What’s POSITIVE about disney recently?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
There are obviously a lot more things to complain about than there are to praise Disney for, recently... but what are those praises we can give in the past 5 years or so?

For me, a plus is the additions on Jungle Cruise. I enjoyed seeing the updates and new scenes, and it gave a classic attraction a small refresh without throwing out what made it good in the first place.

Another few honorable mentions would be Awesome Planet, Space 220, and of course Rise of the Resistance.

Vinnie Mac

There are obviously a lot more things to complain about than there are to praise Disney for, recently... but what are those praises we can give in the past 5 years or so?

For me, a plus is the additions on Jungle Cruise. I enjoyed seeing the updates and new scenes, and it gave a classic attraction a small refresh without throwing out what made it good in the first place.

Another few honorable mentions would be Awesome Planet, Space 220, and of course Rise of the Resistance.
Past 5 years? Hm

Pandora, Galaxy's Edge, RoTR, FoP, HEA, SSE lights, improved projection and laser technology, improved lighting technology for shows, mobile ordering, improved transportation, new resorts, Space 220, complete Downtown Disney to Disney Springs overhaul, MMRR, Festival of Fantasy, Beacons of Magic, the new holiday shows (MNSSS and MWC fireworks), Remy's Ratatouille Adventure (or whatever it's called), Skyliner, HarmonioUS, and the Jungle Cruise changes/updates.

Honorable mention: (I know it's kinda outside that 5 year threshold) the Seven Dwarfs rollercoaster in MK.

That's everything I can think of for now.

RoadiJeff

RotR would be #1 on my list of improvements over the last 5 years. I could spend all day in the Galaxy's Edge area and not be bored if I could do RotR every few hours. The current charge of $15 for the ILL for that one is a bargain and I wish it had been available when I was there in early October.

Vinnie Mac

RotR would be #1 on my list of improvements over the last 5 years. I could spend all day in the Galaxy's Edge area and not be bored if I could do RotR every few hours. The current charge of $15 for the ILL for that one is a bargain and I wish it had been available when I was there in early October.
I feel exactly the same way. My mom and I paid for LL to do RotR the other day and we regretted nothing (first time on it in person). That ride straight blew our minds. Definitely pushes the envelope for what theme park attractions are capable of achieving in terms of storytelling and showcasing technology.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I did just that on 10/2/2021 and rode both RotR and SR 5 times each without spending an extra dime.

Ahhh...the golden years of 4 weeks ago.

awoogala

I really like Toy Story Land/new rides.
Genie has one good thing- it seems to work way better than the other old app, and it has mobile ordering and suggestions, looks cleaner, easier to navigate. I don't love the paying for ILL or genie +, but I'm actually liking the app update itself.
Mobile Ordering- way better than lines, honestly.
It's gotten easier to order vegetarian/vegan, more options for healthy food-and having some vegan junk food doesn't hurt, either.
I really like all the new lounges- I love more sit down options, but without having to make a reservation, and to be able to choose several small plates instead of a heavy entree. I'd do lounges for every meal if there more options! (we need one in MK!!!)
I don't really care about Star Wars, but I appreciate that it is there, because other rides in HS are easier to get on now.

Tony the Tigger

So many things! But I wanted to highlight something I don’t see mentioned a whole lot - I was impressed with Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway! I guess I had low-ish expectations, but it came off to me as a classic dark ride, super-plussed. The projections all around the walls (as opposed to on screens) were completely immersive and worked especially well in an animated setting.

eliza61nyc

So I'm still in love with wdw and have yet to have a bad vacation but I also recognize that a lot of the new cost have not affected me personally.

Love how HS is coming along. Mickeys runaway train is way better than TGMR (but again I hate old and boring which imo was the best description for TGMR). Star wars land is fantastic
Love the restaurant choices in Disney springs.
Not sure how new this is but the Gelataria in Italy was fantastic
The skyliner is very cool. I hate that it goes down in bad weather though.

Okay my last one is controversial. I though the Riveria resort was really pretty. I have not stayed there so can't speak to the rooms but I made it a point to go check it out in september since so many folks here complained about it and I liked it.
20210907_174852.jpg

20210907_175905.jpg

20210907_175655.jpg

Last edited:

dreday3

MMRR (I loooove that ride) - very funny if you take the time to watch the scenes and Daisy Duck!!!
Rat
I liked Creations
the food was good at food/wine
Gran Destino
The Skyliner
TSL was fun
Beacons of Magic in every park
Loved the gold statues
Loved the castle in person
The new Epcot entrance
Anything and everything at Animal Kingdom - love this park even more after this trip.

Vinnie Mac

So many things! But I wanted to highlight something I don’t see mentioned a whole lot - I was impressed with Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway! I guess I had low-ish expectations, but it came off to me as a classic dark ride, super-plussed. The projections all around the walls (as opposed to on screens) were completely immersive and worked especially well in an animated setting.
Yes! MMRR definitely has that "classic attraction" feel while still being technologically impressive.

Last edited:

TotallyBiased

* Pandora is amazing, along with FoP.

* Star Wars land and both of it's rides (personally I prefer SR to RotR). Staring at the Falcon, I don't think I'd geeked out that hard since being in the middle of the field or in the team film room at Gillette Stadium.

* Skyliner. I've only ridden it once. Last day of our honeymoon trip and leaving HS. Got a ride back to Pop and I was amazed. It was silent, dim, and incredibly relaxing. Such a massive contrast to the buses. I almost dozed off.

* 7 dwarves mine train, queue isn't bad, wish it actually went through the cottage

I'm sure there's much much more.

MickeyLuv'r

My top two are improved Mobile Ordering and improved bag check. Jungle Cruise additions/updates are cute. I am curious to see Rat. Expanding the Festivals at Epcot is also excellent, like the Art Festival and expanding the food booths to more times of the year. I don't see them mentioned very often, but it is refreshing to have innovative foods to sample.

A few years back, the Japan food kiosk had taiyaki. Now that I know what they are, I found them at a local grocery/specialty store! (home, not WDW) I probably would not have thought to buy them (at home), but for the Epcot booth! This is where WDW has a HUGE potential to introduce people to new foods.

for example, there are a whole host of Asian vegetables I would love to try, but I don't know how to prepare them. Sure, I can use Google, but...that isn't always enough to really get to know the way something is supposed to taste, or if I want to commit to buying all the necessary ingredients or something like the special taikai waffle press. For those who don't know, a taiyaki is a Japanese waffle filled with something like maybe ice cream. The waffle/cake is in the shape of a fish. The filling can also be red bean paste or even something savory- like anything you'd put in a French crepe. (ham +cheese? ) It is also a bit like French choux (cream puff). Many fillings taste great housed in a choux puff.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Another honorable mention for me is switching Canada’s film to digital. Even if I dont care for the new film as much, it’s nice not having a headache from the flashing of the old film projections after leaving the theater.

I am also a fan of the skyliner. I got to ride it for the first time this past trip. I dont like sharing a cabin with another group tho.

CynBeth

I will be there soon in a few weeks barring anything unexpected and am just thrilled to be going. Since I am not there yet I was excited to see pictures of how quickly the holiday decorations have been going up. I am looking forward to the new things we have not experienced since our last trip like GE, Skyliner, Rat, and MMRR and seeing the 50th decorations. And will give Genie+ a chance we bought it hope it works well for us. And that the After Hours party we attend is good.

castlecake2.0

Another honorable mention for me is switching Canada’s film to digital. Even if I dont care for the new film as much, it’s nice not having a headache from the flashing of the old film projections after leaving the theater.

I am also a fan of the skyliner. I got to ride it for the first time this past trip. I dont like sharing a cabin with another group tho.
I wish people would figure out that it’s less awkward to spilt your group across the two benches facing each other instead of all sitting on one bench facing the strangers across from you lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom