WDW will have a 4 year gap of nothing!

Timothy W.

Original Poster
Here is my post that would not be allowed to post on the official Disney blog under today's Avatar ground breaking announcement:
"So Spring 2014 brings the kids Seven Dwarf coaster & new parade. Then three/four years later in late 2017 Avatar Land opens in AK. So my question and i think the biggest most asked question among fans, families planning vacations, and many others. What is going to be happening between Spring 2014 – Late 2017 at Walt Disney World? That is a huge gap with nothing new announced for any of the four theme parks or two water parks."
I find it so odd that on the Official Disney Blog there are only 15 posts. I do give them credit for allowing 4 post that didn't seem to shout the praise of Avatar. But this post is not about Avatar - it's coming like it or not. This post is about the fact that there is NOTHING NEW that has been announced, being built, being prepared, or it seems will open after Spring 2014 - late 2017 or even early 2018. That is a long 4 year of no new attractions for 4 theme parks & 2 water parks. I do realize that we will get more shops & places to stuff our face at Disney Springs. And yes we will most likely see some new shops & restaurants in the parks during this 4 year stretch. But beyond that no new rides, attractions, shows, parades are in the pipeline. It seems if they are going to announce something like Avatar that want open for 4 years - then Disney could announce what is coming in 2015, 2016, 2017. Do you guys think that we will just have to be satisfied with a new parade (with no parade for AK or Studios) & a new kids coaster that is highly themed - these two attractions will just have to keep guest coming back until Avatar opens almost 4 years later? I certainly hope not!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Isn't Disney Springs just Downtown Disney reimagined?

I'd also hope for some type of new headliner attractions at the theme parks in those time frames. Not sure Disney Springs would cause excessive Guests to book vacations when they open that newly reimagined area.
Wait, you mean the big mall is now a big mall that looks different!

WOW!

Honey, max out the credit cards, we are going to DisneyWorld!

Figaro928

The next 10 years will, I think, be some of the most interesting at the parks. What with uni outdoing themselves Disney's getting a real kick up the backside. Interesting to see what will happen.
and this is certainly time they cannot get back. If they aren't already, they are going to somehow need to play some serious catch up

Tonka's Skipper

Your own post t9itle is disproved in your post, EI * Nothing*

Seems this is just another bash Disney post. Most of us have been over this subject many times and opinions differ.

End of story

AKK

Figaro928

Four new yearly promotions.
2015's "Faith Trust and Pixie Dust" - If you visit the park you can get a bag of glitter & picture with tinkerbell*!
2016's "Disney's Wait for it...." Come watch our talking interactive Mickey hold his breath*!!!
2017's very successful "Drumroll, Please" all music throughout the parks will be replaced with drum rolls. oh and twice a week they'll offer drum shaped cupcakes*!!!

*Additional charges may apply

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Four new yearly promotions.
2015's "Faith Trust and Pixie Dust" - If you visit the park you can get a bag of glitter & picture with tinkerbell*!
2016's "Disney's Wait for it...." Come watch our talking interactive Mickey hold his breath*!!!
2017's very successful "Drumroll, Please" all music throughout the parks will be replaced with drum rolls. oh and twice a week they'll offer drum shaped cupcakes*!!!

*Additional charges may apply

2018's: "We give up, just go to Uni". ;)

wdwfan22

Neither of these have been confirmed. The idea of Soarin' is due to the fact the DL version is getting a new film. And Frozen was not much more than a trial balloon via Jim Hill....
It hasn't been confirmed for Disneyland yet either but that doesn't mean it's not happening. I look for Soarin to be updated in both resorts

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It hasn't been confirmed for Disneyland yet either but that doesn't mean it's not happening. I look for Soarin to be updated in both resorts
Actually, the last MiceAge update did state the filming for the DL version would be taking place over the parks in the upcoming months. And nothing has been said, let alone confirmed, for the same to occur at WDW.

C.FERNIE

These years will bring the following, the magical mystery years of "the years of a hundred mysterious nothings" lol to be fair i am sure they do have things up their sleeves they must have so many things on the shelf at imagineering that just need the green light and a budget lol

spacemt354

Chili's
The thread title was for attention and to attract page views.

But in reality "WDW will have a 4 year gap of nothing!" is fan hyperbole.

First off, Spring 2014 - Late 2017 are vague time frames that most closely relate to 3.5 years. Not 4 years, as the title suggests.

Secondly, the word "nothing" in the title implies there will be in fact "nothing" added over the next 4 years. Not only is the time frame wrong, but the OP even addresses that there will in fact be new additions to the parks and resort within the '4 year gap of nothing,' ensuring that there will be 'something' rather than 'nothing'.

In addition, there are several other 'rumors' such as Star Wars, Cars, and others as well that could potentially be announced/started in this time frame. Is it likely? Not sure. Not even the insiders have a concrete foundation regarding these topics. Heck at one point Avatar was thought to be by the wayside, and here we are today. So there's always a chance.

This is not a defense of the apparent Disney ideology that nostalgia will win out and new and innovative additions can be saved for the competition. But we already have enough areas in the forums to express our displeasure with regard to the lack of new attraction additions in comparison to parks up I-4. There isn't any need for this one.

Also 'WDW will have a 3.5 year gap of minor additions, Disney Springs, and rumored big announcements" while not exactly appealing to fans, is more accurate than the above title (yet doesn't seem as interesting).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom