WDW's Space Mountain is REALLY bad

JIMINYCR

Seems like the opposite advice many get " Brace for impact !! ".
Thats why the majority of drunk drivers who hit others can walk/ stumble away from the accident leaving their victims dead. They have no rigid bodies at the point of impact and therefore escape the majority of injuries.

TrainsOfDisney

I do have one more fear on space mountain (both Florida and California) - Disney does not enforce loose articles like other parks do, and since the tracks wind over and under each other, the possibility of a phone or other object falling and hitting someone is definitely on my radar.

Space really should be enforced universal / cedar point style but that’s another issue.

IanDLBZF

Oh that’s good to hear! I still haven’t been on Tron, saw it running last time I was there but I had limited time and my focus was on the steam train, steamboat, hall of presidents, and the Bears.
Yeah, you have to put your hats and bags in a locker. Phones, wallet, etc. need to be in the storage compartment. For filming on Tron only chest mount GoPro and similar action cams as far as I am aware.

DisneyFanatic12

Space Mountain has signage and they’ll stop the ride to yell at anyone who takes out a loose article, but not “real” enforcement. Granted, the speeds on Space Mountain are relatively low, and the falling object would be slowed further after bouncing off of the very many beams.

Jrb1979

Space Mountain has signage and they’ll stop the ride to yell at anyone who takes out a loose article, but not “real” enforcement. Granted, the speeds on Space Mountain are relatively low, and the falling object would be slowed further after bouncing off of the very many beams.
After what happened 2 days ago at Kings Island due to some one losing their keys on a coaster, I feel the no loose articles policy should an industry wide policy.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Being hit by a cellphone in the eye at 28 mph and the speed is negligible really.

JIMINYCR

Sir, this is a thread about space mountain! 😳
Sir, this is a response to two posts regarding a comment stated in a few posts above regarding a body being relaxed or rigid. It is an appropriate response and yes I know the post is about SM. So it is about rigid bodies vs relaxed bodies as SM runs the track. No reason for you to call me out on this.

fgmnt

In other words OP just needs to relax a little
I don’t think it’s the worst steel roller coaster you can ride in North America but it’s easily the worst-running steel roller coaster you can ride at a year round operating park in NA (except probably Viper at SFMM? That thing needs to get melted).

Would love to see them limp SM through its 50th anniversary and then go into a reboot, but management has historically not displayed they understand the value of something a complete retrack and plus up of what is their most popular park’s cornerstone attraction.

Disone

I don’t think it’s the worst steel roller coaster you can ride in North America but it’s easily the worst-running steel roller coaster you can ride at a year round operating park in NA (except probably Viper at SFMM? That thing needs to get melted).

Would love to see them limp SM through its 50th anniversary and then go into a reboot, but management has historically not displayed they understand the value of something a complete retrack and plus up of what is their most popular park’s cornerstone attraction.
I thought splash mountain was, emphasis was, the most popular attraction in the park. And you saw what they did to that so...... Yeah not looking good for space mountain..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom