023 when hopefully everything normal(ish) again!

Diamond Dot

What I have loved most, but, doubt if they will ever do it again was the party pass for MNSSHP in 2019. If you used it three times then you broke even, but, I ended up using it every party during my trip of 14 days, I hadn't planned to, I was planning on going in for an hour or two, but, I loved the pace of not rushing around trying to get everything in in one night, not to mention the trick or treating. So I ended up doing it 7 times (yikes) I didn't feel the need to watch the parade everytime and chilling watching the movies and stuffing my face with candy in the Philharmagic theatre was lovely.
I think Disney are doing a great job, the only thing that's gone downhill is guest behaviour and that's not really Disney's fault.

vikescaper

I like the redo of Hollywood Studios parking lot. Yeah, the bus stations are further from the entrance but it is so much easier to get in and out of the parking lot if you are driving. It was always the worst trying to leave DHS at park close and being stuck in that traffic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom