WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure to use Virtual Queue

fctiger

Are the webs color-coded? I can't tell cause it looks so busy. How can you differentiate your webs from the other riders?

Someone told me a week ago apparently your group does have different color webs, but even they said things move so frantically you still can get confused.

CM.X777

Are the webs color-coded? I can't tell cause it looks so busy. How can you differentiate your webs from the other riders?

Yes the webs are color coded, and it was easy for my group to all tell where we were aiming. This was probably in large part due to how accurate the hand tracking is.

Also this video is a kind of bad example of the ride experience, as the on-board vehicle audio is not working.

Anjin

This looks okay as a Midway Mania 2.0. I like Spider-Man, so I'm interested in giving it a try. Hopefully Monday. I liked the conceit of the ride taking you through the Avengers Campus.

Considering that Marvel likes to tie their properties together, it's too bad the Tower scene didn't have you break out Rocket as a lead in to the GOTG ride.

Old Mouseketeer

I rank ROTR pretty low as an E Ticket at DLR but it's clearly better than the MF ride, which is little more than an Xbox game with some nice sets once you're in the MF and past the boring waiting line full of rusty junk. Smugglers Run is bottom of the barrel. It seems like SW would have been better suited as one attraction, not a massive expansion of DL. Just combine elements of MF (mainly the MF itself, which is a photo op) with ROTR overall experience and increase capacity so it has enough throughput that people can line up for it.

ROTR is just too sterile overall and it has not managed to make it on my list of Must-Dos unless I was with someone who never went on it. In the end, it can never compete with classics like POTC, HM, BTM, SM, Matterhorn and the DCA Bread Factory.

On the topic of Avengers, they're obviously just doing the same thing as SW. Open a land with a D Ticket posing as an E Ticket as well as a preexisting ride in the park, and mainly shopping and dining until the mysterious E Ticket opens, if it ever does.

I think you have hit on something (even though I LOVE RotR). When I saw SW Ep. 4 on opening night they had a blow up of the LA Times review outside. One of the take-away quotes was that this was a "lived-in" outer space compared to the sanitized environments of the past 25 years (Star Trek, 2001). Yes, we got a snootful of "lived-in" in Galaxy's Edge, including the queue for RotR. But part of what we remember in SW4 was the garbage chute.

Old Mouseketeer

I'm seeing reviews on TV now, so here's my review (I was the guest of a CM last week and we were supposed to embargo until tomorrow). I like the environment of AC. The big Avenger's building is gorgeous, even in daylight when all you see are Avengers posing and gesturing on the balcony. It's even better at night when the Quinn Jet is lit up. I can't wait to see the stunt show.

We saw the Dora Milaje march through the area and demonstrate fight poses with their spears. I love that they added the leader, Okoye, and her golden armor. She was wearing a wireless mic, but we didn't see show elements that required it. I love the Doras--I hear that the Disneyland costumer (NOT Florida) was able to use some of the vendors from the movie and wasn't required to use the lowest priced vendor so that's why the beading is so fantastic.

The Sanctum garden is beautiful and I look forward to seeing Dr. Strange (his costume is one of my fave Marvel costumes--the pics of the Sanctum CMs look like they have a lot of great detail). The themeing of the WEB building is wonderful. We could see a tech covering up what appeared to be mini-trampolines up on the balcony, so I can't wait to see Spidey (and Spidey-bot) jumping around up there.

The Pym tasting bar was a disappointment--after mobile-ordering our drinks it was over half an hour after our reservation time before we were called. But I loved the boba balls.

The Spidey ride is great fun--I like it better than either TSMM and Buzz (even DL version--the WDW fixed guns suck). I can't wait to have more practice on it. I was blown away by how good the motion detection tech works. I had no trouble following my color webs. I love TSMM and Buzz and I never get tired of riding them, especially with my younger relatives. I have nieces and nephews I can't wait to ride WEB with.

I think I like the scale of this land more than Galaxy's Edge, which doesn't live up to the size of it. Although I like Blue/Green Milk and Docking Bay Seven, I feel more satisfied at AC. I think the Imagineers may have learned from their mistakes in SWGE. I feel like AC has several times more live entertainment for the size. I think it potentially has more life. However, we'll have to see how long it lasts under the budget. We know how live entertainment can be eliminated for budget problems (Red Car News Boys).

Overall, I enjoyed AC and WEB. I look forward to seeing the full live components (and I was a DC kid, not Marvel). I look forward to hearing other's opinions in the weeks to come.

Disney Analyst

I'm seeing reviews on TV now, so here's my review (I was the guest of a CM last week and we were supposed to embargo until tomorrow). I like the environment of AC. The big Avenger's building is gorgeous, even in daylight when all you see are Avengers posing and gesturing on the balcony. It's even better at night when the Quinn Jet is lit up. I can't wait to see the stunt show.

We saw the Dora Milaje march through the area and demonstrate fight poses with their spears. I love that they added the leader, Okoye, and her golden armor. She was wearing a wireless mic, but we didn't see show elements that required it. I love the Doras--I hear that the Disneyland costumer (NOT Florida) was able to use some of the vendors from the movie and wasn't required to use the lowest priced vendor so that's why the beading is so fantastic.

The Sanctum garden is beautiful and I look forward to seeing Dr. Strange (his costume is one of my fave Marvel costumes--the pics of the Sanctum CMs look like they have a lot of great detail). The themeing of the WEB building is wonderful. We could see a tech covering up what appeared to be mini-trampolines up on the balcony, so I can't wait to see Spidey (and Spidey-bot) jumping around up there.

The Pym tasting bar was a disappointment--after mobile-ordering our drinks it was over half an hour after our reservation time before we were called. But I loved the boba balls.

The Spidey ride is great fun--I like it better than either TSMM and Buzz (even DL version--the WDW fixed guns suck). I can't wait to have more practice on it. I was blown away by how good the motion detection tech works. I had no trouble following my color webs. I love TSMM and Buzz and I never get tired of riding them, especially with my younger relatives. I have nieces and nephews I can't wait to ride WEB with.

I think I like the scale of this land more than Galaxy's Edge, which doesn't live up to the size of it. Although I like Blue/Green Milk and Docking Bay Seven, I feel more satisfied at AC. I think the Imagineers may have learned from their mistakes in SWGE. I feel like AC has several times more live entertainment for the size. I think it potentially has more life. However, we'll have to see how long it lasts under the budget. We know how live entertainment can be eliminated for budget problems (Red Car News Boys).

Overall, I enjoyed AC and WEB. I look forward to seeing the full live components (and I was a DC kid, not Marvel). I look forward to hearing other's opinions in the weeks to come.

Thanks for sharing, nice to hear some thoughts from someone who has actually been on the ground and experienced it.

CaptinEO

Thanks for the review and I'm happy you had a great time. I'm still nervous about if the entertainment will stay or if it was only for previews (like what happened with GE).

I am also glad the land didnt need some huge footprint.

Californian Elitist

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Appreciate the review from your point of view even though I don't agree with your taste in rides. But a solid review.

Old Mouseketeer

Appreciate the review from your point of view even though I don't agree with your taste in rides. But a solid review.
But I'm always right! I'm on the interwebs--everybody knows this. (Ooops, I've been hanging out with my narcissist brother).

Thanks for appreciating the review. I'm a big old Disney geek and I absolutely get that people appreciate different rides. My own likes have changed over time.

But what's your worst Disney attraction?

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

But I'm always right! I'm on the interwebs--everybody knows this. (Ooops, I've been hanging out with my narcissist brother).

Thanks for appreciating the review. I'm a big old Disney geek and I absolutely get that people appreciate different rides. My own likes have changed over time.

But what's your worst Disney attraction?
It might be Web Slingers now lol

DavidDL

On the bright side.. maybe this means Rise of the Resistance will be a little easier to snag for the Summer? I haven't even seen a ride-thru of web-slingers yet but I'd be willing to put money on Rise being the more worth it of the two.

CaptinEO

I can't imagine paying for a ticket for opening day and not being able to go. Hopefully after Covid Disney does away with virtual queues.

As it stands their hands are tied as they can't do a giant physical line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom