weddings at WDW

dsnyfreak

Original Poster
anyone ever get married at wdw? I'm planning a wedding but I haven't decided if I want to do it at wdw or in my home town.

Cynderella

We unfortunatly couldn't get married in Disney ( We did get engaged though!) but I would have LOVED to. If you go to disneyweddings.com there is information there. Also if you are going to honeymoon there as well, you can register at disneyhoneymoonregistry.com. We did that for our honeymoon and it was great because your guests can give you monetary gifts to use toward your honeymoon and you can use it anywhere on the property. Congrats and good luck!

nolatron

My wife and I were married last year at WDW at the Polynesian (engaged the prior year at the Boardwalk). We opted for a small, not super fancy, wedding at WDW. We didn't want to deal with all the hassle and stress weddings typically bring. We couldn't have had a more happier day in our lives.

The cost depends on the type of ceremony. We had an "Intimate" wedding (now called an "Escape") with only the parents and brothers/sisters, and I believe the total cost was around $4,000.

k.hunter30

Follow this link to ready alot about Disney weddings:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104

And yes I had a Disney wedding and it was incredible........if you have the $$ to do it it is worth every penny.

Ready my wedding story in the link in my signature.
When you say "if you have the $$ to do it," how much is "$$$?"
I realize this will vary greatly, but on average, how much for at least 20 people? Or AT LEAST how much? I'm interested in comapring it to what we spent.

TheBeatles

I hope to get married there.

My neighbors son got married at WDW and he told me it was a blast. Everyone had a really good time.

I saw a TV show about Disney Weddings and when Mickey and Minnie showed up at the reception I had the biggest smile on my face. I wish that would happen to me. :)

nolatron

When you say "if you have the $$ to do it," how much is "$$$?"
I realize this will vary greatly, but on average, how much for at least 20 people? Or AT LEAST how much? I'm interested in comparing it to what we spent.

If you go with all the bells and whistles, it can easily run up to over $25-30K. The *minimum* cost of a custom Wishes wedding is $10K during the low season, and $20 or $25K during the busy season depending on the day of the week! :eek:

Then there's the matter of whether or not you're gonna pay for your guest' accommodations. Some do, some don't. We didn't have to luckily. Parents++ :)

If you want a small, simple ceremony with 18 guests, the Escape Package (formerly Intimate) is the way to go. They start at $4,000 and that includes everything, except the officiant and his fee. I think our only added expense to the package itself was a 2nd bottle of "Fairy Tale Cuvee".

k.hunter30

If you go with all the bells and whistles, it can easily run up to over $25-30K. The *minimum* cost of a custom Wishes wedding is $10K during the low season, and $20 or $25K during the busy season depending on the day of the week! :eek:

Then there's the matter of whether or not you're gonna pay for your guest' accommodations. Some do, some don't. We didn't have to luckily. Parents++ :)

If you want a small, simple ceremony with 18 guests, the Escape Package (formerly Intimate) is the way to go. They start at $4,000 and that includes everything, except the officiant and his fee. I think our only added expense to the package itself was a 2nd bottle of "Fairy Tale Cuvee".
Yikes!

dsnyfreak

Original Poster
wow:eek: that doesn't even cover food, drink, location, dresses, tuxes, etc.!!thanks. I think we will stick to a smaller affair.:sohappy:

palmage

My neice was married at the Yacht Club, it was fantastic.

One night there were some drunkin loose lips and my brother told me he spent 27 grand on the wedding not counting rooms.

disneycouple

wow:eek: that doesn't even cover food, drink, location, dresses, tuxes, etc.!!thanks. I think we will stick to a smaller affair.:sohappy:
10 k covers the wedding, transport, food,etc. the thing is you have to spend at least 10 k. try the Disney wedding site. we are in the process of getting ours together now. its September of next year.

awalkinthepark

Engaged in front of the castle...married in WDW the following year...this was back in 2001....we were able to do an intimate ceremony for 8 guests at Sunset Point at the Polynesian , a 4 day stay with a balcony/castle view of the castle and a 3 day cruise(category 6 balcony) for right around 5k...feeding everyone else was extra(Luau) and we paid separately for the photographer...we were living in MA at that time and having the wedding at WDW was easier for our parents who were already living down here ...otherwise hubby's dad could not travel to see us.

It was easy....neither one of us had the time to plan a wedding...checking off what we wanted on the form and faxing it in was perfect for us......worst part was finding a dress.

dianenicolexox

I would so get married in WDW! It's my dream to get married there. It's just such a magical place where good things always occur.. so why not add some extra magic to a wedding lol. :)

jajt6106

We had our 15 year Vow Renewal at Disney in 2006 and it was absolutely my "dream wedding". Our group was about 40 people and we used an in-park location for the reception. Budget that we paid to Disney was around $13K, which included transportation for the wedding events, all the food, characters, floral, DJ, etc.

sweetpee_1993

We had our 15 year Vow Renewal at Disney in 2006 and it was absolutely my "dream wedding". Our group was about 40 people and we used an in-park location for the reception. Budget that we paid to Disney was around $13K, which included transportation for the wedding events, all the food, characters, floral, DJ, etc.

This year is our 15th. We couldn't have a big wedding back when we first took the plunge. I've never been to a school dance, prom, anything that I'd have to dress like a princess for. Just once I'd like to be the princess. Your brief description of your renewal sounded like the perfect fantasy. :)

PrincessK

We did back in August 2006. We did an intimate wedding at the Polynesian with only 15 guests. Including the air fare, hotel, 8 days there at the Polynesian and all the wedding "stuff," it was about 5K. Totally worth it!

We had our wedding reception dinner at Le Cellier and they were incredible to us! We paid for that for our guests, but everyone else paid their own way for the rest of the trip. It was the best thing I could have ever done and I wouldn't change a thing. In fact, it brought our families closer together, and since then, our families have spent every holiday together. It's not "mine" and "yours." It's "ours."

I'd recommend it in a second.

mas

Vow Renewal

Would love to do a vow renewal at Disney World! We spent 2 days of our honeymoon in 1975 at the Contemporary Resort.

Maybe for our 35th! It will probably be just us, Mickey, and a couple of relatives (4 or so).

wdwmomof3

I hope that one, or all:lol:, of my three children gets married at Disney. I would love to see that! It is so beautiful there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom