We're finally off...but what to pack?!

kirstenoel

So it's been 7 years since my last trip to WDW (although I've been to DLP several times in between.)
I booked my holiday yesterday and I'm so excited!
The thing is...what do I need to pack. Now I remember from previous years that these things are essential:
Comfortable footwear
Ponchos
Waterproof wallet for park passes, money etc whilst in water parks.
Suncream (and lots of it!)

Any other ideas?! We're traveling from the UK, staying at the All star Music Resort for 14 nights!

kirstenoel

Original Poster
August 27th - September 10th.
Super exciting! Although the last 2 times I visited with family and stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (which was just out of this world!) but I'm going with friends this year so we guessed the All Stars suited our budget a little better!

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

One of the most helpful things that I always take it a power strip for the room. It's great for charging phones, cameras and other electronics too! Have a great trip!!!:D

Upvote 0

Vtlsgns2

Awesome! Some things I can think of off the top of my head (assuming you are female for some of these :) )

-camera
-hat (I wear wide-brim; I think it is essential)
-cross-body bag (I like to be hands-free. Can wear it in the front, lightweight, fits essentials, non-bulky. LeSportsac makes good ones)
-sunglasses
-hair ties (if hair is long)
-travel-size anti-bacterial wipes (to wipe down remote control, etc. in hotel room) (don't judge me!)
-travel size hand sanitizer to bring to park

Will try to think of more :)

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

Well what an awesome time.

I think one thing is a power converter for your chargers..I know when I traveled overseas, I had to bring one..
If you are a gum chewer, bring plenty, for you can't find any on property.

That along with the essentials that everyone else had mentioned..

Patience, and your inner child and your good to go!!

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

Years ago my husband's family took all us "kids" (or at least we were kids then, haha,) on vacation and Christmas was just before we left, so my mother in law gave us all travel accessories as our gifts (as if the vacation wasn't enough!). Included in my gift was an earlier version of this, which LL Bean still sells: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/64447?feat=203-GN1

I cannot tell you how much use I've gotten out of that little wallet in WDW. I load it up with a bit of cash, my room key, park passes, ID, and then I don't have to carry a purse. It can be worn across the chest so you don't have to hold anything and it weighs almost nothing so it's not annoying to tote around. Obviously if you're doing a full park day without taking a break you might want more storage but when we'd do an EMH night or just a few hours during the day, this thing was perfect.

These days I have to think about things like diaper bags, snacks, etc, but back when I was in my late teens/early 20s and touring the parks, more often than not I would just take this with me.

Upvote 0
Don't get crazy with clothing. Try to pack enough day clothes for about 4 days and do laundry while you are there. There are a lot of great sites out there with packing lists so Google them. (not sure if I can mention them here). Pck clothes pins for hanging wet suits, an over the door shoe organizer is great for toiletries. This way you will have lots of sink counter space. Try to take travel size things that you can toss when packing to go home.

Things I always bring.....Purex laundry sheets, ziplox, garbage bag for laundry, Hand sanitizer, anti bac wipes for the room ( yes I do hit the door knobs and sink....I'm little nutty after the swine flu hit a few years ago), stain stick, an extra memory card for my camera, band aids, cuticle scissors.........

Have fun. You will probably be over prepared when all is said and done.

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Purex all in one laundry sheets are fantastic. I agree about not overdoing it on the clothes. I do the same thing as LuvMyLatte, and do about 4 days plus a sleep outfit and swimwear. I pack Purex all in one laundry sheets in a ziplock and do laundry every 3 - 4 days. Works out great.

I bring cloth bags (like you can get at a grocery store) for my laundry, and hang them on the hangers when I get there.

I certainly would pack a small first aid kid (band aids, bacitracin spray, tylonol, pepto, alka seltzer), as someone mentioned earlier.

Also, though already mentioned, a power strip and plug converters are a must.

I would also recommend:

1) Scissors / pocket knife / multi-tool (I take my Leatherman multi-tool...never know when you'll need it. It stays in the room, but it's nice to have around to open up souvanier packages, etc.)

2) Ponchos or foldable light rain jackets

3) A soft sided foldable duffle bag (for souvaniers going home)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom