Weekend Anniversary Trip booked and ready to go!

Auroragirl

Well... where do I start?

My husband and I were planning on surprising our girls with a trip to WDW in September. But just the other day my DD8 says to me "So what are you doing for your honeymoon?" (she says that instead of anniversary)... and I said that we'll probably just stay close to home. And she tells me that it would be cool if we could go back to Disney and have a "Honeymoon Anniversary". I told her it would be fun, but what would we do with them (her and her sister, DD3). So, she thinks for a minute or two and tells me "You can go to Disney without us, only if you go for your anniversary, then I'm ok with that. But you just can't go for any other day just to go, only for your anniversary" :lol:

It only took my husband about 2.4 seconds to say "OK, lets go without them".... me, on the other hand, took alittle longer.

After going back and forth about it (like a hundred times) we decided that it really is time for an Anniversary Trip - the one we've 'planned' pretty much every year since we got married, but just never took. And now that we have our daughters blessing (lol)....

An anniversary trip it is!!! :sohappy: August 10 -13!!!

We did all our dining reservations too....

Wednesday: dinner - California Grill (hoping to get to see Wishes! too)
Thursday: breakfast - Grand Floridian Cafe
dinner - Chefs de' France
Friday: breakfast - Kona Cafe
dinner - Crystal Palace (the same place we dined at during our honeymoon 10 years earlier!!!)
Saturday: breakfast - Olivia's Cafe (the hubs wants the shrimp and conch eggs benedict; that pretty much the only reason we booked here! lol)
dinner - Yachtsman Steakhouse

Can't wait!!! I'm really excited!! :)

Mukta

I was reading through your dinner choices and thinking 'those sound so familiar'. Then I realized I just read your husband's post. :ROFLOL:

Have a wonderful trip!

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

I was reading through your dinner choices and thinking 'those sound so familiar'. Then I realized I just read your husband's post. :ROFLOL:

Have a wonderful trip!
That's so funny... I just did the same thing. I was confused for a sec.
We are going the 13-21 and celebrating our anniversary too! We will have the kiddos though, but will be enjoying a special Cal Grill dinner date. Can't wait. Your ADRs look great!

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

We are also going to Disney March 26th thru March 28th. On March 27th we will be celebrating our 40th Wedding Anniversary. Just the two of us. We have reservations for the Grand Floridian Cafe for our anniversary dinner. Its our favorite place. We are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. We live in Florida and come to Disney a few times every year. What a great place to go for a getaway any time!
Poofie

Upvote 0

Auroragirl

Original Poster
Yes and you may just get a great offer while you are down there for booking that next trip with them!

That's what we are hoping!!

We are also going to Disney March 26th thru March 28th. On March 27th we will be celebrating our 40th Wedding Anniversary. Just the two of us. We have reservations for the Grand Floridian Cafe for our anniversary dinner. Its our favorite place. We are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. We live in Florida and come to Disney a few times every year. What a great place to go for a getaway any time!
Poofie

40 Years!?!?!?! CONGRATS! :) :sohappy:

Love it!! I think you're being generous with the 2.4 seconds. :ROFLOL:

Yes, I was being generous.... it was probably like .8 or 1 second... and Jon was ready to leave at that moment... lol :lol:

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

So where will you be staying??? That is so awesome the girls are ok with this! Yeah it would have took me about 2 seconds to book the trip as well!:lol:

Upvote 0

mousefreak

My wife and I did the same thing this past January. Our 15th "honeymoon" was December 2nd, but my job would not allow me to go at that time. We went January 3-6. We stayed cheap at POP and my flight was free, thanks to frequent flyer miles. We went to MK just one day. It was a great trip! Enjoy your "honeymoon".

Upvote 0

lbrad

DH & I went to POFQ in Nov.2008 for our 20th wedding anniversary...
we had a blast!!!! DD still can't believe we went without her...so we are going in July & she (and DS) have been invited to join us:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Auroragirl

Original Poster
My wife and I did the same thing this past January. Our 15th "honeymoon" was December 2nd, but my job would not allow me to go at that time. We went January 3-6. We stayed cheap at POP and my flight was free, thanks to frequent flyer miles. We went to MK just one day. It was a great trip! Enjoy your "honeymoon".

Congrats!!!
We also can't go right for our anniversary, which is June 3... So it's alittle belated. But I don't mind!!!!!!
We also are staying at POP with a two day park pass.

DH & I went to POFQ in Nov.2008 for our 20th wedding anniversary...
we had a blast!!!! DD still can't believe we went without her...so we are going in July & she (and DS) have been invited to join us:ROFLOL:

Yeah our DD has made sure that it's only for our 'honeymoon' and that's it lol..... She knows about next years family vacation so I think that helps too.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom