Trip Report We're going to Disney and this old lady is gonna party!

Hi all, I have the unexpected joy of being able to write (my second ever), (pre)trip report because I'm getting old!

I wrote my first report from our August trip when we got to preview GE as AP before it opened to the public. I thought it would be the only report I got to write till November of 2020 when my husband wants to go back and have a big family trip with all in attendance.

Well I woke up this morning and realized 🤔 I will be 60 in 2 weeks and had no plans for the big day!
So after only about 5 minutes of badgering, my husband agreed a quick, down and dirty trip to celebrate my birthday was in order!

Who will be going?
Just the 3 of us from August-(yes it was Halloween in August). :rolleyes:
Youngest kid Seth, myself Cindy and husband Gary.
IMG_4085.JPG

Not attending my birthday blowout is my daughter Aleisha and new son-in-law Julio, as they just got back from honeymooning in France 3 days ago!
Sorry blurry pic of them in their wedding finery, and what I call my (grandthing) Queen Hera!
IMG_5697.PNG

When-we will be there Nov 20-Nov 22 (quick blitz for sure)! But, still very excited!

What I have so far is our room, we will be staying at the Boulder Ridge Villas, as that was the only thing available at late notice for us to use our DVC points. But, I was super excited today when initially I looked, I could only find a room for each night at 2 different resorts, and then an hour later, 2 consecutive nights opened up. We love Wilderness Lodge so that worked out great!

More details to come, hopefully, with some dining and FP bookings, wish me luck!

MickeyCB

Original Poster
I agree with the others - it was so not a Debbie Downer post. Hope your husband’s treatment is going well.

And I hope your son continued to be cooperative about pictures 😉
Thank you very much, so far so good.
And you nailed it! Between fussing about pictures, and "I don't want to ride that".....grrrr
Some days I check his drivers license to make sure he's not 3!:mad:

MickeyCB

Original Poster
Happy birthday! Thanks for sharing your story. I hope your husband’s treatments go well and that you both get to celebrate many more birthdays together.
Thank you very much, and that is definitely my wish!
He had 2 goals, first was to see my daughter married, ticked that one off the list last month, and he wants to see my son graduate college. That will hopefully be May of 2022. He said he feels good enough that he wants to set a few more longer term goals! His oncologist said "go for it"!

MickeyCB

Original Poster
So we're off to the WL!
IMG_0106.JPG

Honest, that is really a smile and not a "seriously, another picture grimace"??!!
IMG_0109.JPG

Isn't Donald cute in the background?!

This is one I don't get. I just want to know when it is ready. The txt came as we were getting off of the bus at the WL. And really hilarious is maybe 1 minute later, got the room ready txt!
IMG_0110.PNG

So excited! We're hererereeeee!
IMG_0112.JPG

And check out this insane tree!! That just never gets old! (Kind of funny because this trip my husband said that to me a lot, on the boats, the entrance to MK, etc.)
IMG_0113.JPG

And then we were on our way to our room in the Boulder Ridge section. This is the walkway to the DVC entrance. So beautiful. Just loved all of the Christmas decorations.
IMG_0114.JPG

And then, ahhh welcome home, as they say!!!
IMG_0119.JPG

Living room of a 2BR villa.
More room photos to follow.

MickeyCB

Original Poster
I have to interrupt this TR to ask, @Tuvalu where were you?! :cry: I was hoping to run into you.
I brought this candy bar from our hometown chocolate company, Sarris's to give you if we had the pleasure of meeting. Greetings from Pittsburgh!
Ask @riverside , best chocolate this side of the Mississippi! (I couldn't remember if you were pro chocolate or not, but figured someone in your family might enjoy it if not).

I was thinking about trying to leave it at the front desk, but my son said it was stalker-ish, and he frowned upon the whole meeting people from the internet.
(I find it hilarious to see the lessons we teach them coming back to bite me). "Mom, you know it's not safe meeting strangers from the internet"!! Now he listens.:rolleyes:

Anyway, sorry we didn't get to run into you, would have loved a Tuvalu card. 🙁
But, I hope you enjoyed your trip!
IMG_0455.JPG

MickeyCB

Original Poster
I am here!
You and I have already discussed the cancer thing so no need.
I cant wait to read all about your birthday trip!!!
So glad you are following!
And, yes indeed. Enough of the sad.
The trip was excellent, if you ignore the stubborn boys.:bored:
I know that emoji says bored, but it looks irritated to me, which is very much what I wanted to convey!

MickeyCB

Original Poster
More room photos of our 2BR villa.
Master bath tub and shower, 2 separate rooms. Lots of souvenirs!
IMG_0115.JPG

IMG_0116.JPG

Master BR
IMG_0117.JPG

Kitchen
IMG_0118.JPG

View off of living room balcony.
IMG_0121.JPG

2nd Br and sink area, separate from the potty and shower.
IMG_0122.JPG

IMG_0123.JPG

I got to spend all of 2 minutes on that beautiful balcony, because we had a boat to catch and fast passes to use!

But, best pic of the day, my birthday button!
IMG_0180.JPG

Last edited:

MickeyCB

Original Poster
We headed out via a back staircase we found that took us right down to the walkway near the far end of the Cascade Cabins. I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of those.
We walked past Geyser Point Bar & Grill and made our way to the wooden walkway that takes you to the boats at the back of the resort.

Again, cooperative photo subjects. :rolleyes: I think it is amazingly beautiful back here.
IMG_0128.JPG

A view of the pool from the lake side.
IMG_0125.JPG

And now one of my husband's absolute favorite things to do, take the boat from WL over to the MK. (He says he wants to get a job as one of the boat drivers? pilots?). We were chatting with one of the boat captains and he said it is one of the most coveted jobs at Disney with a wait list. The boat wasn't crowded at all and it was a wonderful relaxing ride.
IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0132.JPG

Ahh, just love this place. There were green construction barriers everywhere, but all I saw was that train station and THE castle behind it!
IMG_0177.JPG

We got through security with a minimum of fuss. My husband always, always sets off the alarms. 2 knees, 1 chemo port,
but what I really think it is, is the 55 pins or so he insists on wearing around his neck to use for pin trading. He adores pin
trading. It has actually created a few little Disney squabbles. I say, "Gar, come on we have a fast pass", he replies"just one more pin".
We each have different priorities.

Family selfie! Who needs a PP photographer anyway?!
IMG_0139.JPG

Look how crazy blue that sky is! And everything was decorated for the holidays!
IMG_0137.JPG

Up next, Main Street USA!!!

Last edited:

MegRuss626

I have to interrupt this TR to ask, @Tuvalu where were you?! :cry: I was hoping to run into you.
I brought this candy bar from our hometown chocolate company, Sarris's to give you if we had the pleasure of meeting. Greetings from Pittsburgh!
Ask @riverside , best chocolate this side of the Mississippi! (I couldn't remember if you were pro chocolate or not, but figured someone in your family might enjoy it if not).

I was thinking about trying to leave it at the front desk, but my son said it was stalker-ish, and he frowned upon the whole meeting people from the internet.
(I find it hilarious to see the lessons we teach them coming back to bite me). "Mom, you know it's not safe meeting strangers from the internet"!! Now he listens.:rolleyes:

Anyway, sorry we didn't get to run into you, would have loved a Tuvalu card. 🙁
But, I hope you enjoyed your trip!
View attachment 428760

Love Sarris!! 😍 I just said to my husband we should stop on Black Friday after shopping for a hardcap sundae!

riverside

Premium Member
This is one I don't get. I just want to know when it is ready. The txt came as we were getting off of the bus at the WL. And really hilarious is maybe 1 minute later, got the room ready txt!
I totally agree with you(about the "not ready" text). I've found more often than not the ready one comes right after the not ready-weird!!
Ask @riverside , best chocolate this side of the Mississippi!
You know it!! :inlove:
🤣🤣🤣Funny about your son but I think that was a great idea that you had!!

MickeyCB

Original Poster
Happy Birthday!! Love your outlook on life, and love your report so far. Prayers of healing and comfort for Gary (tell him I love pins too).

I'm not very eloquent with words, I tend to use humor in serious situations, which isn't always appropriate but wanted you to know I was touched by your story.
Thank you for the greetings and words of comfort.

We too tend to try to use humor. When he is trying to get away with something he says,"I'm going to pull the C card". Seriously?!
(But it actually helps us manage when things get a little scary).
I've learned, every person and every family handles things differently and whatever works for them is fine.

I'll tell him you like pins, he doesn't think I'm enthusiastic enough!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom