Pre-Trip West Coast, is it the best coast or the best Ghost host?

1689993959329.png
1689994179031.png

Biggie or Tupac?
Rocky or Drago?
SEC or Pac-12
(Enter relevant East v West rivalries here)
Land or World?

On July 27th, I attempt to find out...

Day trip to Disneyland Park with my son, Liam... Flying to LA for soccer game on the 26th, Arsenal(my team) v Barcelona.

Sleeping Beauty or Cinderella?
2 drops or 1 drop?
Elevator or stretching room?
Single seats or double seats?
Fixed blasters or movable blasters?
Corn dogs or footlong hot dogs?

Last edited:

Billy6

Original Poster
That’s all who are riding with me!

Some background: this will be the 4th time I am going to DLP but first time with one of my kids.

I have my opinions on some attractions and how they compare to the World. As much as it’s a first TR for me at DL, I wanted to see what my son says about the differences and try to document his take too.

I haven’t been on the forums in a while as my family has been hit with some serious health issues this year. This will be a nice getaway with the boy.

I explained to Liam that we get the best of Magic Kingdom and Hollywood studios in one park and some extra special rides. He was game!!

“To all who come to this happy TR, Welcome!”

Last edited:

Wicked Sisters

In the Parks
No
So sorry to hear you have had some serious family health issues this year. It will be good for you to have a lovely break with your son. Enjoy and I look forward to your report.

fractal

That’s all who are riding with me!

Some background: this will be the 4th time I am going to DLP but first time with one of my kids.

I have my opinions on some attractions and how they compare to the World. As much as it’s a first TR for me at DL, I wanted to see what my son says about the differences and try to document his take.

I haven’t been on the forums in a while as my family has been hit with some serious health issues this year. This will be a nice getaway with the boy.

I explained to Liam that we get the best of Magic Kingdom and Hollywood studios in one park and some extra special rides. He was game!!

“To all who come to this happy TR, Welcome!”
Sorry to hear about the health issues. I hope they are behind you and if not, wishing and praying for a speedy recovery for all.

Billy6

Original Poster
Have fun! And most definitely a corndog from the Red Wagon!

Also if you like chocolate and peanut butter get a chocolate peanut butter square from the Candy Palace in DL.
Little Red Wagon is the best I've had...Classic spot.

I am sure Liam will have me in the Candy Palace this trip!

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
View attachment 731886View attachment 731887

Biggie or Tupac?
Rocky or Drago?
SEC or Pac-12
(Enter relevant East v West rivalries here)
Land or World?

On July 27th, I attempt to find out...

Day trip to Disneyland Park with my son, Liam... Flying to LA for soccer game on the 26th, Arsenal(my team) v Barcelona.

Sleeping Beauty or Cinderella?
2 drops or 1 drop?
Elevator or stretching room?
Single seats or double seats?
Fixed blasters or movable blasters?
Corn dogs or footlong hot dogs?
Dodgers or Yankees? (Never the Mets or Giants btw!!! Or the Trashtros, the one thing my family can agree on that is the WORST!! )
You know my answer….
Have fun!
And yay soccer!!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Sounds like an awesome trip - a professional soccer game and a disney park.

I tried to organise a similar trip to DL Paris with a visit to the parks and the first game of World Cup Rugby (NZ v France) but as of yet no resell tickets have popped up for that game so I will go home after my disney days. I have managed to score some tickets for the last pool match for the All Blacks and will continue to look for tickets to the opener (the nice thing is they set it up so that you can only resell your tickets through the official website and only for the amount you paid for the ticket).

Billy6

Original Poster
Sounds like an awesome trip - a professional soccer game and a disney park.

I tried to organise a similar trip to DL Paris with a visit to the parks and the first game of World Cup Rugby (NZ v France) but as of yet no resell tickets have popped up for that game so I will go home after my disney days. I have managed to score some tickets for the last pool match for the All Blacks and will continue to look for tickets to the opener (the nice thing is they set it up so that you can only resell your tickets through the official website and only for the amount you paid for the ticket).
Sweet! I love watching the All Blacks. Jonah Loumo was my favorite. RIP...
A girl I went to college with went on to be the Goal Keeper for the Football Ferns in 2 World Cups.

The World Cup for soccer is in the states and some games will be in LA, sooooo...maybe another trip is a foot. Or just to Kansas City, which is the closest host city to Chicago.:)

Billy6

Original Poster
Dodgers or Yankees? (Never the Mets or Giants btw!!! Or the Trashtros, the one thing my family can agree on that is the WORST!! )
You know my answer….
Have fun!
And yay soccer!!
I thought about Rams and Giants or something...

Bears and Packers
Cubs and Sox
Ketchup and no Ketchup

Billy6

Original Poster
A quick plan for the trip:

7/26:
* Flight: Chicago to LA, 4.5 hours, Good thing I got some upgrades.... Just wait!
* Lunch with a college buddy who moved to SoCal in Manhattan Beach. Liam wants to get into the other ocean as well.
* We are staying right by LAX in a Marriott on points from my mom and dad. Score!
* Game starts at 7:30pm at Sofi Stadium, just down the road a piece from the airport.
* Hotdogs and Nachos and Soccer!

7/27:
* Disneyland. Park opens at 8:00am, which will be like 10 to me and Liam, so hopefully we will be able to rope drop, if we aren't too tired.
It's open until Midnight, so we'll have plenty of time to do what we want. I will probably get G+, to see if there are any differences but I don't foresee any.
* Late breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen, at the Disneyland Hotel. Liam wanted to see characters, and I wouldn't mind a nice breakfast, so I got a
ressy.
*Dinner at Carnation Cafe. Highly recommended by my DCL travel agent friend, however, I may defer to corn dogs or other QS joints instead.

7/28:
* Head into West Hollywood to drop in on a friend who is a Dr. there. 50/50 chance of seeing him but I want to see the area again.
I also want to stop by the offices from one of my favorite shows, Million Dollar Listing, LA and snag a picture.
* Flight home is at 2:05pm, so after some sightseeing, we will head back.

Okay, let's review....That is...flights, lunches, the beach, soccer games, nachos, Goofy, Hollywood, tv-shows, keep your hands and arms inside at all times... Anything else?

Oh yeah....Have a nice trip....

1690139600759.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom