Weekly Movie Night(s)

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I want to first start off by saying I truly believe our sub-forum is the greatest one here on Magic. I love our conversations and our regulars here. And best of all, I love that we connect based on our mutual adoration for Disneyland. I’ve been here for almost a decade (yikes) and you guys and gals continue make it fun for me to return every year. I consider many of you my friends.

I’d like to share with you a common activity I like to do with my real-world friends and open it up for the opportunity here with my online Disneyland friends, and that’s movie nights. Considering the times we’re currently living in, community is greatly valued, even online ones.

I’d like to propose we watch a movie or two a week together. I assume some of us have Disney+ and/or other streaming services (I have multiple ones). It doesn’t have to be a Disney film all the time. We could offer a list of choices and vote on which one(s) we will watch for the week. I think this would be a fun and safe way to connect outside of our sub-forum. We’d watch the films according to PST (Pacific Standard Time)

If any are interested, let me know what streaming services you have. I have Disney+, Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. I also have cable and can stream things from major cable networks, like HBO and Showtime.

Let me know.

Tentative Move Lineup... We will be watching the films at 5PM PST. For longer films, the time may or may not change:

Movie lineup (this will continue to be updated):

3/27: Snow White (5:00 PM PST)
3/28: Roger Rabbit
3/29: Pinocchio

4/3: Pirates: Curse of the Black Pearl (TTBD)
4/4: Aladdin
4/5: Mary Poppins

4/10: The Little Mermaid
4/11: Hunchback
4/12: Beauty and the Beast

4/17: Rescuers Down Under
4/18: Three Caballeros
4/19: Lady and the Tramp

4/24: Cinderella
4/25: Tarzan
4/26: Lion King

Last edited:

Communicora

Premium Member
I want to first start off by saying I truly believe our sub-forum is the greatest one here on Magic. I love our conversations and our regulars here. And best of all, I love that we connect based on our mutual adoration for Disneyland. I’ve been here for almost a decade (yikes) and you guys and gals continue make it fun for me to return every year. I consider many of you my friends.

I’d like to share with you a common activity I like to do with my real-world friends and open it up for the opportunity here with my online Disneyland friends, and that’s movie nights. Considering the times we’re currently living in, community is greatly valued, even online ones.

I’d like to propose we watch a movie or two a week together. I assume some of us have Disney+ and/or other streaming services (I have multiple ones). It doesn’t have to be a Disney film all the time. We could offer a list of choices and vote on which one(s) we will watch for the week. I think this would be a fun and safe way to connect outside of our sub-forum. We’d watch the films according to PST (Pacific Standard Time)

If any are interested, let me know what streaming services you have. I have Disney+, Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. I also have cable and can stream things from major cable networks, like HBO and Showtime.

Let me know.
I love this idea and have the same services you do other than the cable networks.

Magic Feather

Recently I learned about the "Netflix Party" extension on Google Chrome, which sounds like it would be great for something like this. Basically, it allows for a group to be synced to the same time on a Netflix program with a chat function too. It has been a great resource for my friends and I during the quarantine.

mickEblu

Let me know.

Nice idea! I have all of these except Showtime and Hulu but I’ll subscribe if it’s worth it. With that said, I hardly watch TV or any of the streaming services I have.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Recently I learned about the "Netflix Party" extension on Google Chrome, which sounds like it would be great for something like this. Basically, it allows for a group to be synced to the same time on a Netflix program with a chat function too. It has been a great resource for my friends and I during the quarantine.

I’d be interested in this!

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Are we planning on discussing the films on here after watching them? Especially the ones that directly relate to Disneyland? Could provide welcome relief from the "When will they reopen" conversation we've been having.

I was thinking we could comment on the films while we watch. Of course we could have full discussions after the films here as well. That would be fun.

I’m quite over the “reopen” conversation as well. It’s gotten exhausting.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Pinocchio will be added to the list. :)
Start a list and then start scheduling. Maybe since there are a lot of Disney films to choose from you can do two times a week. People can join if their schedules match.

Now if we really want to do a watch party it should be on a service that can allow for live interactions. So something like a Zoom or Skype session, and then all start the movie at the same time.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Start a list and then start scheduling. Maybe since there are a lot of Disney films to choose from you can do two times a week. People can join if their schedules match.

Now if we really want to do a watch party it should be on a service that can allow for live interactions. So something like a Zoom or Skype session, and then all start the movie at the same time.

Yes, I’ve already started a mental schedule. Snow, then Roger, then Pinocchio. I agree that we can do two a week. I’m thinking we can start the first film this Friday.

A live interaction that includes faces will depend on everyone’s comfort levels with that lol.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yes, I’ve already started a mental schedule. Snow, then Roger, then Pinocchio. I agree that we can do two a week. I’m thinking we can start the first film this Friday.

A live interaction that includes faces will depend on everyone’s comfort levels with that lol.
Well remember you can still join, interact, and not turn on the video, services like Zoom and Skype allow that. My company uses Zoom for web conferencing, so I'm familiar with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom