Wearing Vibram 5 fingers at the world

cemeb4dk

Hi all, I did a search and didn't find any discussions here about them. Some may not have heard about them before. you can check them out by googling vibram five fingers, not sure if I can post websites or not.

Anyways I got my first pair about a month ago and love them, from everyday use to working out in. I plan on wearing them when we go in Oct.

Just wondering if anyone else has worn them there, I have the KSO's and the Bikila's.

Phonedave

Yeah I doubt the price will drop. Vibram is a small company and has been having a hard time keeping up with demand. They are sold out in most places. If you order online just be sure to follow the sizing guide on their website. It was dead on for me, but I do know there are variables in peoples feet.

Not sure if I can add this but there is a forum dedicated to these shoes, its called birthdayshoes.com . It also lists all authorized retailers also. Like I said before just beware of fakes. Also if you guys are flip flop people look at the classics, by vibram, they are the most open on the foot to keep you cool and the thinnest sole for the minimalist feel.

Vibram is FAR from a small company.

However they are new to making shoes. They make rubber outsoles. Literally thousands of shoe manufacturers use their outsoles. I can't think of a pair of hiking boots I have owned in the last 20 years or so that did not have Vibram soles on them.

-dave

Upvote 0

bhg469

Vibram is FAR from a small company.

However they are new to making shoes. They make rubber outsoles. Literally thousands of shoe manufacturers use their outsoles. I can't think of a pair of hiking boots I have owned in the last 20 years or so that did not have Vibram soles on them.

-dave

Thats a bit of irony isn't it? I am going to check these out fairly soon with the GF. She is dying to get a pair so it looks like one of us are definitely going to purchase some.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Ok, so I have never heard of these things so I tried it on google and saw them. I'm not going to comment on the shoe because my mommy taught me that if I have nothing nice to say then I shouldn't say anything so I shall keep mum. But I will say that if you feel compelled to wear them and they work well for you, then go for it. When people are in Disney they wear things they may normally not wear in general public. (like the horrid packs) If they are comfrotable for your feet and will work for days of walking then I say to wear them.

Upvote 0

Billy6

I like the concept of minimalist footwear. It's like back to letting your body do it's thing. I never in a million years would've dreamed I'd be so comfy in flip-flops walking the parks. It really makes me curious how these would work. The only thing that keeps me from buying a pair is the price. I don't want to put that money out there then hate them. Wish I could try them on somehow. :shrug:

I saw them on a guy at the MK in June and been searching for them ever since. The Vibram website has a retailer search for stores near you. Go and try them on at a store, as I did..and see from there...The site gives you a video to size them but I would try them on and see if you like the feel...

Upvote 0

Jarissa

I have a pair of the Sprint ones, bought from a local retailer this past June, and I think I'm going to save up for a pair of the KSO Trek ones sometime between now and the end of the year.

Some people have mentioned the length of your toes as a potential problem for a comfy fit. I have oddly-shaped feet -- counting from the big toe, my 2nd and 3rd toes are longer and longest, respectively -- and once I learned how to get the heel set correctly so my feet wouldn't slide forward, I have NO trouble walking in these things for hours.* Feet get sweaty? Throw shoes in the wash with the towels, leave atop dryer for a couple of cycles. Easy peasy!

* And to give you an idea how astonishing I find that: I normally take a cane along when I leave the house, because sometimes my curved back and messed-up hip on the concave side will make it super-hard for me to keep moving. If I wear the Vibrams instead of my supportive boots/whatevers, nine trips out of ten the cane never is needed.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom