Weight Loss Discussion

WildcatDen

Original Poster
Well, since it looks like the original Dr. Judd thread seems to be in mothballs, here is another chance to share, encourage, and offer tips for those struggling with their weight. I for one have been on a work sponsored Weight Watchers plan since July 15 and have lost 25 pounds to date. Does not sound like much when the contestants on "Biggest Loser" drop 15 to 20 a week.

I will say this, Weight Watchers seems to be the real deal. No fad diet, just portion control and understanding food point values. The program goes for another 6 weeks and I am setting a goal of another 10 pounds.

Good luck everyone.

Judd

sueuk

Well done!! Earlier this year there was a thread 'Dieting for Disney' and I said I wanted to lose 21 lbs before we travel. Well we go on Tuesday and I've lost 24lbs, so I'm really pleased.

maggiegrace1

That is awesome..Congrats!

As for the Biggest Loser..if you were in the gym for 10 hours a day like they were..you would lose that much also...:lol:

I would just love to have Jillian come yell at me the way she does to them and get my booty in gear..I have been slacking on the exercise lately..starting to pick it up again though..I want to start running again.

I also usually eat pretty good...not a lot of fried food and sweets and snacks...unless there is cake around..:eek:;)

Good Luck and keep up the great work!..:D

Congrats to you also Sue..that is wonderful..:)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well, since it looks like the original Dr. Judd thread seems to be in mothballs, here is another chance to share, encourage, and offer tips for those struggling with their weight. I for one have been on a work sponsored Weight Watchers plan since July 15 and have lost 25 pounds to date. Does not sound like much when the contestants on "Biggest Loser" drop 15 to 20 a week.

I will say this, Weight Watchers seems to be the real deal. No fad diet, just portion control and understanding food point values. The program goes for another 6 weeks and I am setting a goal of another 10 pounds.

Good luck everyone.

Judd
This one of the bad things about biggest looser. Like most TV shows things are taken to extremes and when that extreme becomes the precieved norm people become discouraged when their results don't live up to an almost impossible standard. For 90% of the population a wight loss of one to two pounds a week are very good results.

Keep up the good work!

tigsmom

We revive Dr Judd every once in awhile. :lol: I'm a lifetime member of WW which has worked out to be a good thing, if ya know what I mean :lookaroun

Nothing is forbidden, it's just that some choices are better than others...everything in Moderation and MOVE!!!

Moving, that's the part that gets me every time. :eek:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I have recently been thinking about actively trying to lose weight again. My eating habits have gotten kind of out of control. On Tuesday I am going to head to WW and sign up...again. I have done it many times in the past and it always works. The next step is to find a way to maintain it!

minnie2000

I desperately want to lose weight. I wasn't overweight until my two pregnancies - now I just can't seem to lose it. Every time I make a real effort, I end up putting weight on. I don't eat a lot, or unhealthily, but admittedly I don't do enough exercise - I need to change that. :brick:

We are going to WDW in December. I am going to try to lose at least a stone by then.

Good luck everyone.

Judd

Well done!! Earlier this year there was a thread 'Dieting for Disney' and I said I wanted to lose 21 lbs before we travel. Well we go on Tuesday and I've lost 24lbs, so I'm really pleased.

Oh wow! Congrats to both!! :sohappy:
I've been *trying* to lose weight. Not doing Weight Watcher or any type of special diet. I just go walk/run on a treadmill and/or elliptical machine. Sometimes I play with WiiFit at home. I am also trying to do the potion control... It's hard. Really. I love to eat. :slurp: When we eat out my hubby and I usually share a meal and get an extra salad or soup or appetizer.
It seems that Weight Watcher works well with many of you. I may have to look into that. Can I have some ice cream with Weight Watcher? :slurp:

Although I am trying exercising and eat less, it doesn't seem like I am losing weight... :lookaroun I guess I need to work harder... I am hoping to lose 20 lbs before our trip in December...

I have one question about exercising: How often do you exercise every week? How long a day? What do you do (treadmill, elliptical machine, weights, aerobics, kickboxing, etc etc)?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Since around this time last year Ive lost 5 1/2 stone in old money or 77Lbs in the colonies. 6lb to go and thats me done I think.

disneypearl

That is awesome..Congrats!

As for the Biggest Loser..if you were in the gym for 10 hours a day like they were..you would lose that much also...:lol:

I would just love to have Jillian come yell at me the way she does to them and get my booty in gear..I have been slacking on the exercise lately..starting to pick it up again though..I want to start running again.

I also usually eat pretty good...not a lot of fried food and sweets and snacks...unless there is cake around..:eek:;)

Good Luck and keep up the great work!..:D

Congrats to you also Sue..that is wonderful..:)

If someone were to yell at me I would rather have it be Bob :eek: :animwink:

I would love to lose some weight before my next trip to WDW. I am not sure when I am going back but I am thinking December. That gives me some time but I just need to get started.

sueuk

Oh wow! Congrats to both!! :sohappy:
I've been *trying* to lose weight. Not doing Weight Watcher or any type of special diet. I just go walk/run on a treadmill and/or elliptical machine. Sometimes I play with WiiFit at home. I am also trying to do the potion control... It's hard. Really. I love to eat. :slurp: When we eat out my hubby and I usually share a meal and get an extra salad or soup or appetizer.
It seems that Weight Watcher works well with many of you. I may have to look into that. Can I have some ice cream with Weight Watcher? :slurp:

Although I am trying exercising and eat less, it doesn't seem like I am losing weight... :lookaroun I guess I need to work harder... I am hoping to lose 20 lbs before our trip in December...

I have one question about exercising: How often do you exercise every week? How long a day? What do you do (treadmill, elliptical machine, weights, aerobics, kickboxing, etc etc)?

I don't exercise enough (I'm built for comfort - not speed!!); but in my defence - I work 3 12.5 hour shifts a week and I'm on my feet for most of that time, so apart from occasionally walking the dog and a doing bit of gardening, that's me done. I'm doing the Slimming World plan, but not going to the classes, just with the girls at work, and I've lost the weight at around 1lb a week - slow but sure. When we go for a meal or we've been away for a few days, I just eat what I want, that way I've never felt really as if I'm dieting.

wdwhoneymooner

Losing weight: the never ending story (for some). I recently lost 30 pounds but have regained about 5 of it. I plan on losing another 15 or so before our Disney Cruise in November.

When I was 13 or 14 I tipped the scales @ 240. My pediatrician said to me, "If you keep this up, you'll have a heart attack before you turn 30". Scared the cr@p out of me and I began a drastic change in life style. I lost 60 pounds in 6 months and eventually lost 95 pounds in 18 months. But as middle-age set it, the old girth started to spread. So here I am doing it again.......

But it can be done.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
That is fantastic - I bet you feel fabulous! Well done.

Thank you, biggest problem is clothes, I havent been this size since the early 90s.

The challenge now is to get my eldest to follow suit, unlike her sisters she has my metabolism, even to the extent Ive told her I wont "give here away" unless she sorts herself out. Shes lost 17lb already.

Tough Love :animwink

As for your success, I agree after my initial first few weeks of big drops + 4lb I was at 1 - 2 lb, for me now its more lifestyle.

Debbie

I've always struggled with my weight. The older I get it seems impossible. However in dealing with my recent heartbreak; I began to walk. 5 days a week I walk 4.5 miles---every morning before I do anything else. I feel so much better and it really does help to relieve stress. I crank up my MP3 and hit it. I also find success with a low carb-hi protein diet. I find I don't get hungry as often and I have more energy, sleep better, and don't want to smoke as much.
Next week I want to incorporate my elliptical into my day and start a good ab workout. Hopefully, I will soon be a brickhouse!
Anybody try BodyPump? I heard it's a great workout?

WildcatDen

Original Poster
Can I have some ice cream with Weight Watcher? :slurp:

First, Yes you can have ice cream. Everything in weight watchers has a point value. Just 'make room' in your daily points. That is what I really like about this program. Nothing is truly "Off Limits".

As for the exercise, to date I have been concentrating mostly on the food intake. I have increased my mobility but have not started a regimented exercise program yet. When I do, it will be walking outside, treadmill, and light weight lifting. I also have some older Tae Bo videos I may dust off.

Good luck.

And Pumba - That is awesome. Good luck in getting to your goal.

lumpydj

Congrats to WildcatDen, SueUK, Pumbas, and all others who are winning the weight war! :sohappy: I've been on Weight Watchers since the beginning of the year and have lost 31+ lbs so far. I'm taking it slow so I can find a way to live with the new lifestyle. I want to lose another 20 lbs before I'm at goal - but I'm taking it slow.

I started to plateau a little so I've added some exercise to my routine. For the last 6 weeks, I've been working out at least 3 times a week doing resistance training (min 2x a week) and jogging/walking on the treadmill. My workouts take me about 45 minutes. And in Weight Watcher's lingo - I get between 3 and 5 activity points each time I work out. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom