WDW website update features Test Track concept art!

misterID

Cool. But so far, I haven't seen anything to be too terribly excited about... :shrug:

I'm cautiously optimistic. I know there's not going to be any real AA scenes, so that's kind of leveled out my excitement.

But it would be nice if the ride did start in the past and made it's way to the future.

raven

I am unaware of any major structural changes to the exterior. Could happen, but I've not heard about it yet.

Dont get too excited. There are Tron-ish elements to a section of the ride, but it isn't actually Tron and isn't all that substantial.

A few changes to the outside. The centerpiece sign will be moved closer to the building, mirrors removed, etc.

Oh, you ain't seen nothin' yet. It gets more TRONish.

Throwing the dog a bone that was sent my way. :animwink:

Just remember that this is only a CONCEPT and not to get confused as actual renderings:

0330120112.jpg

CoasterKing

I have one of the original project team jackets with the "97" on it.
Couple years ago a Test Track CM actually stopped me to say the date was wrong. I explained that no, that date was actually kinda right. It wasn't the jacket's fault the ride got held up.:shrug:

Oh, Lee...they didn't tell you?? An original team jacket with a "97" on it was found jammed in the Central Processing Unit of the Main Computer Core, causing the Blue Screen of Death, which subsequently led to the 2 year delay!! :animwink:

CoasterKing
:king:

Captain Neo

Original Poster
A few changes to the outside. The centerpiece sign will be moved closer to the building, mirrors removed, etc.

Just remember that this is only a CONCEPT and not to get confused as actual renderings:

0330120112.jpg

That looks like a replacement of the Hot/Cold/Corrosion rooms. The quest to replace all physical sets with video screens continues!

aladdin2007

That looks like a replacement of the Hot/Cold/Corrosion rooms. The quest to replace all physical sets with video screens continues![/QUOTE]

Yep exactly! But in a way it sort of brings back memories of the old screen tunnel with the wheels and what not from world of motion, an effect like that I would be for.

Oh and from the previous posts, they are also going to do away with the canopy metal structure outfront, its going to go away all together. From what I understand there will not be a new one, but that could be wrong. Hopefully this will clean up the look of the front of the building. I think they are going for something very streamlined and sleek inside and out.

dreamscometrue

Interesting interpretation of the concept art by a person some of you know. :)

http://www..com/2012/04/24/will-redesigned-test-track-be-en-v-of-epcots-future-world/

Captain Neo

Original Poster
Interesting interpretation of the concept art by a person some of you know. :)

http://www..com/2012/04/24/will-redesigned-test-track-be-en-v-of-epcots-future-world/

Yea just the concept art at WDW's site just struck me as being very "Epcot Center-y" focused on experimentation and tomorrow. Unlike the more modern pavilions which are a mess. Also, didn't somebody here say that the GM/Chevorlet people who authorized the redo were really big fans of the original World of Motion pavilion?

misterID

0330120112.jpg
That looks like a replacement of the Hot/Cold/Corrosion rooms. The quest to replace all physical sets with video screens continues!

That may not be a bad thing though, if its part of an overall theme/story. The further they get away from the old TT the better. And that looks kind of cool. No telling how it will evolve.

misterID

Yea just the concept art at WDW's site just struck me as being very "Epcot Center-y" focused on experimentation and tomorrow. Unlike the more modern pavilions which are a mess. Also, didn't somebody here say that the GM/Chevorlet people who authorized the redo were really big fans of the original World of Motion pavilion?

Yup.

And if they do get rid of the metal canopy I'll be happy.

raven

Oh and from the previous posts, they are also going to do away with the canopy metal structure outfront, its going to go away all together. From what I understand there will not be a new one, but that could be wrong. Hopefully this will clean up the look of the front of the building. I think they are going for something very streamlined and sleek inside and out.

I've seen some concept are that includes a redo of that canopy. No telling if they will keep it though.

That's a happy to hear. My layers of optimism continue to build upon each other.

Hopefully whether they keep the canopy or not, they at least change it to be more streamlined and not obnoxious. I think it would be cool if they enclosed the outside track so it's like you're in a super-speed tunnel. That might help smooth out the lines and add to the futuristic look.

TestTrack Dummy

That's a happy to hear. My layers of optimism continue to build upon each other.

Hopefully whether they keep the canopy or not, they at least change it to be more streamlined and not obnoxious. I think it would be cool if they enclosed the outside track so it's like you're in a super-speed tunnel. That might help smooth out the lines and add to the futuristic look.

That would be awesome!!!!:sohappy:

Uncle Lupe

I wish they would use the original concept and increase the banking, speed. Just for fun have you circle the building twice.

Uncle Lupe

0330120112.jpg

From CAD to car. A concept in the making.

devoy1701

I'm glad some people are already homing in on the "replace physical sets with screens" thing. While it's a cool effect (along with with HM Augmented Reality piece), it's just a video screen. Nothing is actually happening to me or the car I'm riding in.

Will wait and see for this one. The concept art looks great! But a part of me finds it hard to get excited about this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom