wearing face masks?

Shouldigo12

Does anyone know if Disney allows face shields in place of masks, or of shields are as effective as masks? Just asking because that might help the humidity problem.

celluloid

Does anyone know if Disney allows face shields in place of masks, or of shields are as effective as masks? Just asking because that might help the humidity problem.

It must be a cloth mask covering. The sheild can be worn in addition to, but not in place of. Universal has offered these as an alternative as resonable accomodation for those needing it, but if they want to go to an enclosed attraction space they must be able to wear a cloth face covering.

Shouldigo12

It must be a cloth mask covering. The sheild can be worn in addition to, but not in place of. Universal has offered these as an alternative as resonable accomodation for those needing it, but if they want to go to an enclosed attraction space they must be able to wear a cloth face covering.
Well, there goes my million dollar idea haha. Thank you.

celluloid

Well, there goes my million dollar idea haha. Thank you.

For comfort sake if you are still planning on going, I see people have the most luck with the "gators" they seem not only to be very breathable but also seem to stay up/with more comfort than the tie or ear loop elastics that slide down the nose.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I don't think anyone is saying or thinking that except those that don't want to wear one at all

Not talking about the ones that "don't want to wear one at all".

Talking about the ones that do want to wear one - but understand that the expectation of wearing a mask for 8/10/12 hours straight without the need to take it off - is completely unrealistic.

Shouldigo12

For comfort sake if you are still planning on going, I see people have the most luck with the "gators" they seem not only to be very breathable but also seem to stay up/with more comfort than the tie or ear loop elastics that slide down the nose.
I'm not planning on going, but I have found the ties on the mask I wear now to be uncomfortable so I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for the advice!

Goofyernmost

Did you take the mask off?
For heavens sake no one is going to crazy glue that mask to your face. There will be a certain amount of reasonable expectation that people will not just be walking around with no mask not caring about anyone else, but, I suspect that they will be asked to put it on or leave if they don't comply. If that imaginary concern about being unable to actually breath is worth losing a days admission then I guess no one will be able to stop them 100%.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
For heavens sake no one is going to crazy glue that mask to your face. There will be a certain amount of reasonable expectation that people will not just be walking around with no mask not caring about anyone else, but, I suspect that they will be asked to put it on or leave if they don't comply. If that imaginary concern about being unable to actually breath is worth losing a days admission then I guess no one will be able to stop them 100%.

Exactly. But there are those (on this thread) that feel if you can't wear the mask for the entire duration of your visit to the parks....then you shouldn't go. Regardless of medical conditions and what have you. Their words not mine. And simply put, I disagree. (I do agree with the general use of masks - just not to those extremes)

Goofyernmost

'Cause there are those on this thread that believe you should wear the mask from the minute you walk into the park until the moment you leave and get back to your room/or car. Which again - is completely unrealistic. I'm actually for the masks. But "they" feel it pretty much has to be sewn on me and there is no room for any type of break from it whatsoever. To which, I disagree.
Of course, but you are going to have to stretch pretty far to come up with a good point. On top of that there is no fixing stupid. For those that are really that ignorant that they think it is a permanent thing should not be allowed out in public to begin with and should probably stay home and use their crayons and coloring books.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Of course, but you are going to have to stretch pretty far to come up with a good point. On top of that there is no fixing stupid. For those that are really that ignorant that they think it is a permanent thing should not be allowed out in public to begin with and should probably stay home and use their crayons and coloring books.

I have come up with a pretty good point. Your regression to coloring books and crayons - reinforces that.

Just so my position is clear:

Masks are good.
Masks should be worn.
The expectation that masks will be worn for the entire duration of a visit - is unrealistic.

Goofyernmost

I have come up with a pretty good point. Your regression to coloring books and crayons - reinforces that.
Actually what you have come up with are more reasons that others will use to justify not wearing them. The problem is that those points are imaginary but will give them all new thoughts that aren't even real enough to talk about.

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Actually what you have come up with are more reasons that others will use to justify not wearing them.

That is completely contradictory to the point I'm trying to make. I'm not looking for justification to not wear a mask. I'm simply stating that people will need a break from wearing one, especially if they are at the parks for a long duration of time.

Goofyernmost

That is completely contradictory to the point I'm trying to make. I'm not looking for justification to not wear a mask. I'm simply stating that people will need a break from wearing one, especially if they are at the parks for a long duration of time.
And why do you keep insisting of make a point that isn't even a reality. There will be times when they are not going to be required but when you keep saying that they will need a break, well, D'uh. There will be a way to do that. So there is no need to keep making people believe that there won't be, that just angers and panics others about a problem that will not exist.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
And why do you keep insisting of make a point that isn't even a reality. There will be times when they are not going to be required but when you keep saying that they will need a break, well, D'uh. There will be a way to do that. So there is no need to keep making people believe that there won't be, that just angers and panics others about a problem that will not exist.

Have you actually read through this thread? There's nobody arguing that masks are going to be a part of the Disney experience for the next 20 years.

There are however, people stating that if you can't handle wearing a mask for 12 hours straight - you shouldn't be allowed to go. And I disagree with that. Go ahead, try to change the way I think. Good Luck to you.

NickMaio

'Cause there are those on this thread that believe you should wear the mask from the minute you walk into the park until the moment you leave and get back to your room/or car. Which again - is completely unrealistic. I'm actually for the masks. But "they" feel it pretty much has to be sewn on me and there is no room for any type of break from it whatsoever. To which, I disagree.
There are also those who think masks should only be removed in designated areas.
Not wherever the hell you want because you 'need' a break.

NickMaio

So you're acknowledging that there may be a need to remove the mask? Much different than:

GREAT! It's a start.
Seriously.......:bawling:
I have always been saying that the masks should come off.....only in reserved areas to do so.
There will be higher precautions there.

You have advocated removing it when you need a break away from people.
Which can still get others infected should you be a carrier.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom