WDW vs UNIVERSAL...Wish WDW had that..

MIKETFROMRI

Original Poster
Resorts.....just the magnitude of the Disney Resorts makes it a plus over Universal. With the Royal Pacific and Hard Rock and Portifino, Universal has beautiful resorts, but for a family looking to stay on site its soooooo expensive..needs some value resorts. Advantage DISNEY

Restaurants....again volume helps Disney but I gotta tell you that the ones Universal has really makes me excited about eating there. Hard Rock ( head shouklders over Planet Hoolywood), Marqeriterville, NBA, Bubba Gump...again Disney wins in volume but LOVE Universal eateries.... I know Disney has so many great ones ( Rainforest, Chef Mickeys, on and on but the ones Universal does have are exceptional) Advantage Universal

Fast Pass vs Front of Line Room Keys...in my mind NOTHING beats Universals front of the line Room Keys. Now I understand Disney can not compete with this because of how many resorts and room keys they would have, BUT Universal DOES and itts AWSUM...advantage Universal

Thrill Rides...Disney has Rockin,Space,Thunder, Splash,Expedition,TOT...but again can not compare to Hulk,Rip Rocket,Dueling dragaons,Dudley Doorite,Popeyes Barge....Advantage Universal.

Shows....Universal has Beetlejuice,and not much more..Disney Blows them away...Beauty and Beast, Nemo,Castle, etc..HUGE Advantage Disney

Pools.....Disney has some nice ones like Beach and Yacht Club but and if you are talking just for kids Disney's are great but Universals Pools for me are sooo much better...more towards adults...DRAW

real mad hatter

No Contest WDW Wins.

The first time we went to Florida in 2004,we didnt have a clue what to do,so we done a two centre trip.First week onsite at WDW. Second week at I/ Drive.and to be honest,both Disney and Universal blew us away,but staying inside the magic bubble at Disney won our hearts and this year will be our fifth trip,staying onsite is expensive,yes I agree,but there's just something so special about WDW that makes it our number one choice,I just hope the magic continues in our hearts forever.:wave:

Communicore

Disney needs a moving walkway voice, like the one in the Universal parking garage. Maybe have someone like Ghost Host or Jack Sparrow recite the spiel so people can hear it while their on the speedramps exiting those rides.

captainkidd

I'd give the Resorts edge to Disney. Universal is great and the staff are wonderful, but Disney's rooms and grounds are better.

Pools I'd also give to Disney. Hard Rock has a great pool, but there are awesome pools at many Disney Resorts.

Food I'd give the advantage to Disney in a heartbeat. Far more diversified selection to choose from, and though Universal has a couple of great restaurants, Disney has several.

Thrill rides and FOTL unquestionably go to Universal.

209vaughn

Restraunt advantage to Universal? That seems strange when you consider how many top level restraunts are at the deluxe Disney resorts.

The overall package that Disney provides as a company as a whole (movies, park, magic, resorts, history, personalizatioin etc) is just light years ahead of Universal. Walt himself to current day Disney Magic it's just so deep and rich.

Do I wish Disney had a little bit of the adventure and edge that Universal provides? Yes. But that seems to me about the only thing they have going from them. IOA is a big exciting park, but in terms of the total package it falls short.

Mickey_777

Universal does what they do well but nothing at that resort fits or belongs in WDW. IMO, not even Potter would go in DHS. The restaurants at CityWalk are great but those are third party restaurants that can be found all over america.

charminghearts

The fact that Disney allows you to take your belongings on the rides with you and not keep them in lockers outside the attraction is a big advantage for me.

captainkidd

The restaurants at CityWalk are great but those are third party restaurants that can be found all over america.

Good point.

Personally, with the exception of Hard Rock Cafe, I don't care for any of the restaurants at City Walk. Food is definitely one of Universal's weaknesses.

Mickey_777

Speaking of Jurassic Park, those have to be some of the worst AA's at any park anywhere in the world. Especially for a Universal Park. Their ugly and the movement is so choppy and fake looking. Terrible. I guess Uni doesn't do everything right.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not totally true. The Mummy has had a few broken effects that haven't been fixed (or hadn't been fixed in a while.) Same goes for Jurassic Park.

True. I Should have specifically said USF. ROTM consistently hits the high 90s for fx, with all levels from TM to management encouraged to aim for as close to 100 as possible. There are a few fx deactivated permenantly but only in situations where the sum of the parts is greater. No Yeti or time vortex lasers here.

invader

Comparing WDW and Uni is like comparing Coca-cola and Pepsi. One is always going to be better but some people always like the other...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom