Were you at the grand opening of any Disney theme parks?

Montu

DonnieDarko said:
As far as Universal goes, I went into IOA before the Dudley Do Right ride was even vertical.

Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls was built with the park. You did not go to the park "Before Ripsaw went vertical."

I also was the first person to ever ride Revenge of The Mummy

As someone that opened the attraction, was inside the building almost five months before opening, and was there the first time riders were put on - no, you were not.

Montu

Figment1986 said:
hmm... Mk... hmm 1986??

Epcot.. hmmm 1986...

MGm... hmmm too young.. but my mom & sister were there within first 3 months...

AK... Ya right... i was in school and caught it on the news when i got home... or before i left.. i forget...

Park 5... Heck yes i will be there... (if their will be a park 5..)

I don't get it..... You went to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot in 1986, but you were too young to go to the Disney/MGM Studios when it opened - in 1989?

peter11435

Montu said:
Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls was built with the park. You did not go to the park "Before Ripsaw went vertical."
I think he meant while the park was still under construction.

Did I ever tell you how annoying you are, oh yeah that’s right I have.

Rosso11

I visited Epcot befor it opened to the general public. I just happened to be there on vacation a week before the grand opening. They let people staying on property get a sneak peak. I still have my tickets with the early dates stamped on them. I really just lucked out.

Lauriebar

Montu said:
I don't get it..... You went to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot in 1986, but you were too young to go to the Disney/MGM Studios when it opened - in 1989?

If you really think about his screen name you might be able to figure out that something rather significant happened in his life in 1986. The question marks after the first line should also give you a clue.

Jerm

I was at DCA for opening day saw the Roy, Mike, and Mickey do the whole thing. I was supposed to be at the opening of DAK (didn't make it) and I was at the opening of ToT here in DCA (nothing big at all!!!)

J

TheOneVader

My parents tried to go to the Epcot grand opening, but they never got there... They were like 3 miles away in a traffic jam when they said forget it, and I think went to Busch Gardens... If that was even open back then...

WDWFanatic

I was at the pre opening of EPCOT. They loaded us up on the monorail and when we came around the trees and got a glimpse of the SSE everyone had their noses pressed against the windows. I remember going on spaceship earth and the cast members having to turn our time travel vehicles around by hand. I guess they were still working out the bugs. It was quite a trip. I still have they bronze keychains, epcot books and commemorative ticket stubs for opening day.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
WDWFanatic said:
I remember going on spaceship earth and the cast members having to turn our time travel vehicles around by hand. I guess they were still working out the bugs.

If I recall, the Time Machines wouldn`t turn since a 50 cent spacing ring was missing or was too small, somewhere in the mechanism... It must have been a funny sight floating through space (with THAT spaceship and AA`s above you) to see a CM under the tracks. I take it they wern`t actually stood next to the cars as you passed?

WDWFanatic

Actually this was when you "returned" to earth at the bottom of the slope and they were standing on both sides of the car in their gray polyester space suits turning them around. I was i think 8 at the time and i jumped when they grabed the car to turn it. :lol:

optjay

If you really think about his screen name you might be able to figure out that something rather significant happened in his life in 1986. The question marks after the first line should also give you a clue.

Check his screen name then his profile and you will be able to figure out that he was BORN in 1986. Wasnt that tuff to figure out from the post!!!

Stop whinning !!

westie

Feb. 8, 2001 Disney California Adventure. Stayed at the new hotel with its own park entrance. The free souvenir was an artists map of the park. Because of all the hype it was blessedly uncrowded. We could walk arround with our arms held wide open. Probably our best Disney trip to date.

LilDucky

westie said:
Because of all the hype it was blessedly uncrowded. We could walk arround with our arms held wide open. Probably our best Disney trip to date.

I went very early march of that year, and you are so right! It was so uncrowded, and I kid you not, I think I could have done a couple of cartwheels and not hurt myself or anybody else! I swear it has to be the emptiest I've ever seen any Disney park in my almost 20 years of life on this Earth. :lol: . The only thing generating lines was Soaring and Grizz. Its a shame really. Lots of potential lost there. I hope they find something to remedy the situation. Hopefully ToT will give it some needed boost.

Montu

optjay said:
Check his screen name then his profile and you will be able to figure out that he was BORN in 1986. Wasnt that tuff to figure out from the post!!!

Stop whinning !!

Then it's also not too tuff to figure out that if he was old enough to go to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot in 1986, he was old enough to go to the Disney/MGM Studios in 1989.

Now, as you so maturely put it, stop whining.

Montu

peter11435 said:
I think he meant while the park was still under construction.

Did I ever tell you how annoying you are, oh yeah that’s right I have.

It's virtually impossible to have been inside Islands of Adventure - even while the park was under construction - find rides completed or near completion, and Ripsaw not having "gone vertical" yet. It was built at the same time as the rest of the park. This guy is full of it.

peter11435

It's virtually impossible to have been inside Islands of Adventure - even while the park was under construction - find rides completed or near completion, and Ripsaw not having "gone vertical" yet. It was built at the same time as the rest of the park. This guy is full of it.
Um, he never said he found any rides "completed or near completion." He was saying that he was there while the park was under construction, which is entirely possible.

Laura

Premium Member
Original Poster
Montu said:
Then it's also not too tuff to figure out that if he was old enough to go to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot in 1986, he was old enough to go to the Disney/MGM Studios in 1989.

Now, as you so maturely put it, stop whining.

I think he meant he was too young to REMEMBER going to MGM, not too young to go there.

DisneyFreak529

I never been to a grand opening but I was lucky enought to get to trips in for the 100 year celebration. When I went in June 2002 & Feb 2003. When we went in Feb 2003 it was the last week for the 100 year celebration so my husband and I got luck. We saw it all with our friends and then with his family!!
I want to go bad for the 50 year party. We are talking about Christmas, it is in the air right now. Most likly a yes though!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom