We are going to WDW in 37 days, no ADR!

Wolfclan Dan

Original Poster
I have not made any ADR due to many bumps in the road since I booked this trip. For a while we were unsure if we could even go, but now the trip is paid in full and I am wondering if if is worth my time and effort to attempt to get dining reservations now, or just wait?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If you want to eat Table Service meals, make ADRs.

It is possible to get in as a walk-up sometimes, but it's rare. One of the negatives of DDP is the restaurants do book up.

LowesChevy

I would definetely call-they can help you find openings. Just pick a number of places and see what you can get. You do not want to be totally shut out or waiting for hours to eat at a ts restaurant.

After you check in-check with the front desk or dining line in your in room phone to see if there were any more cancellations.

Wolfclan Dan

Original Poster
Thanks for the guidance. I will call them asap. The only restaurant I can think of wanting to dine at is the Canadian steak house. I suppose character meals are going to be out of the question.....

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Thanks for the guidance. I will call them asap. The only restaurant I can think of wanting to dine at is the Canadian steak house. I suppose character meals are going to be out of the question.....
Le Cellier and Cindy's Royal Table are probably the two hardest to get into. They both book up six months ahead. If you're lucky, you'll get a cancellation.

H20Babie

I have 29 days to go and cancelled an ADR (sorry, not Le Cell) and was still able to get into the character meal I wanted. Never hurts to try :)

Pioneer Hall

There are a bunch of character meals so you might be able to get one. Check out the menus here and see what you want to do. If you can't get in just give a call daily and see if anything opened up. Cancellations happen all the time.

skeeder

I would try to go ahead and make ADRs. You never know when someone has cancelled. One trip I had to change an ADR and was surprised to find availability so close to our trip. Be flexible with restaurants and the time you want to dine. If say on you MK day you cant get in at any TS at the MK. Consider hopping on a boat or monorail if you can get availability at Whispering Canyon Cafe, Ohana, The Cali Grill, or wherever. Hope this helps. Good luck.:wave:

imagine_82

the dining line operators are usually super helpful; if you can and let them know what you're looking for, they'll have some great ideas. i'm at 34 days, and i changed all sorts of things around this week. =)

dixiegirl

I agree with many others..Try and try again every day if that..we did that last Sept to get into Le cellier one month before our trip and tried every day until I got in after a week of trying , and I did for lunch....so worth it!!! But try every day....You'll get something!!! And yes most operators are very helpful..

coltow

How did it go? Were you able to get what you wanted?

Philo

I didn't realise that Le Cellier was so popular until I tried to book 179 days before our trip and I found out that we could eat at 5.40 or not at all... Even when booking CRT we had a choice of two times!

Really looking forward to it now!

Wolfclan Dan

Original Poster
Well, I couldn't get Le Cellier, but so far have ADR's for Coral Reef and the 50's Prime Time cafe.

Still trying to figure out what else we want to do.

Scooter

My wife and I never make ADR's

We don't mind eating at odd times or getting up early for breakfast so we do a lot of walk ups and have no problems except for Cinderella's Royal Table which we don't care for anyway. We have even done a walk up at Le Cellier and gotten in, but we happened to be leaving the O'Canada attraction as the place opened so we asked if we could eat lunch and they said sure. It's just the wife and I. I wouldn't try it if I had kids with me though. I'm sure it's easier seating 2 people than 4 or 5.

Sure, we get turned away some times, but there's so many options for eating at WDW and we aren't all that pickey about where we eat so it's not like we go hungry.

PigletIsMyCat

Keep calling. I spent two weeks calling for Chef Mickey's on 3/26 and finally last Thursday I called and was told they had just extended breakfast hours and there was one slot left for 11:45am!! So just keep trying, and be flexible with your ideas. Some restaurants that are *usually* a little easier to get into are Biergarten, Concourse Steakhouse, and Cape May Cafe - I have had luck getting these as last minute ADRs or walk-ups, even during busier times.

Wolfclan Dan

Original Poster
Cool, I really want to get into Chef Mickey's, I'll try that. I am making reservations for 5, so not sure.

How is 1900 Park Fare for walkups?

coltow

Cool, I really want to get into Chef Mickey's, I'll try that. I am making reservations for 5, so not sure.

How is 1900 Park Fare for walkups?
I would think it would be hard for breakfast because it's an alternative for those who don't get CRT. Dinner is probably easier.

Wolfclan Dan

Original Poster
Well, I ended up getting Le Cellier on 4/9 @ 1:20. I am so happy! That was really the only one I absolutely wanted for myself. I made many others too. Yipee!

MouseWorshipper

Some people can't go to Disney without fancy meals, but kids hate them and you can find a variety of counter-service restaurants. And, of course, the Winn-Dixie and/or Publix are great money savers that provide some healthy snacks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom