WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure to use Virtual Queue

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Calling all recruits! To experience WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure, Guests are required to join the virtual queue, only accessible via the Disneyland mobile app. Distribution times for virtual queue enrollment are daily, 7:00 AM and 12:00 PM. In order to give as many Guests as possible the opportunity to sling webs alongside Spider-Man, each Guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.

Starting the Day at Disney California Adventure Park
Guests with a valid ticket and theme park reservation, who will start their day at Disney California Adventure Park, can access the virtual queue system via the Disneyland app and check for an available boarding group starting at 7:00 AM on the day of their park reservation. Guests who were unable to join a boarding at that time may check for an available boarding group beginning at 12:00 PM. This can be done before you leave your hotel, home, or wherever else you may be at that time. You’ll need to have park tickets linked to your Disney account and applicable theme park reservations.

Starting the Day at Disney California Adventure Park or Disneyland Park (with a Park Hopper Ticket)
To access the virtual queue opportunity beginning at 12:00 PM, Guests must have a valid ticket and park reservation, and have entered Disney California Adventure Park, or Disneyland Park with a Park Hopper ticket, by noon. Guests beginning their day at Disneyland Park may then enter Disney California Adventure Park with their Park Hopper ticket after 1:00 PM for their boarding group, as applicable.

You’ll receive a push notification via the Disneyland app if your group is called to return. You’ll have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure.

The only way to experience WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure is with valid admission into Disney California Adventure Park and via the virtual queue. No standby lines are available. Access to a boarding group is subject to availability and not guaranteed. Distribution times are subject to change or cancellation.

Joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure. Guests may only enter a virtual queue once per day for each attraction, and may not hold a boarding group for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure at the same time."

ToTBellHop

If you get a BG for Spidey or Rise, better hope your BG is called by noon or you have no hope of riding the other...

But, I get that this is a way to increase your chances of riding one of them.

DavidDL

Oh man.. I failed miserably last time I tried to get a RotR BG. I guess this means I'll need to brace for the possibility that I won't be able to ride this new attraction our upcoming June 19th trip. :(

Curious Constance

Hmmmmm I don’t know how I feel about this. Not being able to have a virtual queue for both ROTR and SM seems like BS. But, yes, that might make it easier to get whichever one you choose for the day. Hmmmmmmm I guess since I’m going for a week, that’s good for me. But bad for someone with one day park hoppers. I still wish there was a stand by option so someone who absolutely has to experience both in one day could choose to wait, even if that meant they wait hours.

Last edited:

DavidDL

... I still wish there was a stand by option so someone who’s absolutely got to experience both in one day could choose to wait, even if that meant they wait hours.

I agree with this. Back in 2010 when Wizarding World opened in Orlando, my brother and I told ourselves, "Look, we know it's probably going to be an 8 hour wait or whatever, but that's why we're here. It's why we flew across the country. We'll wait it if we have to." At least in this way, the choice is in our hands. We could have used that time to do other things but we spent the money and willingly went with whatever wait there'd be for Potter.

Thankfully, we didn't wait that long. But we would have. -and my wife and I would do the same for this Spider-man attraction. Especially being locals and having experienced everything else, already.

I know Disney isn't accepting out of state visitors but I can't even imagine someday flying in and then being denied entry to a new, highly advertised attraction because you didn't win a lottery. If that had happened to our 2010 Orlando trip, the entire visit would have been soured and had a dark cloud cast over it (not to say SM will be as good, but, you get the idea).

Californian Elitist

LMAO.
CB37FFBD-7C70-4732-94E2-3EFFFCB114CF.jpeg

CaptinEO

I'd show up if CA got a version of the Amazing Adventures of Spiderman. No thanks for a shooter ride in a park that already has a shooter ride.

Web Slingerz!

D.Silentu

This is a rough debut for the Spiderman ride. I presume this is being done for social distancing reasons, rather than capacity issues. However, if that is the case then what becomes of the preshow? Will the ride premier without it? I had thought that distancing concerns would be more relaxed as the state will be dropping most restrictions a mere ten days after Marvel Land opens.

As for the notion that you can only hold a reservation for either Spiderman or Rise Of The Resistance, I hope this is a breaking point. Fans, like ourselves and others, should not let this change slip by quietly. The lottery was an ugly idea to begin with, but now we are being asked to pay full price, choose which experience we'll have to miss that trip, and then cross our fingers that we can get a boarding group for the experience we want. Not to mention, at this point most people haven't ridden either. I hate to think they believe this is a procedure that could be applied to future rides. There has to be a better way to handle this and, while I suspect it's temporary, it is important that our dissatisfaction with this policy is expressed outside of these forums.

Last edited:

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
You can only have one at a time. If you still haven’t used the first by 12 pm, you are ineligible for the other.
Oops, didn't read the last paragraph and it was even bolded. That's what I get for trying to work and read message boards at the same time lol.

Dumbest rule ever, btw. I guess it's good I chose to alternate starting parks on my two days there.

ToTBellHop

Oops, didn't read the last paragraph and it was even bolded. That's what I get for trying to work and read message boards at the same time lol.

Dumbest rule ever, btw. I guess it's good I chose to alternate starting parks on my two days there.
It’s frustrating but necessary due to covid capacity constraints. I just hope it goes away once distancing and masks are actually gone (which won’t be 6/15 despite the Governor’s comments...”we will be completely back to normal except for these 13 types of activities that won’t be!”).

Curious Constance

It’s frustrating but necessary due to covid capacity constraints. I just hope it goes away once distancing and masks are actually gone (which won’t be 6/15 despite the Governor’s comments...”we will be completely back to normal except for these 13 types of activities that won’t be!”).
Try not to make comments like this without fully explaining every single word in your post. There is my heart to consider 😁

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
This past weekend boarding groups were at 64 and 66 on Saturday and Sunday respectively for RotR. Today at noon it was 67, so it is probably fairly safe to say that if you can score a group under 60 during the 7:00am timeslot, your group will be called by noon and you may be able to grab one for Web Slingers for later that day if you are quick enough to score one and RotR doesn't stall early in the day.

I was hoping to get to ride WS at least twice on my trip. Was planning to go bare on the first ride and then get an upgrade power pack for the second. If I don't get a second ride I won't spend the money on the accessory, even for souvenir purposes. Now I feel I'll be lucky to get a first ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom