We Survived Ian … in an RV. Another JenniferS Live Trip Report

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
We had to come back to let the pup out. We had planned to go to the Island, but we ended up just hanging around the RV for almost two hours just catching up.

At 11:00, we drove him back to the hotel so he could pick up his brand new car. Nissan Kicks. You know I approve!

The pup had come for the ride, and when we got back, I took her for a quick walk. Yeah, it’s nippy!

2CEC44B5-6685-483D-BF5E-9C1D08ED84BD.jpeg

Figgy1

Premium Member
We had to come back to let the pup out. We had planned to go to the Island, but we ended up just hanging around the RV for almost two hours just catching up.

At 11:00, we drove him back to the hotel so he could pick up his brand new car. Nissan Kicks. You know I approve!

The pup had come for the ride, and when we got back, I took her for a quick walk. Yeah, it’s nippy!

View attachment 671081
Make that 8 blankets and keto hot chocolate

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
As perfect as yesterday was, today was a whole lotta chasing our tail.

We went to check out an alternate storage site just up the road. Decided we’ll go back to the place we know. 20 minutes.

The wipers on the Ford first decided to start running at will, then refused to turn off altogether. Apparently it’s not altogether that uncommon, so we had to track down a replacement wiper assembly arm - pretty sure that’s not what it’s called. Phone work - 10-15 mins, drive time in the most horrendous traffic - 30+ minutes.

From there, we had to get another cover plate for the water tank. Needs to be covered whilst in storage to prevent critters from getting in. The first Lazy Days RV place turned out just to be a collision centre, so we had to go to the one 15 minutes further down the road. Total time involved, including tracking down the part number through the VIN - 90+ minutes.

Then a quick pop in to Publix - another 30 minutes.

All told, it came to 3 hours of nuthin’.

We had planned to go to Gatlinburg tomorrow, but the prospect of dealing with that BS traffic is off-putting. I suggested we just go to the Island instead. (The water tank cover plate has to be picked up tomorrow as well.)

Our friend tells us that October is the busiest month of the year. Based on the traffic, I 100% believe him. Darn leaf peepers.

Figgy1

Premium Member
As perfect as yesterday was, today was a whole lotta chasing our tail.

We went to check out an alternate storage site just up the road. Decided we’ll go back to the place we know. 20 minutes.

The wipers on the Ford first decided to start running at will, then refused to turn off altogether. Apparently it’s not altogether that uncommon, so we had to track down a replacement wiper assembly arm - pretty sure that’s not what it’s called. Phone work - 10-15 mins, drive time in the most horrendous traffic - 30+ minutes.

From there, we had to get another cover plate for the water tank. Needs to be covered whilst in storage to prevent critters from getting in. The first Lazy Days RV place turned out just to be a collision centre, so we had to go to the one 15 minutes further down the road. Total time involved, including tracking down the part number through the VIN - 90+ minutes.

Then a quick pop in to Publix - another 30 minutes.

All told, it came to 3 hours of nuthin’.

We had planned to go to Gatlinburg tomorrow, but the prospect of dealing with that BS traffic is off-putting. I suggested we just go to the Island instead. (The water tank cover plate has to be picked up tomorrow as well.)

Our friend tells us that October is the busiest month of the year. Based on the traffic, I 100% believe him. Darn leaf peepers.
All of that stinks!!!!!!!!!! and don't get me started on leaf peepers they're up where I am every weekend clogging the roads and they're the worst drivers because they don't know how to drive on hilly curvy roads and think everybody is leaf peeping
May tomorrow be much more fun!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
All of that stinks!!!!!!!!!! and don't get me started on leaf peepers they're up where I am every weekend clogging the roads and they're the worst drivers because they don't know how to drive on hilly curvy roads and think everybody is leaf peeping
May tomorrow be much more fun!
It’s a good thing we built in extra days to the back end of the trip. If we’d arrived on the evening of the 7th, and departed on the morning of the 9th as originally planned, we would not have been able to do it all.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Mike was all in a kerfuffle thinking we were running out of time to get things done. He somehow thought we were leaving tomorrow. It’s like he doesn’t even read my trip report.

We had a great day today. We took the pup for a really long walk, cut yet another burr from her top lip (ugh), picked up the hot water cover, bought more than 500 pieces of Hallowe’en chocolate (and RV antifreeze), and went to The Island for dinner.

2D26E7CF-DC41-4A30-A970-FC3B38C597C6.jpegAB6E24FD-C7D0-413C-9609-9BDD284B6131.jpegFC153DC2-BCAE-4984-A6C5-D15706910691.jpeg2AFF98FC-B9AA-44DA-96AE-FC98DCA0FCB7.jpeg87491BD4-AA20-4C48-84E2-D4ACBFF4FC5A.jpeg
C85215A1-3B91-4BBB-AD5F-7F98F25B7FCD.jpeg
1F7BC2F0-7423-430B-AD82-1E6E6C307CF9.jpeg

We have some holiday overlap.
34731C91-6691-40F8-AA00-76136A1258DC.jpeg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
It’s not as good as Mellow Mushroom with Tuvalu would have been (and will be once we don’t have the trailer and the pup!), but it was pretty darn good!

I got water.
1354B398-B7AB-4E26-BF54-99C68D2699D5.jpeg

I shared this time. Not a lot, but more than last time.
BC9E5872-44D8-492C-99F9-D23AC2711B59.jpeg

I got these. Mike ate 6. I had 4. So maybe that’s WE got these.
D0E3F462-7E93-47C8-832E-719802422C37.jpeg
Close up:
5ABA9C8E-39EB-43C6-8E1F-F6F27B961855.jpeg

Mike got this:
D40C40B0-5E18-4CB2-8043-D38F884EC1AC.jpeg
Close up. See those two pieces of bacon on the lower left? Those were mine.
1064B342-CE47-4E94-8144-66FB20CE2D88.jpeg

Leftovers for tomorrow.
7796CDC7-5BC9-43A4-AC22-69BAE514A11B.jpeg

trr1

Mike was all in a kerfuffle thinking we were running out of time to get things done. He somehow thought we were leaving tomorrow. It’s like he doesn’t even read my trip report.

We had a great day today. We took the pup for a really long walk, cut yet another burr from her top lip (ugh), picked up the hot water cover, bought more than 500 pieces of Hallowe’en chocolate (and RV antifreeze), and went to The Island for dinner.

View attachment 671405View attachment 671406View attachment 671407View attachment 671408View attachment 671410
View attachment 671409
View attachment 671411

We have some holiday overlap.
View attachment 671412
did you ride the ferris wheel?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
It’s not as good as Mellow Mushroom with Tuvalu would have been (and will be once we don’t have the trailer and the pup!), but it was pretty darn good!

I got water.
View attachment 671413

I shared this time. Not a lot, but more than last time.
View attachment 671414

I got these. Mike ate 6. I had 4. So maybe that’s WE got these.
View attachment 671415
Close up:
View attachment 671416

Mike got this:
View attachment 671417
Close up. See those two pieces of bacon on the lower left? Those were mine.
View attachment 671418

Leftovers for tomorrow.
View attachment 671419
Woody, Em, my SIL, BIL and I shared 2 large Mellow Mushroom pizzas for dinner tonight!
(Take out at my house.)

It’s as if we’re on the same wavelength!!

(Is it bad for me to say it wasn’t as good as it would have been dining with you and Mike? :angelic:)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Woody, Em, my SIL, BIL and I shared 2 large Mellow Mushroom pizzas for dinner tonight!
(Take out at my house.)

It’s as if we’re on the same wavelength!!

(Is it bad for me to say it wasn’t as good as it would have been dining with you and Mike? :angelic:)
Mike feels bad. Really bad. He was actually looking forward to meeting you. (This hauling a 33’ rig is hard.)

We had planned on staying overnight at Alatoona Lake, and leaving the pup safe and secure in the trailer, but they closed on October 1st.

Rest assured we will be back, either in a car, or with rig safely parked in a campground, and pizza will be had.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Cooked leftovers that must be eaten:
- leftovers from The Old Mill
- leftovers from Mellow Mushroom
- 3 hamburgers, multiple hot dogs (Sounds like a beans and wieners night for me. Yum!)

We’re loading all of the dirty laundry into garbage bags and taking it home vs spending money and time to wash, dry, and fold the laundry, only to carefully place it into garbage bags to haul home. 😂

Mike’s extensive spice collection is going into a Ziploc bag, and will be stored in the airtight microwave.

The fridge and freezer will be completely emptied and defrosted and washed tonight, so whatever perishables remain will get packed into the 12v cooler to take home.

Emptying and flushing the tanks and winterizing all of the water lines is a tomorrow morning task.

I think we need to buy two more bins. I want all of the pillows and linen stored in a rodent proof container. We’re not expecting mice to get in, but just in case!

The Jays play at 4:07.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom