We Survived Ian … in an RV. Another JenniferS Live Trip Report

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
I am amazed and impressed at the zero fights. I've occasionally thought about what it would be like to travel via RV, but know it's not for us. Our idea of camping is a hotel without a complimentary breakfast buffet. Despite being happily married for many decades, I also guarantee we'd be divorced at the end of an RV trip and I'd be in therapy shortly after. There are certain things we agree we are not meant to do together - home improvement projects and RV traveling.

But at least I get to experience it vicariously through TRs like this. Always enjoyed your past trip reports, but this one was particularly fun. Thank you for taking us along.
To be fair, we never fight. 😂

Thank you for joining us.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Recording here, because I will forget.

Turkey is in the oven. Went in at 12:45. Needs 6 1/4 hours. Dinner at 7:00. I had Spenser get all of the sides at FarmBoy, so I literally just have to remove the lids, put them on a tray, and pop them in the oven at 6:15. I can’t eat any of them anyway, so 🤷🏼‍♀️.

There is no salad in the fridge, and I’m sure the grocery store is stripped bare. Hopefully there are some green beans somewhere in the house. Even canned will do.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Also, I’m down 5 lbs! Ha!
(Mind you that’s only half of the 10 I gained, but it will be easier now that we’re home.)
Celebrate In Love GIF by HBO Max
btw that's water in the glass

NYwdwfan

I am amazed and impressed at the zero fights. I've occasionally thought about what it would be like to travel via RV, but know it's not for us. Our idea of camping is a hotel without a complimentary breakfast buffet. Despite being happily married for many decades, I also guarantee we'd be divorced at the end of an RV trip and I'd be in therapy shortly after. There are certain things we agree we are not meant to do together - home improvement projects and RV traveling.

But at least I get to experience it vicariously through TRs like this. Always enjoyed your past trip reports, but this one was particularly fun. Thank you for taking us along.
Both Jennifer and Mike are extremely easy to get along with. And they are so respectful of each other. Honestly if it weren’t for them I’d probably be even more cynical that I already am but they truly are proof you can find a perfect match.

PUSH

Taco Bell is nasty. Seriously nasty. Ski loves it. Need I say more?
Fresh Taco Bell is one of life's great pleasures. Taco Bell that's been sitting, waiting to be served, is pretty gross. It really depends on how recently they made it. I've found that my hometown Taco Bell is pretty "meh". But I've never had a bad meal from Taco Bell in the city I work in. It's night and day.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Fresh Taco Bell is one of life's great pleasures. Taco Bell that's been sitting, waiting to be served, is pretty gross. It really depends on how recently they made it. I've found that my hometown Taco Bell is pretty "meh". But I've never had a bad meal from Taco Bell in the city I work in. It's night and day.
I feel that way about BK. The Burger King in Buffalo is always, always piping hot, fresh, and flavourful. Every single BK within an hour or two of me here serves lukewarm burgers that are mediocre at best. No comparison.

NYwdwfan

The one nearest my house (there are 3 pretty local) does crazy business - there’s almost always a line - so everything is typically fresh amd so yummy.
I feel that way about BK. The Burger King in Buffalo is always, always piping hot, fresh, and flavourful. Every single BK within an hour or two of me here serves lukewarm burgers that are mediocre at best. No comparison.
Try ordering “minus” something - i usually get no onions so they make it fresh.

That all being said, I really don’t eat fast food often!!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Lucky you, we have Dunkin Doughnuts here in SC that used to be good each store made them in house now they make them who knows where and send them to the stores and they are terrible.
Tim Hortons donuts are all 95% baked in a central facility, flash frozen, and shipped to all of the stores across Canada and the US, where they are “baked” in store and served fresh. They are less than half the size they used to be. Significantly less than half the size they used to be.

Said facility is located in my city coincidentally. It is huge!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
When we visited Boston, the birthplace of Dunkin’ Donuts, there was practically one on every corner
Yup. Grew up with Dunks here in the suburbs, and in the cities. Similar to what Jennifer mentioned about Tim's, they now bake the donuts in one location and truck them to all the individual stores. (I think the donuts were better when each Dunkies franchisee made their own.)

John park hopper

Yup. Grew up with Dunks here in the suburbs, and in the cities. Similar to what Jennifer mentioned about Tim's, they now bake the donuts in one location and truck them to all the individual stores. (I think the donuts were better when each Dunkies franchisee made their own.)
Whole heartedly agree. Nothing like a fresh doughnut still warm from the frier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom