Trip Report We're going to Disney and this old lady is gonna party!

Hi all, I have the unexpected joy of being able to write (my second ever), (pre)trip report because I'm getting old!

I wrote my first report from our August trip when we got to preview GE as AP before it opened to the public. I thought it would be the only report I got to write till November of 2020 when my husband wants to go back and have a big family trip with all in attendance.

Well I woke up this morning and realized 🤔 I will be 60 in 2 weeks and had no plans for the big day!
So after only about 5 minutes of badgering, my husband agreed a quick, down and dirty trip to celebrate my birthday was in order!

Who will be going?
Just the 3 of us from August-(yes it was Halloween in August). :rolleyes:
Youngest kid Seth, myself Cindy and husband Gary.
IMG_4085.JPG

Not attending my birthday blowout is my daughter Aleisha and new son-in-law Julio, as they just got back from honeymooning in France 3 days ago!
Sorry blurry pic of them in their wedding finery, and what I call my (grandthing) Queen Hera!
IMG_5697.PNG

When-we will be there Nov 20-Nov 22 (quick blitz for sure)! But, still very excited!

What I have so far is our room, we will be staying at the Boulder Ridge Villas, as that was the only thing available at late notice for us to use our DVC points. But, I was super excited today when initially I looked, I could only find a room for each night at 2 different resorts, and then an hour later, 2 consecutive nights opened up. We love Wilderness Lodge so that worked out great!

More details to come, hopefully, with some dining and FP bookings, wish me luck!

MickeyCB

Original Poster
‘Tis so.
Ohhhh so excited! (pretend you see a gif here of someone clapping hysterically since I don't know how to do that yet)!!👏
Happy Birthday.
I always say Disney Birthdays are the best birthdays!!!

Enjoy all of it!!!
Thank you!
This whole Disney mania started when I celebrated my 50th at Disney! Had a trip every few years before that, now a Disney nut!
So excited!

MickeyCB

Original Poster
This looks like fun! Following along. (P.S.: I love the dog in the wedding photo, by the way! :happy: )
Thanks, and Queen Hera is always the center of attention!
Hey, my birthday falls within the time you will be there! Sure wish I was going to be there!! Happy early birthday, and I hope you have a great trip!!
Happy early birthday to you too! And thanks!
Sounds like the best birthday party to me! Following!
So excited, and thanks for following along!

MickeyCB

Original Poster
Plan for day 1 is MK on arrival day. Our plane (if the travel gods are kind), will get into MCO at 12 noon.
The first thing I have is a reservation for the plaza at 2:50. (We've never eaten there).
I have 2 questions for anyone willing to answer. 1) do you think that's enough time for arrival, magic bus to WL and then over to MK for reservation? And 2nd is, my husband's only request for meals was "some kind of loaded fries", and I saw on the menu they had them. Are they decent, does anyone know? TIA.
Then decent FP's with SM, HM and BTMR.

Total aside here, but because I'm so excited about our trip I started working on this baby I bought myself after our last trip. I was waiting till closer to Christmas to pull it out but decided to treat myself early. (Never built a Lego in my life, even when the kids were little), now with the Disney ones available, I realize they are like 3D puzzles basically).
IMG_5917.JPG

My husband was not happy with the takeover (destruction) of the dining room to build this thing! I pulled the "it's my Birthday" card and he relented! 🤣
I will probably put it under the tree at Christmas.

krisri18

Plan for day 1 is MK on arrival day. Our plane (if the travel gods are kind), will get into MCO at 12 noon.
The first thing I have is a reservation for the plaza at 2:50. (We've never eaten there).
I have 2 questions for anyone willing to answer. 1) do you think that's enough time for arrival, magic bus to WL and then over to MK for reservation? And 2nd is, my husband's only request for meals was "some kind of loaded fries", and I saw on the menu they had them. Are they decent, does anyone know? TIA.
Then decent FP's with SM, HM and BTMR.

Total aside here, but because I'm so excited about our trip I started working on this baby I bought myself after our last trip. I was waiting till closer to Christmas to pull it out but decided to treat myself early. (Never built a Lego in my life, even when the kids were little), now with the Disney ones available, I realize they are like 3D puzzles basically).
View attachment 424112
My husband was not happy with the takeover (destruction) of the dining room to build this thing! I pulled the "it's my Birthday" card and he relented! 🤣
I will probably put it under the tree at Christmas.
The loaded fries are pretty good, nothing spectacular but they are tasty.
IMG_20190812_111750715.jpg

krisri18

Thanks for the info. Do you have any recommendations for other "loaded fries" on property that you think are better?
The only thing I'm trying to do is keep things geographical as we will only have a half day, on our first day.
Casey's Corner has specialty fries on the menu, I believe it's bacon mac and cheese right now. There's also the loaded tots at the River Roost over at Port Orleans Riverside or the loaded fries at Chicken Guy in Disney Springs, but if you only have a half day and you're planning on MK, then I'd stick with the Plaza or Casey's. Or you can just stick with the standard chili cheese fries over at Cosmic Ray's.

MickeyCB

Original Poster
Casey's Corner has specialty fries on the menu, I believe it's bacon mac and cheese right now. There's also the loaded tots at the River Roost over at Port Orleans Riverside or the loaded fries at Chicken Guy in Disney Springs, but if you only have a half day and you're planning on MK, then I'd stick with the Plaza or Casey's. Or you can just stick with the standard chili cheese fries over at Cosmic Ray's.
Thank you for the info. I think we will try the Plaza since we've never been there before. I saw some reviews stating that the green tomato sandwich is good, I'm going to try that.
And how funny is it, that our trip is 2 weeks away, and I am already deciding what I want to order right now?! Should make the waitresses job much easier!🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom