wearing face masks?

Herdman

I'm assuming nobody is going to give you a problem for eating. Not that I advocate it. But let's just say I buy a "Mickey Preztel". And take a few bites. Then I decide to walk around the park for the next few hours with my half eaten Mickey Pretzel. Any CM that questioned me would get "Hey, I'm eating a pretzel" - and they would be on their way..

I mention this because - I plan to keep up to rule as much as I can - factoring in 90 degree/100%humidity weather. But if it gets too hot I will pull my mask off. I'm just positing a scenario whereby if somebody wanted to spend $5 on a pretzel, or a beer at EPCOT, even a turkey leg in various parks - there are ways they can get around this rule.
I've heard some say that you'll have to sit to eat and drink and finish those before you can continue to walk around the park with your mask on. I guess we'll see if they try to take your loophole away.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I guess we'll see if they try to take your loophole away.

I'm not planning to exploit a loophole. As I mentioned, I fully intend to try and adhere to the rule. My concern is wearing a mask non-stop for several hours in scorching heat. If it becomes unbearable I will remove it for periods of time, away from anyone else. I am just positing that there are loopholes that may try to be exploited. I guess we'll see how it plays out.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Neither does Disney when you don't follow park rules and they kick you out.

You confuse complaining about something with willfully disobeying a park policy.

I mention this because - I plan to keep up to rule as much as I can
As I mentioned, I fully intend to try and adhere to the rule.

Please point out where I said that I intended not to follow a park rule. I didn't. So therefore I don't think I'm in jeopardy of being "kicked out".

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
No one knows.
Heck we don't even know yet if guests will follow the rules and wear them as they are required to since the parks have yet to open.
Universal has gotten better about enforcing it but Seaworld and Busch Gardens has been more relaxed about it so we will have to see how Disney is about it.
We've been told that if/when there is a vaccine and at least 40% of the population opt to get it life can return to normal. Its been said that the vaccine will be available by late this year or early next year.
I'd say the vaccine and whether people are willing to wear the masks now will determine if masks are required or not next summer.

NickMaio

I'm not planning to exploit a loophole. As I mentioned, I fully intend to try and adhere to the rule. My concern is wearing a mask non-stop for several hours in scorching heat. If it becomes unbearable I will remove it for periods of time, away from anyone else. I am just positing that there are loopholes that may try to be exploited. I guess we'll see how it plays out.
Even if you remove it when away from other people....what's the point.
Once off you will breathe all over surfaces that the next person might touch.

Wear the mask until you get back to your car or your room. Otherwise dont go.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Even if you remove it when away from other people....what's the point.
Once off you will breathe all over surfaces that the next person might touch.

Wear the mask until you get back to your car or your room. Otherwise dont go.

It's already been established that you'll be able to remove the mask while eating. How does that fit in with your narrative of "wear the mask or don't go?" Unless you are not allowed to breathe while eating.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Fact of the matter is that no one on this thread (me included) has experienced wearing a medical mask outdoors in a theme park for 8 hours straight in 90 degree weather - compounded with stifling humidity.

So it's great that we all agree (including me) that masks should be worn. But to say that under the before-mentioned circumstances that 8 hours is easy-peasy and we will not get to a point during our visit that we may potentially need to remove the mask for brief periods - possibly for health reasons - is beyond absurd.

Storm

It's already been established that you'll be able to remove the mask while eating. How does that fit in with your narrative of "wear the mask or don't go?" Unless you are not allowed to breathe while eating.
Or maybe just maybe it just proves that reopening Disney is a terrible idea ? 11500 new cases today for FL alone , now let’s add fictional Disney numbers and that’ll climb to at least 13000 a day. At the least.

NickMaio

Those places designated for eating will be sanitized after every group.
You taking your mask off like a petulant child on a bench is a HUGE difference.

NickMaio

Fact of the matter is that no one on this thread (me included) has experienced wearing a medical mask outdoors in a theme park for 8 hours straight in 90 degree weather - compounded with stifling humidity.

So it's great that we all agree (including me) that masks should be worn. But to say that under the before-mentioned circumstances that 8 hours is easy-peasy and we will not get to a point during our visit that we may potentially need to remove the mask for brief periods - possibly for health reasons - is beyond absurd.
We have hundreds of healthcare works wearing much more than a cotton mask in our outdoor covid testing areas.
With the same climate.
It can be done.....and for 12 hours instead of 8.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member

What happens if I need to drink some water (or a soda) while walking between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland? Mask on or off? Or am I not allowed to hydrate?

Storm

If anything this just further proves that the reopening will be a disaster , people not respecting guidelines , taking their masks off whenever they can and are a bit out of sight , using excuses if they get caught by a CM. Americans live on a different planet if they think this is a great idea.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
We have hundreds of healthcare works wearing much more than a cotton mask in our outdoor covid testing areas.
With the same climate.
It can be done.....and for 12 hours instead of 8.

Yes. And they take breaks. Don't want to burst your bubble but on the break, the mask comes off.

These areas will also be heavily sanitized

They must be really good. How exactly are they going to know the exact time and spot that I'm going to get thirsty.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
people not respecting guidelines , taking their masks off whenever they can and are a bit out of sight , using excuses if they get caught by a CM. Americans live on a different planet if they think this is a great idea.

It has nothing to do with respecting guidelines. It's about being realistic. Yes, masks should be worn. Yes, social distancing should be observed. But that is in theory.

As an example - Do you think a 55/60/65 year old guest with COPD, or Asthma, or needing oxygen for their visit, is going to be perfectly fine with wearing a mask for 8 hours straight? Especially, when they begin having trouble catching their breath? People can pontificate all they'd like, but they are not grounded in reality. Unless of course, Disney creates a policy discriminating against this type of guest and only allows the fit and healthy to enter the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom