Weather in June?

PamelaNiebergal

Original Poster
We are going down in June. For any of you that have been at this time, what is the weather typically like - hot, rainy etc? Just curious to see what you guys have experienced in the past so I can be more prepared.

TimeTrip

It will be pretty much hot (80's at least) and very humid with mid-afternoon T-storms that can last anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour .

eddiemcgarrigle

I have been to WDW quite a few times (11) and weather wise, last year was the best yet. My three week holiday from 18th June till 7th June was almost perfect with only three days being disrupted by rain and even then, all three times were late afternoon.

I also found the parks to be relatively quiet until the last week, although I suppose 4th July celebrations can account for that. I'll be there again this year, celebrating my 10th wedding anniversary, which is pretty fitting as we where at WDW on out honeymoon too. With a bit of luck, the weather will be as good this year as it was last year

Eddie

Disney_Belle

I went once in june and only had one day without rain but then again ive been in early july late july august etc. and had perfect weather and i will be there july this year hopefully you will get great weather just dont let the mid afternoon showers bug ya. when i went it was just crazy weather everywhere so ya know. lol. but the weather should be fine and if you can stand rain sometimes its cool cuz everyone leaves the park and you can get on rides faster :) i wouldnt worry too much just pack a poncho and make sure you bring either flip flops or a change of socks with you :)

Disneyfan18_05

I went in June my first time there and it only rained once and for only 10-15 minutes. When I went in August it rained almost every day. But in June it was very hot, that was the first time i experienced heat sickness, so stay Hydrated. I'm going in June again this year and can't wait, especially to get to the hot weather.

Disney_Belle

Disneyfan18_05 said:
I went in June my first time there and it only rained once and for only 10-15 minutes. When I went in August it rained almost every day. But in June it was very hot, that was the first time i experienced heat sickness, so stay Hydrated. I'm going in June again this year and can't wait, especially to get to the hot weather.

I agree with you I cant wait for hot weather - its snowing out right now :hurl: BLEH! But even more importantly definitely stay hydrated. One thing I did (because I can only drink so much water before it makes me nauseous) I bought a little container of gatorade powder and a waterbottle. During the day I would scopp a little gatorade in the bottle then go to the fountain and fill it up. 1 - it saves on money and 2 - gatorade is good when you do a lot of walking around especially in heat because it hydrates you and gives you energy you need.

PamelaNiebergal

Original Poster
Thanks guys for the tips. I too, am looking forward to the heat. Living in Saskatchewan we get really bad winters so it will be nice to experience some tropical heat. And I love the feeling of running around WDW in rain ponchos - the lines are shorter and the atmosphere is kind of neat too - so I'm sure I won't mind the weather too much. Just one question about hydration - do they sell those water bottles that hang around your neck in any of the parks? I drink a lot of water on a regular day, let alone during a day at Disney World and if I have to buy bottled water all day it could cost me a fortune.

PamelaNiebergal

Original Poster
I have another question to add. What's weather like at night in June? Will shorts and t-shirt be okay or should I pack a sweater. I plan to go to EMH so I will be out pretty late. Thanks in advance!

SewIn2Disney

To anwser both of your questions:
1: They sell water bottle straps that fit around the neck of the bottle. I would suggest buying the Brita water bottle ( http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Small_...d_Go_Water_Filtration_Bottle/display_~reviews ) You can refil at any water fountain and it filters as you drink.
Also, keep in mind that you can get free ice water at any counter service resturant.

2: I would pack a sweater and light jacket. The temp. can dip at night, and some resturants and indoor attractions can have very intense air conditioning, so you might want one. Also, with all of the summer rain storms, wet + cold does not equal fun.

Jacks Sally

We had been going to florida in the beginning of Dec
for yrs. Then as the kids got older we started going
right when they got out of school for summer vaction
in June and each time it's been warm last yr we were
there around the 20th and it was a scorcher it was
extremley Hot!!! but we got used to it :D

SewIn2Disney

That's exactly when I'll be there this year....on the 20th, right after my sister gets out of school. How would you describe the crowds at that time? I know it's summer, and it's going to be crowded, but is it managable?
I.E. What are the wait times.....hours upon hours, or 30 minutes?
Is it comparable to xmas time? or is it a little better?
Thanks....this will be our first time in the summer. Usually we try for Nov or Feb. We did go Xmas/New Years once, and it was nuts!
Any help would be appreciated......the help so far on this thread has been great!

parker kim

We have been there the 1st 4 day of june befor and the next to the last week in may also. June no jackets need at any time even in a tank top your fine. In may though it was slightly cooler in the early mornings the evenings still seemed to plenty warm. Only things is if your a person who gets cold in restrants and want to wear a tank top like me. something over your shoulds feels good then.

WDW_Sam

Yeah, basically expect hot in day (80's), but thunderstorms almost every afternoon. Dont worry, they normally pass over real quick, hope i wasof some help.

Sam

Figment1986

WDW_Sam said:
Yeah, basically expect hot in day (80's), but thunderstorms almost every afternoon. Dont worry, they normally pass over real quick, hope i wasof some help.

Sam

or could go rought around you and head right for someplace else.. and it has happened before....

(raining on one street... one block away no rain at all...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom